Andrew lucks interview sounds like a QB that fully expects to come back

horseshoecrabs

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think the FO and Luck are positive about him returning.

But they are not sure of an exact time frame at this time so they are not going there. After what happened last year with Irsay's pre mature comment they are not painting themselves into a corner.

That would be one of the smarter things they've done in a while say as little as possible.

4 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Andrew talks about the new fast paced offense and his thoughts. 

To me it was uplifting to here Lucks thoughts on the new coach and  offense This does not sound like a guy unsure of his future  

I don't mean to be a Killjoy...

But Andrew gave interviews periodically in 2017 and he sounded optimistic in all of them.    Andrew was wrong on every prediction he made for himself.

All I'm saying is try not to read too much into his comments.   Andrew is an optimist by nature.   You rarely,  if ever, read something negative from him.

When he reveals he's throwing a football and that not only is there no pain but he also feels the zip coming back on his passes and he feels like he did BEFORE he got hurt THEN we will all have reason to be optimistic about his future.    

Until then, I'd urge caution for all of us....

Just saying....

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

But Andrew gave interviews periodically in 2017 and he sounded optimistic in all of them.    Andrew was wrong on every prediction he made for himself.

All I'm saying is try not to read too much into his comments.   Andrew is an optimist by nature.   You rarely,  if ever, read something negative from him.

When he reveals he's throwing a football and that not only is there no pain but he also feels the zip coming back on his passes and he feels like he did BEFORE he got hurt THEN we will all have reason to be optimistic about his future.    

Just saying....

ok so let's give him the benefit of the doubt  for now .

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just saying....

Andrew is also very intelligent..He will bank that 50 million travel the world and read books..

7 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

No you really can't but ship ,realistically,  I  have to agree  with you on the Barkley pick if he's available at 3 I can't see passing him up. If not a DE rusher is fine with me. if that's what we need after FA.

I agree, i think we can get 1 in 2nd though..If we stand pact no trade back Barkley is there you take him ask questions later..I think we will get Lawrence or Ansah in free agency anyways..Aint no Barkleys floating around unless u pay 15 million to Bell who I highly doubt won't be franchised.

“As if he’s not busy enough scooping in the NFL, analyzing Bellator 194 (tomorrow, 9p) & being a pop... @JayGlazer hopped on @TikiAndTierney and told us that Andrew Luck’s shoulder is okay, but it’s his bicep that is the issue now  #Colts”

Thats from Tiki Barbers twitter account... Haven’t said much on the luck situation on here and I expect him to come back. However I’m ready to move on if he needs more surgeries. 

3 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

If this is all for naught then i understand everyone's concern. But let's cross that bridge by draft  day. We owe   him that.

I'm sure Luck would not  stand in the way, if he had serious doubts for this season.

Id stand in the way and try to milk another year next year at 25 million per rather If I knew i would ever play or not..He has a free 50 million and I'm sure he has a financial advisor..

24 minutes ago, Smitto said:

“As if he’s not busy enough scooping in the NFL, analyzing Bellator 194 (tomorrow, 9p) & being a pop... @JayGlazer hopped on @TikiAndTierney and told us that Andrew Luck’s shoulder is okay, but it’s his bicep that is the issue now  #Colts”

Thats from Tiki Barbers twitter account... Haven’t said much on the luck situation on here and I expect him to come back. However I’m ready to move on if he needs more surgeries. 

And, regarding the biceps, there is this:

40 minutes ago, Smitto said:

There was a slew of articles that came out on Dec. 17 all saying basically this same thing... "Bicep" "might need another surgery" then there were rumblings of a consortium of doctors (that hadn't treated Luck) concerned that he may need another surgery, but this time on the bicep... That has continued until today with this Tiki/Glazer thing today. 

I realized when I read the tweet today that this likely wasn't new info...

and that Ballard and Luck have both said explicitly that they don't think he will need another surgery since the bicep stories started popping up. 

I'm not saying that there isn't truth to any of it, just that Glazer didn't seem to  break anything that hasn't been reported over the last couple months. Admittedly, I didn't listen to the show. 

