Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, PhillyCOLTSfan said:

I would love to get Mixon in the 4th round dude really talented and he suppose to fall because of off field things 

He won`t be there in the 4th Rd. and IMO probably not the 3rd for the Colts. D. Cook has some serious red flags himself, which don`t seem to be hurting his draft status too much. I really like J. Mixon and would love to see the Colts take him in the 2nd RD. Two years from now Mixon could very well be the best back of this class. He is that good.

Yea I know he goin be gone by 4th but a guy can have dreams right lol

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

He won`t be there in the 4th Rd. and IMO probably not the 3rd for the Colts. D. Cook has some serious red flags himself, which don`t seem to be hurting his draft status too much. I really like J. Mixon and would love to see the Colts take him in the 2nd RD. Two years from now Mixon could very well be the best back of this class. He is that good.

12 minutes ago, PhillyCOLTSfan said:

Well it not like we are starting a church quior,  I could care less about what he does off the field tht his personal business as long as he produces on field and learned his lesson and stays out of trouble 

Big difference between church choir and just not wanting men that punch women in the face on your team.  Class and respect have to come in at some point, don't they?

20 minutes ago, Dilger85 said:

Big difference between church choir and just not wanting men that punch women in the face on your team.  Class and respect have to come in at some point, don't they?

I also said hopefully he learned his lessons if dude runs for 1300 yards his rookie season not one person will say anything about his off field things he did years ago 

Just now, PhillyCOLTSfan said:

I also said hopefully he learned his lessons if dude runs for 1300 yards his rookie season not one person will say anything about his off field things he did years ago 

This will be brought up every single year of his career. To me, if Ballard and Irsay are willing to sign off on him, I'll continue cheering my Colts on, including Mixon. But this part of his story isn't going away, ever.

4 hours ago, MPStack said:

D. Cook has some serious red flags himself, which don`t seem to be hurting his draft status too much.

Shows how much of an impact that video has. Without it it's just "he said, she said", usually the star player gets the pass and its swept under the rug. 

21 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

This will be brought up every single year of his career. To me, if Ballard and Irsay are willing to sign off on him, I'll continue cheering my Colts on, including Mixon. But this part of his story isn't going away, ever.

I think that depends on how Mixon does things once he's in the NFL. If he uses his platform to not only show that he learned from his mistake, but also helps others not make the same mistake, I think we'll hear less and less about the video.

50 minutes ago, PhillyCOLTSfan said:

No one ever says anything about the stuff players did in college once they've "made it" in the NFL... that is, until they get busted for something similar after they've already started their NFL career.  Just ask guys like Aaron Hernandez and Greg Hardy.

43 minutes ago, PhillyCOLTSfan said:

nonsense, this isn't a speeding ticket or getting caught with pot.  He assaulted another human being who happens to be a female.  That is a stipulation and social norm that existed since his birth.  I would ask you if he had punched your mom, sister, wife, daughter, would you still have the same outlook on "all is forgiven"?

47 minutes ago, CheezyColt said:

Wrong. After Tyreek Hills 1st 100 yard game we didn't hear about his past again. 

Everyone needs to get over it and move on, was three years ago. 

3 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Wrong. After Tyreek Hills 1st 100 yard game we didn't hear about his past again. 

Hell I didn't even know about hills incident till I heard what mixon did..I get its horrendous but it's when he was 18 he's matured by now and if not he'll end behind bars if he repeats anything

3 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

You and Philly are probably right but personally as a father of a little girl I will not "get over it" that easily.  That is a line in my personal code of conduct that I do not condone in almost any situation and I do not accept people that have done it.  I would have a real hard time forgiving anyone for doing something like that but again just my opinion.

This discussion - while interesting - is wasted.  The Colts will pass on him, even if he is available in the 2nd - 4th rounds.  Colts organization and most fans will happily/smugly pat themselves on the back.  Colts organization and ALL fans will then spend the next five years quietly fretting over what could have easily been.  Write it down.  LOL

2 minutes ago, will426 said:

Hell I didn't even know about hills incident till I heard what mixon did..I get its horrendous but it's when he was 18 he's matured by now and if not he'll end behind bars if he repeats anything

You are assuming he has matured.  The only thing that we know is that another incident has not occurred, right? 

