Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston's Ktrk Reporting (Peyton Manning Interested In The Texans)?

LaughingAtIrsay

Bob Allen - Here's what I heard and this could be very interesting with a lot of moving parts. Someone I know who is close friends with the Manning family says Peyton is definitely interested in possibly coming to the Texans. Peyton will be released by the Colts early next month and will be a free agent. The person who knows the Mannings says Peyton wants to play on a team that has a chance of going to a Super Bowl, and the Texans fit that description. Another big plus is that the Texans are in the Colts division. Manning not only knows the division, but I'm told the relationship between him and Colts owner Robert Irsay now is strictly business. And don't underplay the competitiveness between Peyton and Eli -- it "does" matter that Eli has two Super Bowl rings to his one. This is one that won't be played out publicly; we won't be hearing anything from Manning or the Texans unless something does happen.

A big factor is Peyton's arm strength and right now he's still not back to what he was, but it's early. And then there's Matt Schaub to factor in as well.

All that aside, be it a long shot or reality, I know for a fact that he does have a definite interest in the Texans.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports/pro/football&id=8542447&rss=rss-ktrk-article-8542447

Almost every team in the NFL would be interested in having Peyton Manning as their QB, but you have to look at how realistic it is. For example, I'm sure Atlanta would love to have him, but they are set with Matt Ryan. I'm sure Houston is interested and wouldn't be upset to see Peyton Manning helping them for once instead of hurting them so many times, but they are set with Schaub

Almost every team in the NFL would be interested in having Peyton Manning as their QB, but you have to look at how realistic it is. For example, I'm sure Atlanta would love to have him, but they are set with Matt Ryan. I'm sure Houston is interested and wouldn't be upset to see Peyton Manning helping them for once instead of hurting them so many times, but they are set with Schaub

I agree.. I just posted it kause I saw it on the Local News here.

Bob Allen - Here's what I heard and this could be very interesting with a lot of moving parts. Someone I know who is close friends with the Manning family says Peyton is definitely interested in possibly coming to the Texans. Peyton will be released by the Colts early next month and will be a free agent. The person who knows the Mannings says Peyton wants to play on a team that has a chance of going to a Super Bowl, and the Texans fit that description. Another big plus is that the Texans are in the Colts division. Manning not only knows the division, but I'm told the relationship between him and Colts owner Robert Irsay now is strictly business. And don't underplay the competitiveness between Peyton and Eli -- it "does" matter that Eli has two Super Bowl rings to his one. This is one that won't be played out publicly; we won't be hearing anything from Manning or the Texans unless something does happen.

A big factor is Peyton's arm strength and right now he's still not back to what he was, but it's early. And then there's Matt Schaub to factor in as well.

All that aside, be it a long shot or reality, I know for a fact that he does have a definite interest in the Texans.

http://abclocal.go.c...article-8542447

Wow Robert Irsay still owns the colts. hmmm.

Is Schaub a free agent or what?

I know Peyton is a lot better than Schaub, but they do have a good QB. Would they just dump their guy in favor of a questionably healthy Manning?

It's only one million in dead money to cut Schaub, and I would not say the texans are set with him, what has he done other than never lead a talented team to the playoffs? They have their qb to groom, I think Houston us very realistic.

It's only one million in dead money to cut Schaub, and I would not say the texans are set with him, what has he done other than never lead a talented team to the playoffs? They have their qb to groom, I think Houston us very realistic.

I'm not sold on Yates for them. He won what, 2 games, with the number one rushing attack and the number two league defense? But what you say about Schaub I can agree to now that I think about it. He's been there a while and hasn't even won a playoff game with a pretty solid team. Peyton would tear s*** up down in Houston. It would suck for us having to play him twice a year though.

I'm not sold on Yates for them. He won what, 2 games, with the number one rushing attack and the number two league defense? But what you say about Schaub I can agree to now that I think about it. He's been there a while and hasn't even won a playoff game with a pretty solid team. Peyton would tear s*** up down in Houston. It would suck for us having to play him twice a year though.

Agree about Yates. They have a great offensive line, great run game, great defense, it makes sense. Plus Peyton will beat Indy until he retires, a revenge factor, and think Schaub is not young, they could trade him and get value.

