Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts host DE Margus Hunt and C Brian Schwenke (Merge)

9 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

I actually like Blythe. I think he played very well last year, and he is still a very young draft pick.

Blythe is good enough as a backup center. He can't play guard at all, though, and if you're going to carry 9 OL (which is preferable, IMO), your backup center needs to be able to play guard. 

I'd like to add plenty of depth and competition along the line. If Blythe is one of the last men standing, good for him.

1 hour ago, backshoulderfade said:

Yeh, he sure was a freak. I remember him being around 280 at the combine, which is why I thought he would be a tweener.

Now this person knows what they're talking about. This is why I said I questioned his weight at 298. 

2 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Hunt isn't very good. Merely low depth for DE but why not? Someone has to fill out the roster. 

All teams have players get hurt.  Those with quality depth continue to win.  I like depth, but quality depth, not filling out the roster depth.  I hope he is better than you make him appear.

27 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

Now this person knows what they're talking about. This is why I said I questioned his weight at 298. 

Why would you question whether a guy who was 280 four years ago and is now 298?

Why would that not make sense to you that Hunt is bigger now?    For a big lineman,  18 pounds is almost nothing.

This happens on every team in the NFL.     A college kid becomes a pro and gets with an NFL weight program ad puts on weight.       What's the problem with this?

Schwenke has been both a starter and a back-up.    He was drafted high in the 4th round to be the Titans center of the future.     Same year as we took Holmes later in the same round.

And Schwenke, like Holmes, has had a problem with injuries.     So, he has been hurt in every year.

I'm sure we're hoping that playing as a back-up will lesson the odds of him getting hurt.     But he was a quality guy when he was drafted and I think played at a pretty high level his early years when he was able to play.    He just wasn't able to play enough.

Hopefully that's different with the Colts.     And, as Superman noted,  he's bigger than Blythe...   roughly 20-25 pounds...     he's not only bigger than Blythe,  but also bigger than Harrison.     

If we want him,   I hope we get him.     I'll trust Ballard and Philbin....

Ballard is providing competition and youth to the roster without spending all of our money.  Good strategy to help get players to focus on the field or not play.  We have had to many issues with players taking plays off or just not producing as they should and Ballard seems to be a guy who will get rid of you no matter your name.