Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Divisional Round: Texans at Patriots Game Thread

Luck is Good

Osweiler has some of the worst mechanics ever, especially from a noisy pocket. All these overthrows are because he doesn't step into his throw. He's not transferring weight, he's throwing across his body and his arm angle is all wrong, leading to the ball sailing on him.

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Luck is Good said:

Another turnover lol. Good lord if I were a Texans fan knowing Brock is there for three more years, there wouldn't be enough liquor stores to satisfy my needs

That's how most people feel about Pagano here who is still under contract for 3 more years. At least the Texans do have a crappy QB situation and we don't so the Division is up for grabs. Colts need to build the Defense.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's how most people feel about Pagano here who is still under contract for 3 more years. At least the Texans do have a crappy QB situation and we don't so the Division is up for grabs. Colts need to build the Defense.

Defense would definitely help. It still pains me the Colts lost to this guy twice

Just now, oldunclemark said:

It took some nerve to give 16 points in a playoff game

I won all 4 giving the points last week.  I won giving the points tonight.  I stayed away from the falcons game and the Steelers game.    If the cowboys cover tomorrow it's a 300 dollar two weeks.  If not,  I'm still up 250.  I find playoff football easier to bet on.  The cream always rises

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know it sucks getting swept by him. Both games were real winnable but they still won. We pretty much gave away the game at Houston.

The game at Houston. Oh boy the one instance where Brock wasn't trash and that was for 2 and a half minutes

51 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Brock has infected Tom Brady

LOL.. Houston ended the season in the nightmare I predicted after watching Brock for about 8 games.

They are paying Brock 17 mill with a cap hit of 19 mill (2017) and have no idea of who will be their starting QB. Besides Savage is in his contract year. Barring injuries , I can't imagine a team having a worse QB situation that this one. 

2 minutes ago, dw49 said:

LOL.. Houston ended the season in the nightmare I predicted after watching Brock for about 8 games.

They are paying Brock 17 mill with a cap hit of 19 mill (2017) and have no idea of who will be their starting QB. Besides Savage is in his contract year. Barring injuries , I can't imagine a team having a worse QB situation that this one. 

They have to draft a QB and let him compete for the starting job..

...that would give them a low-priced alternative to Brock..

...or if the Bears cut Jay Cutler...you bring him in at minimum bucks to compete on a 1-year deal

Just now, oldunclemark said:

They have to draft a QB and let him compete for the starting job..

...that would give them a low-priced alternative to Brock..

...or if the Bears cut Jay Cutler...you bring him in at minimum bucks to compete on a 1-year deal

I think 50-50 that Savage beats Brock out. As to Cutler... that a lot of "ifs" there. Bears have to cut him and he has to want to agree to a cheap deal as Houston will already have 20 mill in cap space for the QB spot. Drafting a QB is OK but the team is ready to win now. Plus if savage wins the job and plays decently , while the drafted rookie turns out to be a question mark , they then have another mess. Do they resign Savage as 2017 is his contract year. 

26 minutes ago, Superman said:

Osweiler has some of the worst mechanics ever, especially from a noisy pocket. All these overthrows are because he doesn't step into his throw. He's not transferring weight, he's throwing across his body and his arm angle is all wrong, leading to the ball sailing on him.

Just one of those many guys that have the arm and athletic ability to make it and probably will never be much better. 

1 hour ago, #12. said:

20 points closer than the last time we met them in the playoffs... even with Osweiler.

FWIW they ran up on the score on us, they were still throwing in our game until the end. They could've had another TD tonight at the end. Anyway the 2nd Half was still bad for Houston. I never once got the feeling that they would win when the score got to 24-13. Patriots really didn't even play well tonight and still won by 18.

