Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Is Afraid Of Losing Luck

johnwaynes44

Its about both to me, and I would think it is to everyone else on the Colts roster and in the front office. The NFL is a win now business and that is made apparent every single season based on teams going from bottom to top and constant coaching turnover.

You are really going out on a limb with your second point there....

Also this is not a SB contending team with Peyton so why not turn the page and make all the changes needed.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also this is not a SB contending team with Peyton so why not turn the page and make all the changes needed.

Or why not let PM give us the best shot at one over the next couple of years while the team is continually retooled for the present and future? Every year is a crap shoot and last year's team had pretty much the same talent as the SB team of 09, minus PM. The blessing out of last year is it brought about change that would not have otherwise occurred for another 5 or 6 years and now the Colts have the chance for one bad season mixed in with a bunch of goods ones instead of a string of bad seasons after a bunch of good ones.

Making a rational decision for the future of the franchise is smart and I agree with it. But Irsay's behavior is not rational, it's creepy. Whether or not he is really that hokey or if he just likes the pub, or to get people like me stirred up, it is strange. I just feel like he runs his team through this lense of altered reality that centers around Yes and Beatles lyrics. He needs to stop sending coded messages and just tell us his rational thoughts if he has any.

When Irsay posts lyrics on twitter I don't think they're cryptic messages for how he runs this team. lol

Peyton is the Colts qb until 'something else' happens. That 'something else' will go down on March 8th. Irsay and Manning will let us know. Luck is not going to 'pull an Elway'. It will all work out one way or the other, and come September 9th, which will be our first home game (last 2 years on the road at Hou), I'll be on pins and needles rooting for the Colts like I always am.

Well gee John, thanks for clearing that all up for us. Wth is it with posters stating opinion as fact. Is it too much to state, here is my OPINION. Not... 'Manning will never be a colt again'. My heck.

Do you really need me to preface my post with in my opinion. I thought that was understood, but I guess not for some. In my opinion, mother may I, simon says, here goes nothin, IMO, IMAO...

When Irsay posts lyrics on twitter I don't think they're cryptic messages for how he runs this team. lol

If you don't think that two posts in a row within an hour with song lyrics with the word Luck in them has anything to do with Andrew Luck? He tweets out riddles all the time. Are you crazy?

Do you really need me to preface my post with in my opinion. I thought that was understood, but I guess not for some. In my opinion, mother may I, simon says, here goes nothin, IMO, IMAO...

Actually, it's a great idea these days.

Too many really do state their opinion as though it were fact, because, after all, how could it happen any other way than the way 'I' feel about it.

'I think, therefore, it is' has been pretty prevalent recently.

BTW, you don't have to preface your post with it, just sneak it in there somewhere.

I said it was my guess. If I were Andrew that's how I would feel about it.

Im just sayin, if he's ok to be the backup, then surely he understands it could be 1-3 years and he knows PMs age. If he wasn't happy with that then he would've demanded a trade by now.

Even if he wasn't happy later, he has to sit anyway :D then when the opportunity presents itself, well then he has nothing to be mad about anymore. But he realizes the possibilities.

If he is scared of that why hasn't he cut Peyton yet to show he is committed to luck, and why does he keep tweeting about the situation and making it look unstable has the media makes it out to be? Why hasnt he just drop the whole subject like Peyton has? Whether fans like to admit it or not Irsay is keeping this in the spotlight all by himself. The question is why?

Maybe he knows that PM his healthy and ready for next season and that they talked about him taking a pay cut. Maybe just maybe he wants luck to go Elway so no body in the colts organization looks like the bad guy. Think about it all the luck fans won't be like what is Irsay thinking, I can't believe he let him go...and all the Peyton fans won't be like wow he just let the goat go....wow. Not to mention what espn will do to the organization if Peyton goes on to play and win more super bowls and lucks a bust. Or if he let's luck go and the kid turns out to be great espn would say, he let the guy go.

