Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patrick Robinson/Vontae Davis

Luck 4 president

Does it bug anyone else that Patrick Robinson is playing like a pro bowler week after week? I mean he is shutting down opposing receivers every week. This just shows how coaching/scheme can affect individual player performance because he couldn't cover to save his life here. Also, would an inevitable coaching change improve production from players like Vontae Davis? What I'm asking is is he as bad as his numbers say he is or will he go back to 2014-15 form with a different coach who knows how to properly use him. I would hate to see him thrive on another team next year like Patrick Robinson.

3 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

You realize he is now playing his natural position now at nickel corner and not an outside corner that Pagnuts tried to make him....  the yr before he got here he was an outstanding slot cb....  

The person who brought Robinson in was not Pagano,  it was Grigson.

But beyond that Robinson's biggest problem was that he was injured for most of his time with the Colts.    We cut him after one bad season.

4 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

You realize he is now playing his natural position now at nickel corner and not an outside corner that Pagnuts tried to make him....  the yr before he got here he was an outstanding slot cb....  

He was injured most all the time here so your comment has no merit. All you care to do is get your digs in no matter what the situation was.

7 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

Does it bug anyone else that Patrick Robinson is playing like a pro bowler week after week? I mean he is shutting down opposing receivers every week. This just shows how coaching/scheme can affect individual player performance because he couldn't cover to save his life here. Also, would an inevitable coaching change improve production from players like Vontae Davis? What I'm asking is is he as bad as his numbers say he is or will he go back to 2014-15 form with a different coach who knows how to properly use him. I would hate to see him thrive on another team next year like Patrick Robinson.

If you recall, when Vontae was with the Dolphins, he was struggling a bit. So much so they traded him to us. He has a few good years but now injuries and age have affected him some. So yes, a coaching change can improve a player. It can also go the other way as well

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

He was injured most all the time here so your comment has no merit. All you care to do is get your digs in no matter what the situation was.

He has always been a terrible CB 2 posting some of the worst games in NFL history with the Saints his commit has a lot of merit . I got ripped for hating signing Robinson as a CB 2 because he is a nickel back looking back how it turned out nobody should be surprised . 

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The person who brought Robinson in was not Pagano,  it was Grigson.

But beyond that Robinson's biggest problem was that he was injured for most of his time with the Colts.    We cut him after one bad season.

Do you a link for that?

13 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Imagine that crazy here to argue.....  hmmm...

My comment is completely accurate...   do some research on his previous seasons before the Colts.... where he struggled and where he excelled.  Now look what position he is playing again....

15 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Imagine that crazy here to argue.....  hmmm...

My comment is completely accurate...   do some research on his previous seasons before the Colts.... where he struggled and where he excelled.  Now look what position he is playing again....

No argument to it. He played bad here. Was cut after that. What he did for another team makes no difference. Pointing a finger at Pagano is wrong and you know it. Just another example of piling on when you are looking for anything.

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

Do you a link for that?

Sure......

First....    here is his write-up on his year in Indy from his personal Wiki page....       Robinson suffered a concussion, a knee and hip injury,  and a groin injury.      He played in just 7 games for the Colts and started 6...

Indianapolis Colts[edit]

On March 23, 2016, the Indianapolis Colts signed Robinson to a three-year, $13.50 million contract with $6 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $1.50 million.[7][20]

2016[edit]

During training camp, Robinson competed with Antonio Cromartie, Darius Butler, and Jalil Brown for the starting cornerback job. He was named the starting cornerback, alongside Vontae Davis, to begin the season.[21]

He started the Indianapolis Colts season opener against the Detroit Lions and made five combined tackles and a pass deflection in a 39-35 loss. Robinson left the game with a concussion and missed the next two games.[22] On October 5, 2016, Robinson made a season-high six combined tackles in a 29-23 win over the Chicago Bears. He missed the following game against the Houston Texans with a knee and hip injury. On December 13, 2016, the Indianapolis Colts placed him on injured-reserve for the rest of the year after a suffering a groin injury.[23] He finished the season with 26 combined tackles (19 solo) and five pass deflections in seven games and six starts.[12]

On March 10, 2017, Robinson was released by the Colts.[24]

By the way,  the person who ultimately decided to cut Robinson was Ballard.   It happened in March and Ballard was hired in late January.    But I'm sure it was heavily influenced by Pagano and his staff...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Robinson_(cornerback)

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sure......

