Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Offensive Coordinator

1959Colts

It seems the name most mentioned for the Colts is Darrell Bevell.

However, in the past 24 hours the Giants seem to be making a play for him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/pat-shurmur-turn-darrell-bevell-giants-oc-article-1.3813967

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/02/giants_coordinator_search_darrell_bevell_more_than.html

Or perhaps Reich will want to bring someone else? Maybe he has an OC waiting in the wings? 

4 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/pat-shurmur-turn-darrell-bevell-giants-oc-article-1.3813967

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2018/02/giants_coordinator_search_darrell_bevell_more_than.html

Or perhaps Reich will want to bring someone else? Maybe he has an OC waiting in the wings? 

I sure wish I met Reich in my life. I would love to be in his binder as potential OC's.

12 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Chris Ballard has been in contact with Darrell Bevell & had no issues occured last week he would IMO already have the Colts OC job  ,

The Giants are late to the party it could cost a little more but if he was Ballards man before he still is .   I say he's IN ....

Like I said in another thread. Bring him in.

Frank Reich ran a version of the West Coast in Philadelphia and Bevells ran it in Seattle. 

Good fit.

NFL Offensive Schemes

3 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

1. JMV1070 Retweeted Chuck DeBleu

Reich will have heavy influence regarding his staff so that might get interesting with the guys already here

JMV1070 added,

Chuck DeBleu @DeBleuMan
    Replying to @JMV1070
    Congrats! What have you heard on his possible assistants?

I could be wrong but I think Elberflus and Phair are safe not sure about DeG

...The Colts have talked with Darrell Bevell for weeks about the team’s offensive coordinator job, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reports. While the Seahawks’ former offensive coordinator still could be a possibility for the Colts, the Giants also could have interest in Bevell as offensive coordinator after the Vikings denied them chance to hire Kevin Stefanski...

Darrell Bevell remains available if Colts want him as coordinator

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/11/darrell-bevell-remains-available-if-colts-want-him-as-coordinator/

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

We are doomed, Reich doesn't know squat, he is just a meh...guy!!! Yep, get ready for another 4-12 season. 

#nevercanwinbeforeyouplay

Are you not even going to give us a night to enjoy the news before you * in our cornflakes?  LOL

5 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Are you not even going to give us a night to enjoy the news before you * in our cornflakes?  LOL

I am representing the naysayer sentiment that has been going around the forum even though I was/am a big proponent of Reich :) 

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

I'm ok with this hire.

WalterFootball's comment about why he didn't give the Reich hire a B+ grade like he wanted to:

I was ready to give this grade a B+, but another news story caught my eye. Jason La Canfora is reporting that the Colts have been talking to Darrell Bevell to be their new offensive coordinator. If Reich authorized this, it's a major hit to his stock. Bevell is a disaster. He's been one of the worst offensive coordinators in the NFL this decade, and hiring him would be an atrocious decision. In fact, I'd consider dropping this grade to a "C" if Bevell happened to be hired, but I'll leave it as a B- for now. 

•  
  • 5,211 posts

WalterFootball's comment about why he didn't give the Reich hire a B+ grade like he wanted to:

I was ready to give this grade a B+, but another news story caught my eye. Jason La Canfora is reporting that the Colts have been talking to Darrell Bevell to be their new offensive coordinator. If Reich authorized this, it's a major hit to his stock. Bevell is a disaster. He's been one of the worst offensive coordinators in the NFL this decade, and hiring him would be an atrocious decision. In fact, I'd consider dropping this grade to a "C" if Bevell happened to be hired, but I'll leave it as a B- for now. 

Well now, that is not very nice...lol

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Sorry, I would trust Ballard and Reich over this clown.  

@PrincetonTiger

http://www.chargers.com/team/coaches/roster/nick-sirianni

BIOGRAPHY

Nick Sirianni will coach the Chargers wide receivers for a second season in 2017. A former quality control and quarterbacks coach, this is Sirianni’s fifth season with the team.

Under Sirianni’s guidance, Tyrell Williams enjoyed a breakout season for the Chargers in 2016. In just his second NFL season, Williams led the Bolts with 69 catches and 1,059 yards. He became just the 15th player in franchise history to top 1,000 yards. Three of the Chargers’ top four pass catchers in 2016 were wide receivers as Williams, Dontrelle Inman and Travis Benjamin combined to catch 174 passes for 2,546 yards and 15 touchdowns. Williams and Benjamin each caught six passes of 40 yards or longer, tied for most in the League.

A native of Jamestown, N.Y., Sirianni won three NCAA Division III National Championships (2000-02) as a wide receiver at the University of Mount Union in Alliance, Ohio. A three-year starter, he earned All-Ohio Athletic Conference honors as a senior after a career-high 13 touchdown catches. Sirianni spent one season (2005) playing in the Atlantic Indoor Football League with the Canton Legends before transitioning into coaching. He coached defensive backs at Mt. Union during the 2004-05 seasons and helped lead the Purple Raiders to another national title in 2005.

Sirianni spent three seasons (2006-08) coaching wide receivers at Indiana University in Pennsylvania before landing his first NFL job with the Kansas City Chiefs in 2009. From 2009-11, he was an offensive quality control coach for the Chiefs and in 2012 he coached the team’s wide receivers. In 2010, Sirianni worked with the Chiefs’ quarterbacks and helped Matt Cassel achieve All-Pro honors.

Sirianni originally joined the Chargers in 2013 as a quality control coach on offense before spending the 2014-15 seasons coaching quarterbacks. Philip Rivers went to the Pro Bowl in 2014 and in 2015, he enjoyed a record-breaking season as he set new franchise marks for attempts and completions, while passing for 4,792 yards, 10 shy of the franchise record. Rivers set a team-record with five-straight 300-yard games in 2015, including the first 500-yard game in team history, and he threw 29 touchdown passes.

Sirianni’s brother, Mike, is the head coach at Washington and Jefferson College in Washington, Pa. A six-time Presidents’ Athletic Conference Coach of the Year, including 2012-14, Sirianni owns a .810 winning percentage (128-30), which is the highest in school history. In 2016, the Presidents went 9-2, including a 38-31 victory over Brockport State (N.Y.) in the ECAC Presidents Bowl at Franklin Field in Philadelphia. Brother, Jay, is a former head coach at their alma mater, Southwestern Central High School in Jamestown where their father, Fran, also spent nine years as the varsity head coach. Under Jay, Southwestern Central won New York state championships in 2008 and ’09. He stepped down from coaching at Southwestern Central in 2015.

Sirianni and his wife, Brett, have a son, Jacob.

He's a young guy. Only 36 years old. 

20 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Walterfootball is horrible.  They still have Lamar Jackson going #1?

7 minutes ago, Superman said:

I assume he will not call plays. 

Why? He called plays previously in his career and Pederson didn’t call plays until this year in Philly. There is no reason why he won’t be in charge of the offense like Nagy, Pederson, Reid, etc.