Nor should you be sold on Yates...but I think he's well capable of becoming a solid starting QB.

Schuab knows this offense. He's shown it in years past. You really can't blame him for the team not making the playoffs in the past. We all know he woulda led the team to the postseason last year if he hadn't gotten injured.

I think the front office of our team has more sense than to hire a QB who's health is in question for what would only be a heck of a lot of money (when we're already cutting it close cap wise) rather than stick with Schaub.

Just like you know Peyton Manning and Robert Irsay's relationship is strictly business. Give me a break.

This is reporter who 2 weeks ago said he is leaving his job after 38 years and wants ..."to try things. I enjoy public speaking. I want to write a book..."

http://blog.chron.co...3-at-years-end/

I guess he is taking the Kravtiz school of media publicity and just says things to get your name out there. This is the same reporter who years ago said the Astros pitcher was faking an illness right before he had a stroke.

Does Schaub have question marks with recovering from this current injury?

Then again Schaub always seems to have durability issues.

Hey, this stuff keeps getting more entertaining. This is almost a Favre scenario though with going to the Vikings.

I do think though that one thing might be true. Maybe Peyton DOES want to go to a SB ready team. If thats the case it will be difficult. The only one I think of is the Niners and Harbaugh wants to stick with Smith.

did you hear this straight from peyton manning? or jim irsay? or even the GM or HC? if not i dont buy it until i hear it from someone whos important....sorry

Except for the Colts. At least that's what I'm told 10 times a day by ESPN and the NFL Network.

Except for the Colts. At least that's what I'm told 10 times a day by ESPN and the NFL Network.

Yeah, apparently there's just simply no way Manning comes back to Indy. Irsay and Manning can't stand each other and have never been happy with one another. Manning wants to leave and Irsay wants him to go...

Yeah, apparently there's just simply no way Manning comes back to Indy. Irsay and Manning can't stand each other and have never been happy with one another. Manning wants to leave and Irsay wants him to go...

... and take those prima donna's Wayne, Saturday, and Mathis with him.

Hey, what ever happened to "... and Irsay will make a decision as early as the week after the Super Bowl"? The phrase 'as early as' meant, "I'm taking a guess that can't be proven wrong".

... and take those prima donna's Wayne, Saturday, and Mathis with him.

Hey, what ever happened to "... and Irsay will make a decision as early as the week after the Super Bowl"? The phrase 'as early as' meant, "I'm taking a guess that can't be proven wrong".

Actually, Irsay apparently made a decision a long time ago. He was just going to announce it after the Super Bowl....by which they now mean the combine

Ditto. It is hard to believe such reports as factual.

What are you talking about?? Manning just came over and I ran all over his butt with Bo Jackson on Tecmo Super Bowl. He 100% stated he would love to play for the Texans and he grew up idolizing Schuab even though he (Schuab) is younger.

bojackson420displayimag.jpg

It makes sense... They wouldn't have to worry about facing him twice a year and it's no mystery the Texans are the best team heading into the AFC South this upcoming season.

Schaub has had some injury issues...Wayne and Johnson are good friends and could be a tandem in Houston. I still don't think they'll take Manning over Schaub because Schaub is a good QB who is familiar with the offense and Manning would have to come in and learn the offense. I also think Mannings ties to Indy are too strong for him to do this.

I still think he is going to end up in Miami with Wayne.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports/pro/football&id=8542447&rss=rss-ktrk-article-8542447

This article speaks for itself when it says, " this is one that won't be played out publicly; we won't be hearing anything from Manning or the Texans unless something does happen."

Sounds like someone who wants to report something but doesn't want to sign their name to it. Or in other words, if I'm wrong, "my source was wrong," but if I'm right, " I told you so."

He would murder the Defense we had out there this year.

Just like you know Peyton Manning and Robert Irsay's relationship is strictly business. Give me a break.

Again I didn't write this story I saw it on my local news and went to the site and copied and paste the story. Bob Allen reporting it not me.

did you hear this straight from peyton manning? or jim irsay? or even the GM or HC? if not i dont buy it until i hear it from someone whos important....sorry

Again I didn't write this story I saw it on my local news and went to the site and copied and paste the story. Bob Allen reporting it not me.

Oh Lord... another month of this... ???