Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Stop being close minded. Might be hard for you though. 

Yes, I'm closed minded because I don't tell lies and don't condone punching women. How enlightened you are Pokémon 

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

There was another incident with a female parking attendant.  He tore up a ticket and threw it in her face,  then he tried to intimidate her by rolling his car toward her.    Sounds like a swell fella.   Imagine how he will act when he is a millionaire

That sounds more like showing a lack of respect for authority than aggressiveness towards women. But I'm going to research the topic more.

His police report said the guy called him a racial slur,  not her.   Look,  she shouldn't have pushed or slapped him,  but even at 18 he should be mature enough to not punch a woman.    

The girl didn't even want the tape released, probably because she's the one who instigated it. And he should have been, but he was barely 18. I'm not gonna bury him for life for that. 

"In her police interview, Ms. Molitor herself admits her memories of the night are hazy and scattered. Eyewitnesses report that Ms. Molitor was belligerent and apparently inebriated

23 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Punching a woman in the face hard enough to break bones isn't a mistake.  

Sigh a lot of things aren't mistakes but sure as labled as them..but it's obviously a mistake in his life but call it what ya like like I've stated in previous threads about him..I don't condone hitting women but I do acknowledge people who try and change and being that's it's 3 years old and there hasn't been any other news about him punching a woman we can assume he's matured nd we really don't know but does that mean we shouldn't draft him? Mistakes are made in life period  just because it probably wasn't a mistake at that moment doesn't mean 3 years later he doesn't look at it as a mistake that ruined his chances 

2 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

The girl didn't even want the tape released, probably because she's the one who instigated it. And he should have been, but he was barely 18. I'm not gonna bury him for life for that. 

"In her police interview, Ms. Molitor herself admits her memories of the night are hazy and scattered. Eyewitnesses report that Ms. Molitor was belligerent and apparently inebriated

I was referencing you saying she made the racial slur.  She didn't,  Her friend did

1 minute ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Where does that say she called him anything??

"The punch caused her face to slam into a table. Mixon later told police that Molitor's friend had directed a racial slur at him and that he responded with an anti-gay slur at the friend"

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Where does that say she called him anything??

"The punch caused her face to slam into a table. Mixon later told police that Molitor's friend had directed a racial slur at him and that he responded with an anti-gay slur at the friend"

The fact that she barely remembers anything, and witnesses say she was belligerent means nothing to you? You really don't think it's possible she said something to him?  What's up with this crap that the girl could do no wrong? 

4 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Mixon's own lawyer claims it was someone at the table.  It's on video.

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

The fact that she barely remembers anything, and witnesses say she was belligerent means nothing to you? You really don't think it's possible she said something to him?  What's up with this crap that the girl could do no wrong? 

Not one person has claimed she made a racial slur,  not even mixon himself.  

I never said that either.  In fact I said she shouldn't have put her hands on him.   You just made up a story that isn't true

Just a reminder....we are arguing with someone that loves Pokémon.

6 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I never said that either.  In fact I said she shouldn't have put her hands on him.   You just made up a story that isn't true

She shouldn't have. As soon as she did, she's liable to get hit. 

And I read that she called him racial slurs. Maybe it was her friend though? Either way, she barely remembers lol. This is comical. 

2 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

why do you think I love Pokémon? Lmaooo. Even if I did, what would that matter? You're worse off than I thought.

I thought your avatar was a Pokémon character or something 

Do you guys have any idea how perfectly this draft is falling for the Colts.

Top RB dropping, Top Edge Guys Dropping,

Browns once again getting QB desperate, I'm sure one or 2 more teams will follow.

Man, we could literally fix 2 big problems.

We could get Mcaffreney in the 2nd. Were in a good position to trade down and get Tim Williams

There are so many possibilities.

Were in a great position to fix a lot of holes this years.

I haven't even mentioned the Free Agency Pool.

I hope the colts stop with all this "good ol boy" character issue policy and take a shot on some actual playmakers.

16 minutes ago, Freeupfreeney said:

Do you guys have any idea how perfectly this draft is falling for the Colts.

Top RB dropping, Top Edge Guys Dropping,

Browns once again getting QB desperate, I'm sure one or 2 more teams will follow.

Man, we could literally fix 2 big problems.

We could get Mcaffreney in the 2nd. Were in a good position to trade down and get Tim Williams

There are so many possibilities.

