Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Reich HC - #3 is Barkley or Chubb

ThorstenDenmark

17 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I actually think you take insults very well. Your defense of Pagano made you a punching bag here for a long time, and you came out of it pretty well. At the very least, you take insults with a grain of salt and rarely let them change your stance, and that's admirable, whether I agree with the stance or not.

I think there's a complement in there somewhere. haha All shenanigans aside, I do agree with you that CC1 is good at stating his position & not backing down if he believes in someone. Some folks call that stubbornness or standing your ground, but I admire that quality cause I'm the exact same way. It's like when everybody thinks your nuts & you say I know I'm right I don't care who slams me or jokes with me. I like tenacity in people. That's what it is. Backbone for lack of a better word. You're definitely no jellyfish CC1. 

Uh huh. To CC1's credit, he always took the high road no matter what level of flack he endured. Sorry, I got in the Pagano bashing with you too CC1. Not my finest hour I'll admit. But, like Jared said or inferred you don't back down & take it with a grain of salt. A testament to your resolve CC1. :hat:

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On February 14, 2018 at 12:17 PM, presto123 said:

Quoted for truth! So many people here want to ignore the big elephant in the room and pretend everything will be just fine. I hope it all works out, but this thread is nothing but noise until we find out Luck's long term status. Still VERY MUCH up in the air.

As much as I hate to admit this, I'd be lying if I wasn't a tiny bit worried about Luck's shoulder especially after this past season thinking Andrew would be good to go by August & he wasn't. Look man, I love Chewbacca man & I know he's working his tail off to return to the field. 

I don't think any GM lied to me about Andrew's health. I just want the best for him & pray that there are setbacks this time around.  

Barkley or Chubb at #3 are not great options to have (we aren't an RB away from SB champions - plus it is seemingly a deep class at the position).

Wait until the after the combine and free agency I think the landscape will change and some new faces will be in the mix. 

9 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

As much as I hate to admit this, I'd be lying if I wasn't a tiny bit worried about Luck's shoulder especially after this past season thinking Andrew would be good to go by August & he wasn't. Look man, I love Chewbacca man & I know he's working his tail off to return to the field. 

I don't think any GM lied to me about Andrew's health. I just want the best for him & pray that there are setbacks this time around.  

Nothing wrong with being worried brotha. It’s a scary injury. But we’re talking about Chewbacca here, we know he is bound and determined to come back better than ever. It’s taking longer than we thought/wanted, but until he himself says it’s over, I am assuming with confidence that he will return and be the stud he was before he got hurt. 

I think FA might help us understand what direction we are going for our pick. Obviously if they want a certain guy in the draft they are not going to tip there hand, so remember it's a poker move to through other teams off the sent. for less leverage, as Superman has said  It's not going to be known until the combine, FA and then the draft where we will stack up

1 minute ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I think FA might help us understand what direction we are going for our pick. Obviously if they want a certain guy in the draft they are not going to tip there hand, so remember it's a poker move to through other teams off the scent. for less leverage, as Superman has said  It's not going to be known until the combine, FA and then the draft where we will stack up

Edited by horseshoecrabs
spelling

34 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Nothing wrong with being worried brotha. It’s a scary injury. But we’re talking about Chewbacca here, we know he is bound and determined to come back better than ever. It’s taking longer than we thought/wanted, but until he himself says it’s over, I am assuming with confidence that he will return and be the stud he was before he got hurt. 

Thanks ALFB. I appreciate that. Part of me is mad at myself for letting doubt creep into my mind since I want Chewy to reestablish his dominance in the AFC South this year. So many TV pundits love to paint this picture that we are left for dead & I so wanna prove everybody wrong. 

Thanks for the boost of confidence man. We want the exact same thing: Set the NFL world on fire again like Luck was never sidelined. Just waiting for the perfect time to make every other franchise raise their eyebrow & go crap, INDY's gonna be a serious thorn in all our backsides now. Oh yeah. 

18 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

As for Andrew luck's status check out his resent interview 

Is this a new interview posted on the official Colts website hsc? Just asking. Thanks. 

I went there on Wednesday to see the new videos on our new head coach Frank Reich & clips on LB Edwin Jackson.

2 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

It said sometime today

Appreciate that. 

I found it funny how our GM & owner kept mentioning character, honesty, & integrity with Frank at his introduction press conference. A dig at McDaniels obviously. Not complaining at all. LOL! 

5 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Yes Chubb would be a better pass rusher than Anderson most likely..I was just saying Anderson could be good at DE in 4-3 if we go a different direction in draft..I hope we get Okoronkwo or Landry in 2nd, or sign Lawrence or Ansah in free agency...I think other guys we can get at 3 or in tradeback have better potential...If we stay at 3 and Barkley is there you have to take him..I won't back off that, Chubb is riskier and I value RB I know what a great one will mean to us...

I disagree, I don’t think you have to take him and I don’t think you take him. They will have similar grades on each of them most likely, and positional need and weight will come into play, which DE and pass rusher will always outweigh running back. Barkley maybe the slightly better player, but value wise, I go DE/Pass rusher all day in the scenario. 