If luck choose to walk everybody is the good guy, you can't blame him for not wanting to come to this unstable organization, espn makes it out to be, and Irsay ain't helping.

But with all that said with the combine rg3 had has caused the value for that pick to drop big time, making the idea unlikely.

But hey anything is possible.

Peyton Manning will never play for the Colts again and here is why. I really think Irsay would like to keep Manning and draft Luck, but he knows Luck wants to play right away and will play right away for another team if necessary. If he retains Manning, there is no way Luck is going to sign with the Colts. It will be Elway all over again. Irsay wants both, but can only have one, so the choice is clear. He goes with the future. Why wouldn't he. Manning is too much of a risk to throw away Luck. Luck WILL NOT play behind Peyton Manning. He is the most highly taughted QB maybe ever. I would love to see both here, but it just can't happen. Irsay feels like Luck is destined to be a Colt. His name, his number, the timing of it all. Irsay is all caught up in the destiny. He is a hokey, superstitious guy, texting lirics to songs with Luck in them. He is just a weird dude and I think he would do anything to get Luck, including bagging the season, cutting the franchise hall of fame QB, firing the GM and anyone else who may have resisted his plan. He is all in with this kid. I just hope he can live up to all that pressure.

They'll both be here, GAR-IN-TEED!!! Just wait for it, wait for it, wait for it...

If you don't think that two posts in a row within an hour with song lyrics with the word Luck in them has anything to do with Andrew Luck? He tweets out riddles all the time. Are you crazy?

I guessed Pagano was goimg to be the new head coach in a contest he had with lyrics as clues. So........

Who is a the SB winning team in need of Peyton? Keep in mind that team/coach will have to be willing to abandon their offensive scheme for a win it now stratagy, and not mind starting over in what some believe is 1 or 2 years at best. They'll need money too, and preferably a schedule that puts them indoors quite a bit.

Who is a the SB winning team in need of Peyton? Keep in mind that team/coach will have to be willing to abandon their offensive scheme for a win it now stratagy, and not mind starting over in what some believe is 1 or 2 years at best. They'll need money too, and preferably a schedule that puts them indoors quite a bit.

Why would they need to be indoors?

Peyton Manning will never play for the Colts again and here is why. I really think Irsay would like to keep Manning and draft Luck, but he knows Luck wants to play right away and will play right away for another team if necessary. If he retains Manning, there is no way Luck is going to sign with the Colts. It will be Elway all over again. Irsay wants both, but can only have one, so the choice is clear. He goes with the future. Why wouldn't he. Manning is too much of a risk to throw away Luck. Luck WILL NOT play behind Peyton Manning. He is the most highly taughted QB maybe ever. I would love to see both here, but it just can't happen. Irsay feels like Luck is destined to be a Colt. His name, his number, the timing of it all. Irsay is all caught up in the destiny. He is a hokey, superstitious guy, texting lirics to songs with Luck in them. He is just a weird dude and I think he would do anything to get Luck, including bagging the season, cutting the franchise hall of fame QB, firing the GM and anyone else who may have resisted his plan. He is all in with this kid. I just hope he can live up to all that pressure.

How did Irsay bag the season? Did he tell everyone to tank, from the coaches to the players, and also got them to make a oath of secrecy. If they didn't, Irsay's bombshell ninja assassins would silence them. So they accept the mission, lose at all costs. There prize, termination, while Irsay made off with his precious Luck.

Whoever we have or even with both I think there is a decent shot at making the playoffs. We only have to win our division and we get the benefit of playing all the 4th place teams due to our record. We likely will have a fairly easy schedule I haven't looked at it. The Giants won the Super Bowl with a 9-7 record. They got hot at the right time. If Peyton will rework his contract I am 100% for having both next year. No doubt Luck gives us the best chance in a couple years for the next decade. Peyton gives us the best chance for the next couple years. And personally for me...I enjoy watching the most entertaining player I have ever seen and want to see him here in Indy for a season or two before he retires. I will never get to witness someone run an offense like that ever again likely (including Luck) and I want to watch the HOF a few more times in person. I don't see how having both could be bad as long as it is worked out under the cap. I understand if keeping Peyton means we can't keep Luck...but it doesn't...and so I would rather watch the show Peyton puts on and then watch Luck in a year or two.