Were in a great position to fix a lot of holes this years.

I haven't even mentioned the Free Agency Pool.

I hope the colts stop with all this "good ol boy" character issue policy and take a shot on some actual playmakers.

I prefer the playmakers to be like Marvin Harrison.  Killers

23 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Pokémon are like weird animal things, not people lol.

Devils advocate...there are people in Pokemon. Lots of them, you play as a person. DBZ and Pokemon both have anime television series. 

Carry on all...

26 minutes ago, corgi said:

Devils advocate...there are people in Pokemon. Lots of them, you play as a person. DBZ and Pokemon both have anime television series. 

Carry on all...

Yeah obviously there's people, but the actual Pokémon are animal things/creatures/whatever. Which is what he was referring too. 

Okay now carry on...

5 hours ago, PhillyCOLTSfan said:

Well it not like we are starting a church quior,  I could care less about what he does off the field tht his personal business as long as he produces on field and learned his lesson and stays out of trouble 

But most people won' trust him until they have talked with him personally, and in Private.  I'm speaking most Owners, let alone the teams GM's.  But there will be someone willing to gamble, like picking Jaylon Smith in round two a  year ago.  And I'm sure the taste of crow from everyone passing on La'el Collins is still on every GM's mind...

I do know teams do not care what you or I think, but what they think and how they view the kid, and what they expect to get from the kid, both on and off the field.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

*A woman 

Lets not act like he has a bunch of acts of violence against women on his record. It was 1 time. And he was 18. Not an excuse but it's worth mentioning.

3 hours ago, Majin Vegeta said:

Wrong. After Tyreek Hills 1st 100 yard game we didn't hear about his past again. 

Everyone needs to get over it and move on, was three years ago. 

Just FYI he was suspended early just this very season for tearing up a parking ticket, throwing it in their face, and threatening them. This isn't a one time incident with anger issues. Just saying there are more than 1 red flag. Also it will come up again. Her civil suit hasn't even gone to court as she waits on him to make his money. This story will have legs trust me. I don't think Irsay or Ballard want to deal with all the questions about this nor the angry women's groups that will boycott us. Indy is a small market in the Midwest...these types of issues can cut into your limited fan base. Honestly how many times you go to the Colts game and it's almost like 40% female there. We are a family organization...we aren't the Raiders. I just don't see it happening.

12 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Just FYI he was suspended early just this very season for tearing up a parking ticket, throwing it in their face, and threatening them. This isn't a one time incident with anger issues. Just saying there are more than 1 red flag. Also it will come up again. Her civil suit hasn't even gone to court as she waits on him to make his money. This story will have legs trust me. I don't think Irsay or Ballard want to deal with all the questions about this nor the angry women's groups that will boycott us. Indy is a small market in the Midwest...these types of issues can cut into your limited fan base. Honestly how many times you go to the Colts game and it's almost like 40% female there. We are a family organization...we aren't the Raiders. I just don't see it happening.

In the end, it's the NFL and only winning matters. It'd be different if his incident was at least recent imo. But it was 3 years ago. 

If we get him, I'll be happy. If we don't, I'll be fine with that too. 

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

In the end, it's the NFL and only winning matters. If we get him, I'll be happy. If we don't, I'll be fine with that too. 

There is winning and winning with class. I'm fine with the latter even if it means we are runner up sometimes. It's the entertainment industry...and about money...and alienating a very large portion of your very small (small market) fan base is not good business. We can win without players like him. Most teams do.

Just now, dgambill said:

There is winning and winning with class. I'm fine with the latter even if it means we are runner up sometimes. It's the entertainment industry...and about money...and alienating a very large portion of your very small (small market) fan base is not good business. We can win without players like him. Most teams do.

If we draft Mixon, we have a PR nightmare all offseason. All preseason. But once week 1 of the regular season comes, and Joe is out there tearing it up. Nobody will mention his 3 year old accident again. It will be all smiles for the Colts and the fans. Just my opinion. I'll be fine either way.  

Just now, dgambill said:

On this note, nothing grows your fan base like winning.  While I'm sure they are well aware of the backlash that will happen with drafting him, if they feel he gives them the best chance to win, they would offset their "small market" loss.

7 hours ago, James Ducheteau said:

Right, I mean thank god he punched a woman in the face, or else he'd be a first rounder and lord knows that positional value dictates you don't take a RB in the first. If only more young talented men would hit women..we could get a whole team of first rounders in the later rounds. 