My 2 cents...If we stay at #3 we will take Chubb.  Last year our team's goal was to take either a top safety or DE/OLB.  Since we already took a safety last year in the draft am under the impression we are switching defense base to a 4/3 and Chubb is now the logical choice.

Sony Michel would be heavily on our radar as the 2nd pick imo

4 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

I really expect the Browns to pick up a QB in FA. In that case they will be drafting Barkley at 1 or trading back.

4 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

I really expect the Browns to pick up a QB in FA. In that case they will be drafting Barkley at 1 or trading back.

Supposedly they finally have a competent g.m. so yeah they probably will..I lived there 6 years and feel sorry for Saquon...He would do better in our climate controlled confines..

10 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Supposedly they finally have a competent g.m. so yeah they probably will..I lived there 6 years and feel sorry for Saquon...He would do better in our climate controlled confines..

They would think Saquon is the second coming of Jim Brown and they would be right.  They would love him.  I can see him running in the snow now. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915990/article/charley-casserly-mock-draft-10-colts-snag-saquon-barkley

Well he was a GM at one point :dunno:

I am a fan of the idea of drafting Barkley... We are the minority clearly (@jshipp23 amongst others) but I stand by it. I believe the kid is the real deal and will become a truly special RB wherever he ends up. Pair him with an elite QB (Luck) and teams will fear a matchup with the Colts again.

14 minutes ago, life long said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000915990/article/charley-casserly-mock-draft-10-colts-snag-saquon-barkley

I am a fan of the idea of drafting Barkley... We are the minority clearly (@jshipp23 amongst others) but I stand by it. I believe the kid is the real deal and will become a truly special RB wherever he ends up. Pair him with an elite QB (Luck) and teams will fear a matchup with the Colts again.

That's the goal..Colts forum is build the trenches only. Lol..They have been brainwashed..

6 minutes ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

Barkley looks like generational talent, it's hard to pass up on that, but we need a pass rusher.

Those are usually better investments early in the first round as well.

If u had to bet life savings who will be all-pro who do you take?

15 minutes ago, life long said:

I am taking Barkley if he's there. Even with just an Average O.line our Offense would be deadly. Andrew + Barkley + TY and Doyle as a security blanket = we are putting up 25-30 a game.

14 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

That's the goal..Colts forum is build the trenches only. Lol..They have been brainwashed..

I think with the switch to a 4-3 will allow us not to need a fantastic D line. We have decent pieces already. That defense is more about how well you cover. It also is a simple defense comparatively, which is why Polian/Ballard are such fans of it. You can potentially find late round gems like Mathis right? You can find talent for a 4-3 zone easier than a 3-4 man coverage defense IMO. 

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am taking Barkley if he's there. Even with just an Average O.line our Offense would be deadly. Andrew + Barkley + TY and Doyle as a security blanket = we are putting up 25-30 a game.

Well putting up 25-30 points a game does no good when the defense gives up 30-35 points a game from not having any pass rushers. :scratch:

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well putting up 25-30 points a game does no good when the defense give up 30-35 points a game from not having any pass rushers. :scratch:

Why pass on Barkley when we can pick Defense with picks 2-7 if we want? That is where the misconception with this Draft comes in. People think just because we pass on Chubb and take Barkley we cant build a Defense. I would rather Draft the sure thing and someone that will take pressure off of Luck coming off an Injury. That is just me. We can Draft a couple of Pass Rushers between picks 2-4 that may be better than Chubb. There isn't 1 RB that will be better than Barkley in this whole Draft. JMO.

26 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

In this case, I'd go for the more talented player at their position.

Barkley.

If Chubb is a JJ Watt type freak then I'd pick him, but he doesn't look like he'll be at that level to me. He's an athletic freak for sure but I'd like to see better technique from him down the stretch. 

Barkley just seems insane. But my nagging intuition always tells me picking up a back this early is bad. Even though that's not really the case.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why pass on Barkley when we can pick Defense with picks 2-7 if we want? That is where the misconception with this Draft comes in. People think just because we pass on Chubb and take Barkley we cant build a Defense. I would rather Draft the sure thing and someone that will take pressure off of Luck coming off an Injury. That is just me. We can Draft a couple of Pass Rushers between picks 2-4 that may be better than Chubb. There isn't 1 RB that will be better than Barkley in this whole Draft. JMO.

Our O-line is gonna need some work too

4 minutes ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

In this case, I'd go for the more talented player at their position.

Barkley.

If Chubb is a JJ Watt type freak then I'd pick him, but he doesn't look like he'll be at that level to me. He's an athletic freak for sure but I'd like to see better technique from him down the stretch. 

Barkley just seems insane. But my nagging intuition always tells me picking up a back this early is bad. Even though that's not really the case.

If I thought Chubb was the next Watt, I would take Chubb but I don't. He may not even be as good as Bosa.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well I guess we haven't learned anything about having a high powered offense without having a defense that can stop other QBs from looking like all pro QBs against us. We will never beat Brady or QBs of his caliber without the best pass rushers available.