Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rapoport: Irsay already making calls, plus names to watch for

RockThatBlue

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Dowhower:  A dim bulb

Kush: Too braunish

Infante:  A good OC, that was his ceiling

Caldwell:  Not sure what he contributed.  Maybe that's the problem.

Venturi:  A good DC, that was his ceiling.

Pagano: Simply overmatched by opposing HCs

Mora: Good HC, I'd like him again.

Meyer:  The HC that put Indy on the football map.  A pretty smart guy.

Arians:  The right guy at the right time

Marchibroda: A great HC that I'd like to have again

Dungy:  Probably overrated, but still the best HC the Colts have had.

I have to say this is spot on.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Such an assumption about what I'm saying.

Losing your coaching job is part of being a professional in the NFL.

The info presented in this thread did not suggest he was huddling with friends and family in the corner of the stadium.  It implied that he was on the sidelines in pre game warmup crying with sufficient intensity to be captured on camera.

If there is mitigating information, its fine with me.

Perhaps I read you wrong. I felt like you were implying that crying in that stadium was either weak or unprofessional. 

4 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Did you even see it or just running your mouth because you want to? He was standing with family/friends. Get over yourself, it’s OK for him to be emotional today. The man gave us everything he had for the last 6 years, that’s all you can ask for from a man. People like to make fun of his “Paganoisms” but you can tell he believes everything he says. 

See it?  I'm commenting on information that's presented in this forum.  You must be confusing this medium with a fact based process.

How do you know he gave us everything?  Do you know everything that he has to give? Hopefully, that bucket of "everything" a man has to give includes competence and professionalism.

Its okay if he cries. I simply said I just prefer HCs with anger management issues over HCs with blubbering management issues. Its just that I don't recall ever hearing of another professional football coach crying in pregame warmups on their last day.   But I haven't taken the time to watch every sideline of every pregame warmup today before making that comment.   

25 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Perhaps I read you wrong. I felt like you were implying that crying in that stadium was either weak or unprofessional. 

I just have never seen another NFL coach do it in pregame warmup.  He still has a game to coach BTW, so crying before the game in the stadium does in fact seem less than professional to me.

Nobody's perfect.  I don't really care.

4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

See it?  I'm commenting on information that's presented in this forum.  You must be confusing this medium with a fact based process.

How do you know he gave us everything?  Do you know everything that he has to give? Hopefully, that bucket of "everything" a man has to give includes competence and professionalism.

Its okay if he cries. I simply said I just prefer HCs with anger management issues over HCs with blubbering management issues. Its just that I don't recall ever hearing of another professional football coach crying in pregame warmups on their last day.   But I haven't taken the time to watch every sideline of every pregame warmup today before making that comment.   

Lol your a gem. 

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I am just posting on what has been reported in this forum. 

29 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I just have never seen another NFL coach do it in pregame warmup.  He still has a game to coach BTW, so crying before the game in the stadium does in fact seem less than professional to me.

Nobody's perfect.  I don't really care.

I’d put money on dick vermeil crying pregame, during the game, and postgame.  

16 hours ago, ricker182 said:

I'd be happy if the kept Pagano as a clubhouse guy.  That's about all he's good for.  

But seriously, I wonder if he would be OK with being a DB coach or something.  

I really don't think anyone else will ever hire him as a head coach again. 

DB coach wouldn’t be out of the question. Just don’t let him try to draft players

1 hour ago, Btown_Colt said:

Lol your a gem. 

Apparently, me saying a rather benign thing, that I thought that a HC crying before his last game in a public arena is less than professional, and that I prefer someone who would be unprofessional in the direction of throwing his clipboard, has somehow offended your personal belief system to the point of carving my posts out of this thread for quotes.   

Personally, I don't like emotional coaches and prefer the great ones like Tom Landry, Chuck Knoll, and Don Shula. 

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Apparently, me saying a rather benign thing, that I thought that a HC crying before his last game in a public arena is less than professional, and that I prefer someone who would be unprofessional in the direction of throwing his clipboard, has somehow offended your personal belief system to the point of carving my posts out of this thread for quotes.   

Personally, I don't like emotional coaches and prefer the great ones like Tom Landry, Chuck Knoll, and Don Shula, but I somehow think they would lose it in the direction of throwing a clipboard rather than crying.