13 hours ago, Sumo63 said:

I think they all understand the business they're in.  I'm sure Luck has the utmost respect for Pagano as a friend, a coach, and a man, and rightfully so.  I don't think chuck would hear that comment and be hurt by it.  

Very well said Sumo63. I don't disagree with anything you said. I was half joking with my reply. You know, not everybody is thrilled about a regime change i.e. Chuck probably secretly wishes he was still in INDY. 

True, we all get the business side of the NFL: Win or get replaced by somebody else. All kidding aside, I knew what you meant & you're right. Sarcasm is just my reflex position. 

13 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

With or without Luck we have a very good YOUNG QB with skills in Brissett..I hope he reads all this and I'm sure he does..I know I would if I was in that position..I hope he uses it as fuel..Just saying..We are in a good shape with Reich and we have 2 high quality QBs..

One of the better things I have seen you post. 

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just saying....

Dude, you have been Luck's biggest fan ever since his college yrs at Stanford. NCF, I realize you're being cautiously optimistic about Luck's recovery from surgery, but I gotta say this my friend; I'm a little surprised with your Killjoy stance. 

#Chewbacca Resurgence. Book it. 

Okay, I don't either. I just gotta believe Chewy is due to dominant again Brotha. The football gods know that JM burned us & because of that INDY's leader will take his proper place in our division once again like destiny. 

8 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Jacoby Brissett is Air McNair Jr..Just wait and see...

I remember Steve McNair from his Titans days JS23. Loved that QB! Tough as nails. Favre who? haha Hard to believe he was successful under HC Jeff Fisher now isn't it? I love when FS1 Undisputed co host Shannon Sharpe says "He was so bad that the Rams should have fired him twice!" LOL! 

Air McNair Jr. Love that nickname JS23. I don't know why some posters criticize you. I think you're smart, a draft master, & funny as hades, but what do I know. You are right though. Brissett is a darn good backup we need to keep longterm. 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

I remember Steve McNair from his Titans days JS23. Loved that QB! Tough as nails. Favre who? haha Hard to believe he was successful under HC Jeff Fisher now isn't it? I love when FS1 Undisputed co host Shannon Sharpe says "He was so bad that the Rams should have fired him twice!" LOL! 

Air McNair Jr. Love that nickname JS23. I don't know why some posters criticize you. I think your smart, a draft master, & funny as hades, but what do I know. You are right though. Brissett is a darn good backup we need to keep longterm. 

I think Brissett can be much more than a backup with Reich developing him especially SW1...It was his first full season in a tough situation with no training camp to learn the offense..I think he is a perfect fit for RPO..

11 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I think Brissett can be much more than a backup with Reich developing him especially SW1...It was his first full season in a tough situation with no training camp to learn the offense..I think he is a perfect fit for RPO..

True, toward the end of the regular season, Jacoby was releasing the ball lightning quick & whenever he did throw a pick; it never seemed to rattle him. He responds well to adversity. You can't teach that. You either have resolve to get back in the saddle & score a TD or you don't. 

Yeah, I like Jacoby a lot. Bill Parcels raves about him & you might be onto something there buddy. He could INDY's Nick Foles. Translation: No drop off in QB play if Luck needs more time to heal. I'm not talking SB bound yet, but still competitive under Brissett. That's all I care about. Both QB 1 or 2 can kick caboose & still win games late. 

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

True, toward the end of the regular Jacoby was releasing the ball lightning quick & whenever he did throw a pick; it never seemed to rattle him. He responds well to adversity. You can't teach that. You either have resolve to get back in the saddle & score a TD or you don't. 

Yeah, I like Jacoby a lot. Bill Parcels raves about him & you might be onto something there buddy. He could INDY's Nick Foles. Translation: No drop off in QB play if Luck needs more time to heal. 

Yeah man for sure...I am not worried about Luck at all....I think we will be good with or without him...Put Brissett in that Philly offense, fix the line, and give him a couple shiny new toys to play with,I think he will be the real McCoy..He literally played in the worst possible offensive scheme with 1 real weapon ,and a makeshift line all while not really knowing or being able to be comfortable in the offense last year..

