Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano Press Conference 9/20/17

TKnight24

When asked if they knew more about Luck than they were divulging, he reiterated that when the doctors clear him, he'll be ready to practice. 

This was and has ALWAYS been what the Colts have said, regarding Lucks return. 

Maybe if they answered in Chinese?

4 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

When asked if they knew more about Luck than they were divulging, he reiterated that when the doctors clear him, he'll be ready to practice. 

Pagano saying "you guys know just as much as I do" is the biggest joke ever. Who actually believes him when he says that?

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

Irsay didn't always say that, when he had season tickets for sale over the winter he claimed Luck would be ready for the season.

6 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Defense is gonna be good last half of the season as the rookies grow.

Yeah, have to agree at this point.  We'll see more talented WR's as the season progresses, but hopefully the kids will grow with the increased playing time.

CB really hit a home run with the D secondary, in the draft in my opinion.

When it comes to injuries,  I always,  ALWAYS assume I'm being lied to.     And I never take offense to it.

I mean,  the Pagano comment about you guys know as much as I do makes my eyes roll....      but big deal....

I assume teams believe it gives them some level of advantage.     ALL 32 teams do this.     It's not a Colts thing.    We have a NEW GM and he's doing the same thing as the OLD GM.       Why?       It's just what NFL teams do.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I mean,  the Pagano comment about you guys know as much as I do makes my eyes roll....      but big deal....

I assume teams believe it gives them some level of advantage.     ALL 32 teams do this.

They play on Sunday, and Luck's been ruled out already. What possible competitive advantage could there be?

55 minutes ago, Mister P said:

Colts win Sunday!!!  Take it to the bank.  Otherwise, Mister P will disappear from this forum.

Go Blue!!

Dont let the fall from the wagon hurt ya

20 minutes ago, TKnight24 said:

wait, what? Andrew sounds like he doesnt know why he's not practicing?!  thats an interesting comment to tweet.  Is this for sure his confirm twitter account, like is this truly andrew luck typing this?

Just now, csmopar said:

wait, what? Andrew sounds like he doesnt know why he's not practicing?!  thats an interesting comment to tweet.  Is this for sure his confirm twitter account, like is this truly andrew luck typing this?

Yes :76evil:

24 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

They play on Sunday, and Luck's been ruled out already. What possible competitive advantage could there be?

Sorry,  SS....

I worded my post a little poorly....    I wasn't trying to connect the dots on Pagano's comment and competitive advantage.      Just to his comment being untrue,  because it's what NFL teams do.

So, for example, the other day Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer said this at his presser regarding Sam Bradford's bad knee's.....     "Sam's had two knee surgeries in his career.    Ths is not as serious.     But I'm not going to talk about injuries.     I'm not going to talk about Sam's injuries."       Not word for word,  but pretty close.

Zimmer is being a little more straight forward....   but he's saying the same thing,  he's not talking about it --- period.

Sorry for the confusion.

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No.      This is NOT Andrew Luck's confirmed Twitter account.     He doesn't have one.

This is a made-up, fictious account done completely for entertainment,   not for good inside info.

Often,  they are quite funny.....      one of my favorite on-line meme's....

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I'm pretty sure if you are following the Colts after last season and the start of this one, you not on a band wagon.....maybe an ambulance.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Can you access Twitter from a flip phone? :)

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

That's not actually Andrew but I love that guys tweets, they are funny.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry,  SS....

I worded my post a little poorly....    I wasn't trying to connect the dots on Pagano's comment and competitive advantage.      Just to his comment being untrue,  because it's what NFL teams do.

So, for example, the other day Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer said this at his presser regarding Sam Bradford's bad knee's.....     "Sam's had two knee surgeries in his career.    Ths is not as serious.     But I'm not going to talk about injuries.     I'm not going to talk about Sam's injuries."       Not word for word,  but pretty close.

Zimmer is being a little more straight forward....   but he's saying the same thing,  he's not talking about it --- period.

Sorry for the confusion.

I hear ya. But we're talking about a franchise QB that's missed the entire offseason, OTAs, training camp, hasn't practiced with the team at all, nor has he been seen throwing. On top of all that he's been a scratch from the first 3 regular season games, and counting. It's beyond time for there to be some type of transparency as to what's going on, whether they make Luck available to the media, or Ballard addresses it, or even Irsay. Basically anything other than Pagano acting like it's outrageous to ask what's up with the face of the franchise.

I'm trying to be level-headed about it, but it's getting frustrating, and I'm certain I'm not the only one that feels that way. Jim Irsay said he'd be ready for the start of the season, and here we are 3 weeks in and they tell us a single thing about his recovery.

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I might just not be detecting sarcasm well, but it's a parody account. Pretty popular on twitter and reddit.

Edit: Didn't see the few other responses to your post before I posted. Whoops.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

When it comes to injuries,  I always,  ALWAYS assume I'm being lied to.     And I never take offense to it.

I assume teams believe it gives them some level of advantage.     ALL 32 teams do this.     It's not a Colts thing.    We have a NEW GM and he's doing the same thing as the OLD GM.       Why?       It's just what NFL teams do.

When Pagano utters that ridiculous statement, every media rep should turn their backs on him and walk away.

2 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

And this isn't because we can't stop the pass so no one even trys to run.  This team has so far really stood up well against the run game.

Also, not sure why folks are still surprised that we don't get the full doctor's report each day on Andrew or anyone else.  Just is not going to happen.  We will at best get vague answers and probably some out right lies.  Just the way it is in most any sport, but especially football.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Look at the picture.

The twitter account is a parody of Andrew Luck as a civil war soldier.

In the past when Luck had his beard they took his head and put it on an old picture of a civil war officer and it looked pretty awesome.  

luckcivilwar__1_.0.0.jpg

Or my personal favorite when he was playing against Ryan Fitzpatrick once.

BzjIGnWIcAAe9gf.jpg

The twitter account has tweets like this 

https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck/status/904083289966645248

https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck/status/814896596064157696

https://twitter.com/CaptAndrewLuck/status/806493773383380992