But I guess the speech gestapo has appeared, so I'll fall in line and publicly sympathize with the sensitive blubbering types from this point forward.

My point was that you made your comments without knowing what was truly going on. It don’t matter to me which type of personality your prefer, I just find it amazing that you can’t possibly fathom that a guy who has dedicated the last 6 years of his life to this organization is sad that he is about to coach his last game. Why is it so hard to believe that he actually loved coaching this team and is sad that it’s now over?

And I’m carving out your posts because your the only one being a DB. A little compassion and understanding in life would benefit you well.

2 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

My point was that you made your comments without knowing what was truly going on. It don’t matter to me which type of personality your prefer, I just find it amazing that you can’t possibly fathom that a guy who has dedicated the last 6 years of his life to this organization is sad that he is about to coach his last game. Why is it so hard to believe that he actually loved coaching this team and is sad that it’s now over?

And I’m carving out your posts because your the only one being a DB. A little compassion and understanding in life would benefit you well.

That's what an internet fan forum is all about.  Lol

He's not Don Shula and retiring from a long and great career with lots of accomplishments.  He's just getting canned from his first NFL HC job.  Does he care more than all the other fired HCs?

If he has health issues and needs to retire from the NFL life, that's more understandable.  I'll reserve my sympathy for when I know circumstances are different than the umpteen other HCs who have been canned over the years.   Sorry, he's just another football coach to me at this point and he's acting a bit more dramatic relative to others.  He's certainly an emotional guy, for the good and the bad probably.

I'm not holding that against him showing emotion there was a point early in his coaching career here he didn't think he would be the coach of an NFL team this long because of his cancer battle. 

He probably is sad to see it end but is probably happier he's still alive.

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I don't understand the fascination with McDaniels.  He was horrible in Denver. 

Thank you this dude drafted Tim Tebow.

He set Denver years back until Manning fell into their laps. 

Now Denver reverted back to the team they were before Peyton.

23 minutes ago, DougDew said:

That's what an internet fan forum is all about.  Lol

He's not Don Shula and retiring from a long and great career with lots of accomplishments.  He's just getting canned from his first NFL HC job.  Does he care more than all the other fired HCs?

If he has health issues and needs to retire from the NFL life, that's more understandable.  I'll reserve my sympathy for when I know circumstances are different than the umpteen other HCs who have been canned over the years.   Sorry, he's just another football coach to me at this point and he's acting a bit more dramatic relative to others.  He's certainly an emotional guy, for the good and the bad probably.

Compassion is not one of your strong points.

24 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Old lame joke at this point.

Never as old and lame as his cliches were. Your boy won't be here much longer so to honor him on his way out the door I offer this...

How much wood could Chuck's Colts chop if Coach Chuck's Colts could chop wood?

If Coach Chuck's Colts could chop wood like a good team should then how much wood would Coach Chuck's Colts chop if Coach Chuck's Colts could chop wood?

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Never as old and lame as his cliches were. Your boy won't be here much longer so to honor him on his way out the door I offer this...

How much wood could Chuck's Colts chop if Coach Chuck's Colts could chop wood?

If Coach Chuck's Colts could chop wood like a good team should then how much wood would Coach Chuck's Colts chop if Coach Chuck's Colts could chop wood?

I hope you didn't hurt yourself thinking up childish word plays.

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I hope you didn't hurt yourself thinking up childish word plays.

Oh CC1...always the cantankerous old man.  I understand...Chuck's final hours must be hard for you.  Cheer up...hopefully Luck comes back healthier, Ballard finds us a better head coach and things start looking up for the Shoe. At the very least...I don't have to hear any more of Chuck's tired cliches and you get spared our annoying mockery of them. 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Oh CC1...always the cantankerous old man.  I understand...Chuck's final hours must be hard for you.  Cheer up...hopefully Luck comes back healthier, Ballard finds us a better head coach and things start looking up for the Shoe. At the very least...I don't have to hear any more of Chuck's tired cliches and you get spared our annoying mockery of them. 

It's not hard for me. That's the difference between someone like that me. Those like you make it all personal when none of us have control of any of it.