Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 Players to Watch

TKnight24

Those are 5 I'll be following. Luck and Hooker working back on the field. Q and Mack fighting for large roles. Geathers getting all the way back while taking on a leadership role.

We have the makings of a pretty good young secondary. If they can stay on the field the Geathers/Hooker combo could be special. Q looked promising when he saw the field. Then Hairston Desir and Farley showed they can  play. The back end will at least add another CB in the draft.  That's not a bad group. 

• Like 3

Sorry, I'm just not all that excited about what I've seen from Marlon Mack. As a "situational" or change-of-pace guy, fine, but a running back who can't block or run between the tackles without getting crushed isn't going to have much of a future. Depending on what the Colts pick up in the draft, Mack could find himself sliding down the depth chart. 

• Like 2

Maybe the question should be; Which Colts AREN’T you scrutinizing this year?

So many players have potential:

Those named already and guys like Anderson, Hunt, Swoope, Stewart, Ridgeway and Rogers from last year, the rookies (obviously) and FAs.

I would not be surprised if the Colts made the playoffs. I’m not saying they will, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HarryTheCat said:

Sorry, I'm just not all that excited about what I've seen from Marlon Mack. As a "situational" or change-of-pace guy, fine, but a running back who can't block or run between the tackles without getting crushed isn't going to have much of a future. Depending on what the Colts pick up in the draft, Mack could find himself sliding down the depth chart. 

Mack did show better signs of being able to block/pick up the blitz in the last few games of last season.  Hopefully a new set of coaches and 1 pro year under his belt will improve his overall performance.  At this point I feel he is our premier back, but that may  change after the draft.

3 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

I see him as a 3rd down back or maybe a change of pace guy.  But I don't see him as a lead back.  

Luck, Hooker, Kelly, Mewhort and Geathers. Players that had injuries last year

Geathers came back but can he stay healthy with his hard nosed style of play.

Mewhort we will find out how long he can stay on the field 

Kelly should be fine

Hooker, can he regain form early and I hope he can stay healthy (pro bowl caliber)

Luck, Can we protect him from not only so many hit but viscous hits 

A lot to see this offseason

3 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

he has a future, but its as a back up 

Sorry, but going to take Ridgeway off my list of 5. I beleive he's going to be starter. I'm gonna add Joe Haeg, with the new strength coach I beleive it's going to help him the most. He has the footwork and know how. Lost his battles due to strength.

10 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

you know its kinda hard to show yourself as a change of pace back when a great back like frank was pretty much taking away your carries. so its good that this year he can actually prove himself

Mack is more like Joseph Addai than any other Colts RB I can think of.  Addai was the feature back, so I have no problem with putting Mack in that role.  We need a back up to Mack and his style in case of injury.  We don't need a RB with a different style like Frank Gore.