Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Martavis Bryant accuses Colts' Matthias Farley of intentional late hit

Everyone

As I watched it live, I was surprised a flag was not thrown.  I would not be surprised at all to see him fined for later this week.  I don't see the intent to injure as I think from Fairley's POV, he was not 100% sure that Bryant was down.  Awkward looking play for sure.

I also think the board would have been up in arms had that same hit happened to TY.  

38 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

As I watched it live, I was surprised a flag was not thrown.  I would not be surprised at all to see him fined for later this week.  I don't see the intent to injure as I think from Fairley's POV, he was not 100% sure that Bryant was down.  Awkward looking play for sure.

I also think the board would have been up in arms had that same hit happened to TY.  

Same here. It doesn't look intentional to me but it was definitely late and the type of hit that could draw a fine this week. Bryant's lucky he got his left leg whipped around and in front of him, because if it was bent back at the moment of contact, it could have been bad. I think it was just a result of the first tackler wrapping up his right leg and bringing him down kind of awkwardly. 

I'm not one to generally engage in these types of debates, because it's always one of those where everyone starts off with "He clearly..."

But just because I've got nothing better to do - there's what actually happened and what the intent was.  His knees were down long enough for Fairley to at least let up.  That said, the intent can go both ways.  We can't know what Fairley saw, but it looks like Vontae's body might have obstructed Fairley's view of Bryant's knees.  

In the end, he could've been called for it, the NFL could choose to fine him for it, but so far, none of those things have happened.  I still doubt, without any knowledge of Fairleys' track record, that he was trying to intentionally injure the guy.

The Steelers and Colts are heading in opposite directions. The Steelers 

were a once proud smash mouth franchise and have went with a softer

passing mentality instead of controlling the lines and playing tough. 

I like the tougher direction we are heading under Ballard.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 8:57 PM, CR91 said:

the reason I say it was late is because he was already going down from what I can see

You just said it yourself. 'He was already going down'. So he wasn't down yet?  These players are taught to play through till the whistle and it looks like he had started going for the ball before the whistle blew. I don't think Farley could have stopped or let up because he played on reaction.

Either way the problem I have is Bryant accusing Farley of trying to hurt him intentionally. Nonsense.