To me football is entertainment...the point is to sell tickets and make money and sure win. We only won 1 Super Bowl but I wouldn't characterize the last 13 years as a failure because of ALL the memories I had and all the entertainment that Peyton (and others) brought to Indy. So much entertainment that they built a new stadium to keep the team. Whether we win another super bowl to me isn't the ONLY objective. It will be GREAT but I will be just as happy watching exciting football and the team put on a show. Luck will do that no doubt but the show Peyton has given me over the last decade or more is worth an encore if you as me...and I want to see it in person.

If he is truly okay sitting behind Peyton then I want no part of him on the Colts...

If he thinks he is better right now and has nothing he could learn from Peyton Manning than I want no part of him either....but seriously I see no way that a 22 year old couldn't benefit from playing with one of the greatest tacticians/offensive minds the game has ever seen. I think we could be competitive now and into the future. I love Luck. Excited we are getting him...but to think that he couldn't learn from Peyton I think is pretty closed minded. Everything is hypethetical but I could list just as many positives from sitting behind Manning as negatives. At least with Peyton staying we get to witness one of the greatest of all time put on a great show for a year or two more before being BLESSED to have Luck take up after him.

I just don't get this love for a gonna be 36 year old damaged player when u have better options available to you...

PM, is the type of player you just have to take this kind of risk on. He has turned this franchise around single handedly and has taken a pay cut before to be able to re-sign players. Peyton in mind will no doubt re-structure his contract to remain a Colt. He has invested to much in this team/city to just up and leave. Again, you have to remember, it wasnt his idea to be paid this much, it was Irsays idea. With all the stuff from the past, I strongly believe we keep PM and draft Luck to sit behind and learn from the best QB to EVER play the game!

This isn't about just next year, this about the next decade. I bet has more wins over the next ten years then Peyton does...

It is entirely possible that you are correct. If we had Peyton for 5 more years he might only win 60 games or so. On the other hand if we had Luck for 10 years he would very likely surpass that total.

How about this:

Anyone wonder why smitten Jim said this?

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

Wow Derrick Wags...u must be CIA as a brilliant decoder!

It's because Derrick Wags said this:

Derrick Wags@Drkwggs

@JimIrsay I know why 417 you sly dog:) 4+1+7= number 12. Who's number is that?? Any lucky guesses out there

In reply to this:

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

Prize package for Oscar predictions-1) Picture of year 2)Best Actor 3)Best Actress-Must predict all 3 correct-$417 n Colts Helmet/1 guess

Irsay is definitely toying with everyone, dropping hints. Luck is the pick. I dont think he disrespects manning with any hints on that scenario, it will just play out. But if he's dropping tweet hints like a school girl over Luck the writing is on the wall.

I also think this:

Jim Irsay@JimIrsay

There is no elephant in the room,the elephant resides in the circus...and the last one out of the circus,has to lock up everything

from a few days ago means--I am not afraid of talking about the peyton situation. It's being dealt with. And I'm the one who is going to deal with it. And I'm the one who is going to cut Peyton Manning....

and you know his arm status? enlighten us?

I don't claim to know his arm strength. I stated that he has thus far missed 16 games, and his arm strength is still uncertain up to this point such that he has not received medical clearance by the Colts to play. Until he has received this clearance, I will reasonably continue to doubt that his arm strength is adequate enough to play.

Well gee John, thanks for clearing that all up for us. Wth is it with posters stating opinion as fact. Is it too much to state, here is my OPINION. Not... 'Manning will never be a colt again'. My heck.

It was the first thing, what came to my mind, when reading this post.

Thank You!

It triggered a pretty debate about PM, Luck, RGIII and Irsay anyway.