Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Martavis Bryant accuses Colts' Matthias Farley of intentional late hit

Everyone

3 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

All the anti steeler sentiment aside, that is definitely a late hit by today's standards

I also think it was late, but was it intentional? Was it meant to hurt or cause injury to Bryant, or was it the type of hit (late hit) you would see during the course of a regular game?

5 minutes ago, CR91 said:

it was late and I thought we were gonna get flagged for it, but it doesnt seem intentional. Its football. stuff happens

Guess I'm one of few who don't think it was late. Players are taught to play to the whistle, which is what he was doing imo.  There definitely wasn't any ill intent though.

Just now, Everyone said:

Guess I'm one of few who don't think it was late. Players are taught to play to the whistle, which is what he was doing imo.  There definitely wasn't any ill intent though.

the reason I say it was late is because he was already going down from what I can see

28 minutes ago, compuls1v3 said:

Remember that time Marvin Harrison went down against Denver...and the whistle hadn't blown? I do. I'm glad Farley played through the whistle.

not the same. no one touched marv. There was a defender clearly taking him down 

6 minutes ago, CR91 said:

not the same. no one touched marv. There was a defender clearly taking him down 

Bryant could have slipped out and made a gain, obviously his knee went down but I doubt either tacklers knew that. Play to the whistle.... end of story. 

Just now, life long said:

Bryant could have slipped out and made a gain, obviously his knee went down but I doubt either defenders knew that. Play to the whistle.... end of story. 

not saying Farley did it intentionally. Just that it was late

4 minutes ago, CR91 said:

not saying Farley did it intentionally. Just that it was late

I am all for penalizing late hits or unnecessary roughness fouls, specifically if the infraction happens away from the play. IMO it can't be a late hit if the whistle was not blown. Now maybe unnecessary roughness, but I would not had liked that called after watching the replay several times.

Honestly, didn't look like it had bad intentions at all. About time someone complains about the Colts defense doing something aggressive.

Its a good sign in my opinion. About time the Defense starts playing hard, hitting, and being the aggressor.

With those dreads flying around, I had flashbacks to Bob.  The way Farley has been playing, I'm also not so anxious about Geathers injury status right now. 

The hit itself was bang bang play imo.  Could have been called.  I see what Bryant was upset about though.  The way his leg was pinned, if it didn't pull free when Farley hit him, he could gave torn it up. 

It looked worse than it really was because of how he got tackled.  Vontae tried to tackle him low and managed to hang onto his foot so a teammate could come in and finish the tackle, which is exactly what Farley did.

Just good team defense. 

Bryant should just thank his lucky stars it wasn't worse for him.  He barely got his foot out from underneath him just before Farley leveled him.  When I saw it live, my immediate reaction was that he just got his knee or ankle ruined.  It really looked a lot worse than it actually was.

I think we surprised them with our physical play.  We were more physical than them.  I've never said that before vs the Steelers.

the hit was borderline at the whistle.  I think he was actually going for the ball. The hit wasnt as bad as the weird angle the receiver was caught at.  Farley could have leveled him had he wanted to.  He was going for the ball.

6 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I think we surprised them with our physical play.  We were more physical than them.  I've never said that before vs the Steelers.

the hit was borderline at the whistle.  I think he was actually going for the ball. The hit wasnt as bad as the weird angle the receiver was caught at.  Farley could have leveled him had he wanted to.  He was going for the ball.

Yeah we shocked them. I thought Bob Sanders was out there on the ol Saturdays nights!