First....    here is his write-up on his year in Indy from his personal Wiki page....       Robinson suffered a concussion, a knee and hip injury,  and a groin injury.      He played in just 7 games for the Colts and started 6...

Indianapolis Colts[edit]

On March 23, 2016, the Indianapolis Colts signed Robinson to a three-year, $13.50 million contract with $6 million guaranteed and a signing bonus of $1.50 million.[7][20]

2016[edit]

During training camp, Robinson competed with Antonio Cromartie, Darius Butler, and Jalil Brown for the starting cornerback job. He was named the starting cornerback, alongside Vontae Davis, to begin the season.[21]

He started the Indianapolis Colts season opener against the Detroit Lions and made five combined tackles and a pass deflection in a 39-35 loss. Robinson left the game with a concussion and missed the next two games.[22] On October 5, 2016, Robinson made a season-high six combined tackles in a 29-23 win over the Chicago Bears. He missed the following game against the Houston Texans with a knee and hip injury. On December 13, 2016, the Indianapolis Colts placed him on injured-reserve for the rest of the year after a suffering a groin injury.[23] He finished the season with 26 combined tackles (19 solo) and five pass deflections in seven games and six starts.[12]

On March 10, 2017, Robinson was released by the Colts.[24]

By the way,  the person who ultimately decided to cut Robinson was Ballard.   It happened in March and Ballard was hired in late January.    But I'm sure it was heavily influenced by Pagano and his staff...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Robinson_(cornerback)

No where did you link that it was Grigson that wanted Robinson and not Pags .  

Before re he got here he played in the slot and very good.   When he got here he was put at QB 2.  Horrible decision because he has never been good there.... he is now back in the slot and excelling.......  not rocket science 

And BTW wiki?    seriously that is a source?

8 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Before re he got here he played in the slot and very good.   When he got here he was put at QB 2.  Horrible decision because he has never been good there.... he is now back in the slot and excelling.......  not rocket science 

Where is your link that says Pagano wanted Robinson?? Kinda works both ways.

If the rumors were true maybe it was Grigson who tampered with the players he wanted to play over Pagano? Just a thought.

14 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

There is no problem  that I'm aware of with Wiki..   Robinson played 7 games that season.    He was hurt repeatedly.

Second...    the GM signs the players, not the head coach.    Why is this even a question?    Grigson brought Robinson in to be CB2...

And why are you treating Pagano as guilty until he's proven innocent.     In the five years he's been the HC,  the Colts have had more defensive backs produce the best years of their career than any other position.   

The man can coach DBs..     the fact Robinson is having a good season isn't proof that Pagano can't coach DBs..    he's got too many that have done great under his guidance...    

22 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

There is no problem  that I'm aware of with Wiki..   Robinson played 7 games that season.    He was hurt repeatedly.

Second...    the GM signs the players, not the head coach.    Why is this even a question?    Grigson brought Robinson in to be CB2...

And why are you treating Pagano as guilty until he's proven innocent.     In the five years he's been the HC,  the Colts have had more defensive backs produce the best years of their career than any other position.   

The man can coach DBs..     the fact Robinson is having a good season isn't proof that Pagano can't coach DBs..    he's got too many that have done great under his guidance...    

Why do you blame Grigson saying that GMs sing players but don't giver credit to the DB coach for developing the DB's

goes both ways.  

Who started Robinson as the QB2?   Unless you really buy into the fact that Grigson set the starting lineup which is foolish beyond belief 

22 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If the rumors were true maybe it was Grigson who tampered with the players he wanted to play over Pagano? Just a thought.

I never quoted that that he was a pag gone now signing and again don't trust rumors.....  Pagano hasn't been any better without Grigson.    Same % different day 

23 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Chuck-Pagano-Sells-New-Cornerback-Patrick-Robinson-On-Colts/8eb359cf-b610-42d2-bd33-ed72ae5fe4e0

"A No. 2 cornerback was needed, and Robinson was Pagano’s guy."