Just now, Dilger85 said:

You are assuming he has matured.  The only thing that we know is that another incident has not occurred, right? 

Understand and also everyone makes mistakes his just happened to be "recorded" but also he needs to also be judged on his field play and for the team who hires him they need to support that he'll be learning more and helping out with domestic violence in some sort of way but once again it happened 3 years ago and we've heard nothing since but what happened 3 years ago I'd give him a chance 

3 minutes ago, Dilger85 said:

I would ask you if he had punched your mom, sister, wife, daughter, would you still have the same outlook on "all is forgiven"?

My mom/sister/wife/daughter wouldn't provoke or push someone as they were walking away, so that's a moot point. I have a hard-line stance on domestic violence. People like Greg Hardy are monsters and don't deserve to play in the NFL. Mixon had one incident where tensions were high, he was physically provoked, and instantly reacted. I don't think what he did was right, but that was 3 years ago. You're condemning this kid for life for a mistake he made 3 years ago and had never done before (not a pattern of behavior).

I will say that I am not a fan of women that take advantage of the societal norm of not hitting women by hitting and provoking men with the expectation that they can do what they want with no recourse. In a point in time where gender equality is an issue at the forefront, it seems a bit odd that a woman feels its ok to throw a punch, but not take one back.

Just now, Dilger85 said:

That's where the interviews come into play. You drill him, you talk to his family, friends, peers, teachers, coaches, etc. to find out as much as you can about him and who he really is.

2 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

This discussion - while interesting - is wasted.  The Colts will pass on him, even if he is available in the 2nd - 4th rounds.  Colts organization and most fans will happily/smugly pat themselves on the back.  Colts organization and ALL fans will then spend the next five years quietly fretting over what could have easily been.  Write it down.  LOL

This makes very little sense.  The running back class is deep in this draft.  There really is not a reason to take the risk with him.  We could select another running back with no or at least lesser issues and get a quality player.  I know some fans want to though as it is a premium talent for maybe cheap.  I would just prefer to go in a different direction.  I do not think that is smug at all.

6 minutes ago, Dilger85 said:

This makes very little sense.  The running back class is deep in this draft.  There really is not a reason to take the risk with him.  We could select another running back with no or at least lesser issues and get a quality player.  I know some fans want to though as it is a premium talent for maybe cheap.  I would just prefer to go in a different direction.  I do not think that is smug at all.

He's a top 3 back who's being pushed down for off the field issues so taking a risk could be worth it lol but highly doubt it with irsay 

5 minutes ago, Shive said:

My mom/sister/wife/daughter wouldn't provoke or push someone as they were walking away, so that's a moot point. I have a hard-line stance on domestic violence. People like Greg Hardy are monsters and don't deserve to play in the NFL. Mixon had one incident where tensions were high, he was physically provoked, and instantly reacted. I don't think what he did was right, but that was 3 years ago. You're condemning this kid for life for a mistake he made 3 years ago and had never done before (not a pattern of behavior).

I will say that I am not a fan of women that take advantage of the societal norm of not hitting women by hitting and provoking men with the expectation that they can do what they want with no recourse. In a point in time where gender equality is an issue at the forefront, it seems a bit odd that a woman feels its ok to throw a punch, but not take one back.

That's where the interviews come into play. You drill him, you talk to his family, friends, peers, teachers, coaches, etc. to find out as much as you can about him and who he really is.

I was asking you to be empathetic, didn't really care about the actual probability of it coming true.  No you don't or you would not be rationalizing his conduct.  No I am not, I am just stating that I would not want the Colts to draft him.  It really has less to do about gender equality and more about brute strength.  The reasoning is the damage caused, please do not equate her shoves and slap/punches with his right cross that knocked her out and banged her of the table while breaking bones in her face.

21 minutes ago, Shive said:

I didn't comment on your last part here, but yes that would be the bare minimum that you would need to do, but I still would not draft him.  I am willing to overlook pot, bar fights, underage drinking, and a host of other "baggage" but this is one of the very few things that I consider almost unforgivable.

1 minute ago, Dilger85 said:

I was asking you to be empathetic, didn't really care about the actual probability of it coming true.  No you don't or you would not be rationalizing his conduct.  No I am not, I am just stating that I would not want the Colts to draft him.  It really has less to do about gender equality and more about brute strength.  The reasoning is the damage caused, please do not equate her shoves and slap/punches with his right cross that knocked her out and banged her of the table while breaking bones in her face.