I think we got your point about 30 some odd post ago. You're boring!

21 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

If we draft Mixon, we have a PR nightmare all offseason. All preseason. But once week 1 of the regular season comes, and Joe is out there tearing it up. Nobody will mention his 3 year old accident again. It will be all smiles for the Colts and the fans. Just my opinion. I'll be fine either way.  

I respectfully disagree. It will come up again. Just think of when his civil case hits the court....and if we made the SB and media day? Just two more examples...not to mention OTL and many other specials that will discuss it and the next time some * player hits a woman it will get compared to him too. I mean we never hear about Ray Rice anymore do we?? I understand some people are win at all cost and don't care what guys we bring into our community I respectfully disagree with that thought process however. Not going to argue as my opinion is no better than anyone else's. All I know is if Ballard started to bring in players like that I would stop going to games. I did when the Pacers had all their thugs on the team who were out there beating up fans and I have no problem to do it to the Colts too.

19 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

In the end, it's the NFL and only winning matters. It'd be different if his incident was at least recent imo. But it was 3 years ago. 

If we get him, I'll be happy. If we don't, I'll be fine with that too. 

He will still be asked about it, and also why he had a tantrum this last November in a parking lot.  Shows he hasn't matured.  Here's something most people do not know.  This is the NFL official stance-

... players younger than college juniors are not mature enough physically or emotionally for pro football.

And there's a saying in the NFL, if you take a Junior in the draft (or Redshirt Sophomore), you have him on your club for his Senior year. Coaches want players, its owner and often their GM's as well that want 'character guys' as well as superb athletes.  That's why so many teams have to interview a kids teachers, parents, HS and college coaches, janitors (to see how a kid treats someone who cannot do or give anything to him)  and the like.  A 'failed' interview has taken many a players off a teams draft board.  Because availability is sometimes the most important ability.

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I respectfully disagree. It will come up again. Just think of when his civil case hits the court....and if we made the SB and media day? Just two more examples...not to mention OTL and many other specials that will discuss it and the next time some * player hits a woman it will get compared to him too. I mean we never hear about Ray Rice anymore do we?? I understand some people are win at all cost and don't care what guys we bring into our community I respectfully disagree with that thought process however. Not going to argue as my opinion is no better than anyone else's. All I know is if Ballard started to bring in players like that I would stop going to games. I did when the Pacers had all their thugs on the team who were out there beating up fans and I have no problem to do it to the Colts too.

I think there would be an initial wave of criticism that would soon after die down. I've said it before and I'll say it again. It all hinges on the interviews with him, family, friends, peers, teachers, coaches, etc. If Ballard's team does their due diligence and feels that he is a good fit for our locker room, he'll be on the board. If we do pick him, our PR team would make sure that we are completely in front of the backlash. Ballard would have to explain the process they went through a bit and how they came to the conclusion that he would be a good fit.

Ballard said the other day that you have to completely vet these guys and in the process, involve all of the departments (PR, Marketing, etc) to find out their perspective of bringing someone like that in. He also has stressed the importance of locker room chemistry. I don't think he'd pick some "thug" just because they're talented.

If he checks out and our organization feels good about him being a part of the team, he's definitely on our board.

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

If we make the Super Bowl, the last thing I'll care about is a reporter asking Joe about his incident 3 years ago. But we respectfully disagree and that's fine. You have good points. 

7 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

He will still be asked about it, and also why he had a tantrum this last November in a parking lot.  Shows he hasn't matured.  Here's something most people do not know.  This is the NFL official stance-

... players younger than college juniors are not mature enough physically or emotionally for pro football.

And there's a saying in the NFL, if you take a Junior in the draft (or Redshirt Sophomore), you have him on your club for his Senior year. Coaches want players, its owner and often their GM's as well that want 'character guys' as well as superb athletes.  That's why so many teams have to interview a kids teachers, parents, HS and college coaches, janitors (to see how a kid treats someone who cannot do or give anything to him)  and the like.  A 'failed' interview has taken many a players off a teams draft board.  Because availability is sometimes the most important ability.

Yeah I posted a month or two ago about the ticket thing. That in itself isn't a big deal, but it does kind of paint a picture of him having bad character. Like I said, I'll be fine with either choice Ballard makes. He will know Mixons true colors, not us.