"Something about south Florida and Chuck Pagano’s ability to recruit.

This week at the NFL’s League Annual Meetings, Pagano was an hour north of his old college coaching grounds (the University of Miami).

Lunch on Tuesday though called for Pagano to put on his recruiting hat."

Maybe you should do some more research before blindly defending Pagano.

1 hour ago, colt18 said:

http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Chuck-Pagano-Sells-New-Cornerback-Patrick-Robinson-On-Colts/8eb359cf-b610-42d2-bd33-ed72ae5fe4e0

This week at the NFL’s League Annual Meetings, Pagano was an hour north of his old college coaching grounds (the University of Miami).

Maybe you should read what I said or what I ask?  No one was defending anyone. I ask a question. Quit putting your own twist on things.

2 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

Why do you blame Grigson saying that GMs sing players but don't giver credit to the DB coach for developing the DB's

goes both ways.  

Who started Robinson as the QB2?   Unless you really buy into the fact that Grigson set the starting lineup which is foolish beyond belief 

Yes....    it does go both ways....     but your dislike of Pagano is so strong,  that you blame him for signing Robinson, and for Robinson's poor play with the Colts and for Robinson leaving.    

Look....    I'm not the only guy who gives credit to Pagano fort he success of our DB's during his 6 seasons.   The players do and local media does as well.      I think most posters here do as well.    Too many players had the best years of their career while with Indy.....     I don't think that's a coincidence...

I'm not sure about the whole Grigson setting the line-up issue....    but the bottom line is we signed him to be our CB2 and not the slot-nickle corner, which is what Philly signed him to.     3-years and I believe 13.5 Mill.     Starting money.

Pagano and the DC and the DB coach started him at CB2 because he was the best option we had,  right up until the time he wasn't.      Due to injuries.     Remember,  if you're still questioning wiki,   Robinson only played 7 games with the Colts.     Means he missed 9.

And I'm sure you noticed all the threads the last 4-6 weeks about Wilson being a healthy scratch.     Well,   I don't believe we had one of them. last year for Robinson.     What we got were noticing that he was missing games due to injuries and the irony that he was brought in to replace Greg Toler, who was pretty decent except that he was injured far too often.     So, we replaced one guy who got injured too much with another guy who got injured too much.

Look....    I'm on the side of this being Grigson's last year.    I think his time has come.     I just don't see the need to bury the guy and make sure he gets credit for nothing and the blame for everything.      We did it to Grigson and it wasn't right.      We did it to Pep Hamilton and it wasn't right.      And we did it to Greg Manusky and it wasn't right.

Too many posters want to reduce the people they don't like to....    everything they do is all bad.    I've never liked that approach.     That's why I can say good things about Grigson,  and Hamilton and Manusky and even Chuck Pagano.

Your mileage may vary......

2 hours ago, colt18 said:

I don't have a problem with Pagano recruiting Robinson.      He was good for SD before he came to the Colts and he's playing well now for Philly after he left.      It didn't work out in his one year here in Indy.    Robinson was hurt and missed 9 of the 16 games.     Sucks for us.      Some signings don't work out.     Even for people like Bill Belichick.

Just the nature of football.

On 11/6/2017 at 8:55 PM, Coltfreak said:

Better than the media at this point

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm not sure about the whole Grigson setting the line-up issue....    but the bottom line is we signed him to be our CB2 and not the slot-nickle corner, which is what Philly signed him to.     3-years and I believe 13.5 Mill.     Starting money.

Pagano and the DC and the DB coach started him at CB2 because he was the best option we had, right up until the time he wasn't. 

And I'm sure you noticed all the threads the last 4-6 weeks about Wilson being a healthy scratch.     Well,   I don't believe we had one of them. last year for Robinson.     What we got were noticing that he was missing games due to injuries and the irony that he was brought in to replace Greg Toler, who was pretty decent except that he was injured far too often.     So, we replaced one guy who got injured too much with another guy who got injured too much.

Look....    I'm on the side of this being Grigson's last year.    I think his time has come.     I just don't see the need to bury the guy and make sure he gets credit for nothing and the blame for everything.      We did it to Grigson and it wasn't right.      We did it to Pep Hamilton and it wasn't right.      And we did it to Greg Manusky and it wasn't right.