I'm empathetic towards true domestic violence situations where there is a pattern of behavior where one person in the relationship feels that its ok to physically, mentally, or emotionally harm their significant other over and over again. This is not one of those situations.

I'm not trying to rationalize his behavior, just provide context and the reality of our current society. Like I said, his punch was excessive, but she wasn't innocent in all of this. She pushed a visibly aggravated Mixon, he jumps at her (typically equivalent of a warning shot), she proceeds to hit him, then he hits back. My take is that she thought that despite his body language and warning, she still hit him because she thought she could do so without any consequences. While his actions were not ok, I refuse to condemn this kid because of a hot-headed lapse in judgement while being pushed and hit by this entitled young woman.

1 hour ago, will426 said:

Understand and also everyone makes mistakes his just happened to be "recorded" but also he needs to also be judged on his field play and for the team who hires him they need to support that he'll be learning more and helping out with domestic violence in some sort of way but once again it happened 3 years ago and we've heard nothing since but what happened 3 years ago I'd give him a chance 

Punching a woman in the face hard enough to break bones isn't a mistake.  

2 hours ago, PhillyCOLTSfan said:

I will be cheering him on..."WAY TO GO SCUMBAG!!!"

1 hour ago, Majin Vegeta said:

What do you mean you didn't hear about it again? We're talking about his past right now. You even brought it up. Every time his name is brought up it's "despite his past" or some quick mention of his tumble to the 5th round because of "red flags." It will follow him forever and someone will always be there to bring it up. Same thing with Mixon. I said I'd be fine if the Colts did their research and decided to draft him. I tend to agree with Shive's points here, however.

Just now, CheezyColt said:

What do you mean you didn't hear about it again? We're talking about his past right now. You even brought it up. Every time his name is brought up it's "despite his past" or some quick mention of his tumble to the 5th round because of "red flags." It will follow him forever and someone will always be there to bring it up. Same thing with Mixon. I said I'd be fine if the Colts did their research and decided to draft him. I tend to agree with Shive's points here, however.

I brought it up to prove a point... The media and everyone else shut up as soon as he started producing. Same thing will happen to Mixon. 

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Punching a woman in the face hard enough to break bones isn't a mistake.  

Actually that's exactly what it is. He either learned from said mistake and matured, or he didn't. Pretty crazy people wanna bury him and not let him have a future in NFL because he hit someone that assualted him first. 

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

Actually that's exactly what it is. He either learned from said mistake and matured, or he didn't. Pretty crazy people wanna bury him and not let him have a future in NFL because he hit someone that assualted him first. 

He followed her inside.   He had plenty of opportunity to walk away long before going in the cafe.    I think he deserves a chance to redeem himself,   but punching a woman in the face isn't an accident.   It speaks to his integrity.

2 hours ago, Dilger85 said:

*A woman 

Lets not act like he has a bunch of acts of violence against women on his record. It was 1 time. And he was 18. Not an excuse but it's worth mentioning.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

He followed her inside.   He had plenty of opportunity to walk away long before going in the cafe.    I think he deserves a chance to redeem himself,   but punching a woman in the face isn't an accident.   It speaks to his integrity.

He started to walk away. She said something  and shoved him though. From everything I've read the girl sounds like a racist P O S. We don't know what his integrity is like. I'm a whole hell of a lot more mature now than when I had just turned 18, and I'd say that goes for the majority on this forum. 

2 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

*A woman 

Lets not act like he has a bunch of acts of violence against women on his record. It was 1 time. And he was 18. Not an excuse but it's worth mentioning.

There was another incident with a female parking attendant.  He tore up a ticket and threw it in her face,  then he tried to intimidate her by rolling his car toward her.    Sounds like a swell fella.   Imagine how he will act when he is a millionaire

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

He started to walk away. She said something  and shoved him though. From everything I've read the girl sounds like a racist P O S. We don't know what his integrity is like. I'm a whole hell of a lot more mature now than when I had just turned 18, and I'd say that goes for the majority on this forum. 

His police report said the guy called him a racial slur,  not her.   Look,  she shouldn't have pushed or slapped him,  but even at 18 he should be mature enough to not punch a woman.