So here's a question and a question that will come up a bunch over the next week, if Tom Brady wins his 5th SB is he the best of all-time? No other starter has won 5 SB's in history. I still think SpyGate and DeflateGate kind of hurts his legacy but he is still Great regardless. You have QB's like Montana and Bradshaw who have also won 4 and a QB like Peyton who has won 2 but has 5 League MVP's as well. Brady may win his 3rd League MVP this season. Montana only had 2 League MVP's, Bradshaw 1.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So here's a question and a question that will come up a bunch over the next week, if Tom Brady wins his 5th SB is he the best of all-time? No other starter has won 5 SB's in history. I still think SpyGate and DeflateGate kind of hurts his legacy but he is still Great regardless. You have QB's like Montana and Bradshaw who have also won 4 and a QB like Peyton who has won 2 but has 5 League MVP's as well. Brady may win his 3rd League MVP this season. Montana only had 2 League MVP's, Bradshaw 1.

Yes. I hate Tom Brady but he is the GOAT, whether he gets the ring this year or not. I think his 4th ring pretty much settled it in my view.

No doubt spygate and deflategate put a bit of an asterisk on his career, but its hard to not be impressed at what hes done. Its like watching LeBron in the NBA, I hate LeBron, but denying greatness is pretty much denying reality, whether you hate him or not. Same goes for Brady IMO.

11 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yes. I hate Tom Brady but he is the GOAT, whether he gets the ring this year or not. I think his 4th ring pretty much settled it in my view.

No doubt spygate and deflategate put a bit of an asterisk on his career, but its hard to not be impressed at what hes done. Its like watching LeBron in the NBA, I hate LeBron, but denying greatness is pretty much denying reality, whether you hate him or not. Same goes for Brady IMO.

I hate the Patriots and Tom as well but the guy is Great. Having a Coach like BB has really helped him too. I still have Montana #1 not just because of the 4 SB wins but Montana was perfect in all of those SB wins having no INT's. + He even had a defining comeback TD drive win in 1 of them which was over Cincy in the 88 Season. His teams also beat Marino and Elway led teams in a SB too. Montana does have 2 League MVP's and over 40,000 Yards passing in his career. Back in the 80's if a QB threw for over 40,000 it was a huge deal. If we are just talking about SB era I would have Montana 1, Brady 2, and put Peyton 3. Peyton only won 2 SB's but won with 2 different teams + he has 5 League MVP's. Nobody will ever beat his MVP record. Unitas best years was before the SB era.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes.

6 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

So if he completes less than 50% of his passes all the way to the SB and wins because his team is great while others look inept, and gets a 5th ring, he's the GOAT? Give me a break.

The Patriots are a great team. He's a part of it. Great teams win championships. The Patriots are the only great team on the AFC. K.C. and PIT, and OAK (WITH Carr) are very good, but they're not at the Patriots level of a totally well balanced team. (Even without Gronk)

KC and PIT are good enough to give the Pats a game at least. Any other team would get HOUSTONED'  due to glaring talent/coaching holes like the Texans did.

Also,

11-5 with a garbage QB

3-1 with a garbage QB and third stringer, who is even worse. Hell they beat HOU even worse than NE did when Brady played.

Meanwhile, on the Colts,

2-14 with a garbage QB. THAT'S what a hard carry looks like by a great QB making his team better than what it is.

Anyway, GOAT is Marino. Put him on these Patriots teams and they would figuratively never lose.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

For some I suppose the answer would be yes.

For me...  No.   Case in point...   The game won last night wasn't because of Tom's greatness,  quite the contrary.  He played,  well,  mediocre at best last night.

If the Pats win another championship, it will be due to the fact that they are a complete team with the best coach.  Period.

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

For some I suppose the answer would be yes.

For me...  No.   Case in point...   The game won last night wasn't because of Tom's greatness,  quite the contrary.  He played,  well,  mediocre at best last night.

If the Pats win another championship, it will be due to the fact that they are a complete team with the best coach.  Period.

Earl Thomas may agree with you.

Tom Brady has the easiest route... put his a** in our division and see what he does!!! #salty!!