Too many posters want to reduce the people they don't like to....    everything they do is all bad.    I've never liked that approach.     That's why I can say good things about Grigson,  and Hamilton and Manusky and even Chuck Pagano.

Grigson screwed up when he gave Robinson that much money. He had been very meh in NO then had 1 good season in the slot for the Chargers. Pagano also screwed up by not playing Robinson in the slot, just because he's paid more doesn't mean he automatically has to play the outside.

And just a side note: Toler was very far from decent, he might have been the worst CB I've seen.

6 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes....    it does go both ways....     but your dislike of Pagano is so strong,  that you blame him for signing Robinson, and for Robinson's poor play with the Colts and for Robinson leaving.    

Look....    I'm not the only guy who gives credit to Pagano fort he success of our DB's during his 6 seasons.   The players do and local media does as well.      I think most posters here do as well.    Too many players had the best years of their career while with Indy.....     I don't think that's a coincidence...

Pagano and the DC and the DB coach started him at CB2 because he was the best option we had,  right up until the time he wasn't.      Due to injuries.     Remember,  if you're still questioning wiki,   Robinson only played 7 games with the Colts.     Means he missed 9.

It's pretty simple if you think about it. The Colts go through the same thing every teams in the NFL does but for some reason the majority of fans in this forum HAVE to have someone to blame and are not happy till someone is fired. They want instant gratification and when they don't get it they whine, moan, yell, cry and make themselves so miserable they are not happy till they want everyone the same.

They take rumors as facts. They add their own opinions as facts. When someone don't share their opinion they call them stupid in so many ways it's not funny. I have been guilty of that myself because I get caught up in the passion of being a fan.

This is the NFL. It is as simple as that. It's not going to change because most don't like not winning and can't take the time to realize the way things are and always have been.

11 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe you should read what I said or what I ask?  No one was defending anyone. I ask a question. Quit putting your own twist on things.

Don't backtrack now.

You were completely wrong, Patrick Robinson was Pagano's guy. 

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't have a problem with Pagano recruiting Robinson.      He was good for SD before he came to the Colts and he's playing well now for Philly after he left.      It didn't work out in his one year here in Indy.    Robinson was hurt and missed 9 of the 16 games.     Sucks for us.      Some signings don't work out.     Even for people like Bill Belichick.

Just the nature of football.

It sure if you are arguing or just discussing this. 

He played well for San Diego as a SLOT CB before that as a CB2 he was bad!   When he was here he was bad as a CB 2!  Never mind he missed games because he was injured.  When he did play he was BAD!  Now he is with Philly and playing in the slot and having a great yr!

PAG GONE NOW may be able to coach DB's, I don't think he's that great but his decision making on EVERYTHING is bad including trying to make Robinson a CB2

24 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

It sure if you are arguing or just discussing this. 

He played well for San Diego as a SLOT CB before that as a CB2 he was bad!   When he was here he was bad as a CB 2!  Never mind he missed games because he was injured.  When he did play he was BAD!  Now he is with Philly and playing in the slot and having a great yr!

PAG GONE NOW may be able to coach DB's, I don't think he's that great but his decision making on EVERYTHING is bad including trying to make Robinson a CB2

I k ow he played the slot in SD and Philly. I get it.

But Robinson was brought in to be CB2 for the Colts by the former GM.    it didn't work out,      

Sucks for us.       Fair enough?

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I k ow he played the slot in SD and Philly. I get it.

But Robinson was brought in to be CB2 for the Colts by the former GM.    it didn't work out,      

Sucks for us.       Fair enough?

Actually reading the link it was Pagano that brought him in 

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Nobody is back tracking. I ask for a link. Sorry your comprehension is poor.

You are backtracking. You're telling me my comprehension is poor, yet you asked for a link and you received one. 

So, you were wrong about Pagano having nothing to do with bringing Robinson to Indy. And you are also a faithful Pagano defender (again, I have no idea why), who pretty much attacks anything different from your opinion and ignores anything/anyone who proves you wrong. 

It's not even that deep. I will say that if you aren't going to admit that you were wrong and instead continue trolling, you might as well not even reply to this post.