“Going back to (Reich’s) playing days, he’s incredibly successful, and he’s been around some awesome quarterbacks,” Luck said. “And I hope I can learn from him and ask him how Peyton or Carson or Philip did it, and find the best way for me or for whatever Colt quarterback way that is. I hope I can give him the most that I can give, and that he can help me get out of me the most that’s there.” - Andrew Luck

This may be reading too much into the interview, but this struck me as really odd. Knowing that you missed an entire year and you are fighting to get healthy and back on the field, why mention that possibility of their being "Other Colts QBs?" I understand that he is considering the other QBs, (Brisset, Kaya, etc.) but it almost sounds like, If I can't go, then Coach Reich can get the best out of the other QBs too.

BTW - I think Luck will play this year. It's just that this interview was supposed to make me feel like Luck was confident about coming back, but it didn't make me feel that way.

18 hours ago, Mr.Debonair said:

It wouldn't be surprised if he didn't play again this year. Just a sneaky feeling

If he were to miss yet another year, I would hope we move on from him. You can't be paying a guy the money he's getting to miss this much time. Or you see what you can get for him in a trade. 

14 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Jacoby Brissett is Air McNair Jr..Just wait and see...

I think you are much higher opinion on Brissett than me {or most others).  IMO he can be an average starter... I see Flacco, Dalton, Taylor... With a ceiling if he is lucky and he manages to reach the top of his potential (unlikely IMO) of maybe Alex Smith or Cousins. 

21 minutes ago, esmort said:

I think you are much higher opinion on Brissett than me {or most others).  IMO he can be an average starter... I see Flacco, Dalton, Taylor... With a ceiling if he is lucky and he manages to reach the top of his potential (unlikely IMO) of maybe Alex Smith or Cousins. 

Why unlikely?? He has 1 season as a starter? He is still young? I think with him the game needs to slow down a bit so he can read a react quicker...I think all the physical tools are there...

29 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Why unlikely?? He has 1 season as a starter? He is still young? I think with him the game needs to slow down a bit so he can read a react quicker...I think all the physical tools are there...

I realize he is young and he was thrown into the fire on the Colts. But he had been through a season with the Pats as well. I just don't see it... he doesn't seem to read the defense well and doesn't see open receivers and/or struggles to go through progressions. Like he picks who he is throwing to before the play and than doesn't like to change receivers or something. 

This is just my layman's view from watching games; I haven't studied tape or anything. He doesn't feel like he has that "It factor" to me. 

I love him as a back up and think he is an average starter... I just don't see franchise QB. 

7 minutes ago, esmort said:

I realize he is young and he was thrown into the fire on the Colts. But he had been through a season with the Pats as well. I just don't see it... he doesn't seem to read the defense well and doesn't see open receivers and/or struggles to go through progressions. Like he picks who he is throwing to before the play and than doesn't like to change receivers or something. 

This is just my layman's view from watching games; I haven't studied tape or anything. He doesn't feel like he has that "It factor" to me. 

I love him as a back up and think he is an average starter... I just don't see franchise QB. 

You might be right...I worry about the same thing, but I think it might be more of not being comfortable enough in the offense to react quick and know all his progressions so a lot of time he probably did just lock in on 1 guy...I like his physical tools though...I would like to see him with a full camp and otas under his belt , a better line, and a few more weapons before I say he can't be really good or is average...He can make throws a lot of QBs can't make, and while he isn't fast he is an effective scrambler...Its all the mental part for me and he seems like a smart guy so I expect it all to slow down for him...

17 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Id stand in the way and try to milk another year next year at 25 million per rather If I knew i would ever play or not..He has a free 50 million and I'm sure he has a financial advisor..

And $50 million for him is probably like $300 million for other athletes. What I mean he doesn't look like someone who has a expensive lifestyle. Flip phones are less expensive than iPhone's & Galaxy 8. haha