Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jordy Nelson makes great sense for Colts

Of all the free agents out there, I feel that Jordy makes the most sense for this team, being that they have a HUGE need at WR opposite Hilton, and he wouldn't break the bank since he is 32. I really hope Ballard is seriously considering signing him to give Luck another dependable WR. 

Love the old Jordy (5 years ago)...not this old Jordy. To me he reminds me of a free agent we went out and got during the last regime. Andre Johnson.....can't separate anymore...great guy...just done. If they don't think Aaron Rodgers can still get him the ball do we really want Andrew trying to fit it in there. Just my opinion.

46 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Love the old Jordy (5 years ago)...not this old Jordy. To me he reminds me of a free agent we went out and got during the last regime. Andre Johnson.....can't separate anymore...great guy...just done. If they don't think Aaron Rodgers can still get him the ball do we really want Andrew trying to fit it in there. Just my opinion.

Yeah this. Can't separate anymore. He could be useful as a slot guy, basically using his size and reach to outmuscle DBs but that's about it. I think there are better options out there.

If you look at the production of Randall Cobb over the past 2/3 years and then realise they chose Cobb over keeping Nelson, it says a fair bit.

I know prices would be different but Nelson has the bonus of keeping AR12 happy too.  Adams has looked a really good element to their offense and was clearly WR1 there from day one last year.

2 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Of all the free agents out there, I feel that Jordy makes the most sense for this team, being that they have a HUGE need at WR opposite Hilton, and he wouldn't break the bank since he is 32. I really hope Ballard is seriously considering signing him to give Luck another dependable WR. 

It would be like us going out and getting a Johnson type deal or resigning Wayne after he left NE ..... we need to stay away from older WR’s who have been injured recently and can’t establish themselves anymore. 

7 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Too late signed with the raiders.