Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Would you want Frank Gore re signed for at least one more year?

RockThatBlue

17 hours ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

No time for some new blood. We need to see what we have in Mack. He has had minimal touches this year. Get another back in the 3rd or 4th of the draft.  Gore needs to go to philly. 

Unfortunately Mack can't block to save himself especially pass protect.  That pretty much limits him to a two down back at best. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Unfortunately Mack can't block to save himself especially pass protect.  That pretty much limits him to a two down back at best. 

Yeah your right he will never learn better find his replacement. Not trying to target you here but a rookie who hasn’t had many touches can learn to be a better player.

I feel that is lost on most here.

“Awe man he’s not playing like a pro bowler his rookie year, time to find his replacement”

-colts fans

15 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Well, we are pretty awful lol. Defense is a bit improved but overall the team is definitely bad.

I really don't think they're that bad.  

The OLine is still embarrassing at times, and don't get me started on Pagano, but as a unit they aren't too bad.  

Andrew Luck doesn't lose all those halftime leads.   

Doesn't happen.

I don't want Barkley..

This team doesn't need a RB with that kind of pick..

Gore is in a tricky spot. What contender wants him? It's not really fair considering his play, but he's old.

There's a chance that if he's going to keep playing, he's going to have to do it here on the cheap and I dunno if Ballard want's him. 

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:01 PM, RockThatBlue said:

Would you bring him back?

Yes he is obviously pretty old by RB standards, but he still is playing fairly well at his age.

Absolutely...He proved against Buffalo, he can still play.

..we have holes but running back is not one of them

I plan on us being a playoff team next year and we need multiple backs including a reliable guy like Frank Gore..who can still get 1,000 yards

2 hours ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

Yeah your right he will never learn better find his replacement. Not trying to target you here but a rookie who hasn’t had many touches can learn to be a better player.

I feel that is lost on most here.

“Awe man he’s not playing like a pro bowler his rookie year, time to find his replacement”

-colts fans

I understand, but he's played four years in college and he's been with us a full year.  He's has plenty of touches in practice and I dare say he's received a lot of coaching.  There are a lot of running backs having success this year as first year players.  Maybe he just doesn't want to block?  Maybe you either have it in you or you don't.  Hopefully he will improve.  We shall see.  All I know is I'm glad we don't have to count on him blocking for Luck.  Gore on the other hand. 

The thing is RB's are so cheap nowadays, and history has shown RB's can have a huge impact early in their careers (remember that Arian Foster fellow? And he went undrafted!). Even Marlon Mack, in some respects, is outperforming Gore. Certainly Mack has a lot more upside.

I would just give the job to Mack and sign some RB's for cheap. If we don't have the o-line issue fixed, then I'm not seeing the point of having a HoF RB.

8 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I can really see San Fran take Barkley if they have the opportunity.  I have a hunch they know the importance of surrounding your QB with all the weapons he needs. 

IDK, Carlos Hyde’s pretty good, if anything I see them taking a RB in the 3rd or 4th for depth. I’d be surprised if they used a top pick on a RB.

1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

IDK, Carlos Hyde’s pretty good, if anything I see them taking a RB in the 3rd or 4th for depth. I’d be surprised if they used a top pick on a RB.

hyde's running style exposes him to injury too often....    Shanahan likes to run 2  backs and I think he is happy with Breida and Hyde.  If he were to upgrade, I think he would take Love out of Stanford (if he enters the draft).  Colts haven't been able to keep RBs healthy besides Gore.  Who is the solution when Gore is gone?  

On 12/23/2017 at 2:19 PM, oldunclemark said:

Absolutely...He proved against Buffalo, he can still play.

..we have holes but running back is not one of them

I plan on us being a playoff team next year and we need multiple backs including a reliable guy like Frank Gore..who can still get 1,000 yards

9 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Frank is still very good. He blocks well. And plays every week. And we don't need to be spending a pick in the first 4 rds on a running back with our needs.

Finally a couple of smart answers on this....  Why waste a pick on something that doesn't need fixed right now...  Too many other holes.   He is worth another season if he wants to come back.   If Luck is back next yr. we are once again a contender