Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Heat Increasing for Answers

Coltsfan1284

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irsay's December answer to potential change was 6 minutes long. He praised Grigson and Pagano's record and talked about caution and continuity. He left open the possibility of "change" in the context of "You are always looking to make your team better no matter how successful you are"......and he said,

"I don't have any anticipation of change. There is no plan of that."

This was right after the second loss to Houston and the Colts were 6-7. 

Of course, he left open the slight possibility, but I don't see how he owes anybody any further explanation.

6 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

What's the point in getting Twitter followers? Especially when you're full of it?

In the current age of Internet news, it's not about being right, it's about being first.   Respectable reports with an actual reputation aren't going to put their reputation on the line just to be the first one.  But an unknown guy with no credible would gladly take the risk, if he could potentially be right and the first one to report it. 

1 minute ago, egg said:

Irsay's December answer to potential change was 6 minutes long. He praised Grigson and Pagano's record and talked about caution and continuity. He left open the possibility of "change" in the context of "You are always looking to make your team better no matter how successful you are"......and he said,

"I don't have any anticipation of change. There is no plan of that."

This was right after the second loss to Houston and the Colts were 6-7. 

Of course, he left open the slight possibility, but I don't see how he owes anybody any further explanation.

If he did, indeed, plan on making changes, do you think he would come out say that he was?

6 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

If he did, indeed, plan on making changes, do you think he would come out say that he was?

I personally think he was honest in the interview about everything he said, including the remote possibility that he would make a change. So, it could happen, but probably won't.

1 hour ago, PeterBowman said:

guess this is the go to thread for the Gruden related topics....the others got locked.

That is the one thing I hate about this site...Who wants to have to go through a thread that is 100 pages long...Just let the threads die on there own..If people aren't interested they will...Some threads cover a certain aspect of the situation, if it bothers people they don't have to click or comment on them...This is the only forum that does this, and I personally think it is unnecessary. .I dont want to have to look through multiple pages to find new content or refresh myself on previous content...It is called a FAN FORUM, how about letting the fans decide what they choose to talk about and not a few people in control who think they know best..It's the offseason what are people supposed to talk about.?.Lets just merge everything into 1 stupid thread then to keep the site organized...smh

2 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I think locking the other threads has a lot to do with saving people from having the same discussion in several different threads.

That and it devolved into me talking about Brad Dourif and the Chikd's Play series. 

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

That is the one thing I hate about this site...Who wants to have to go through a thread that is 100 pages long...Just let the threads die on there own..If people aren't interested they will...Some threads cover a certain aspect of the situation, if it bothers people they don't have to click or comment on them...This is the only forum that does this, and I personally think it is unnecessary. .I dont want to have to look through multiple pages to find new content or refresh myself on previous content...It is called a FAN FORUM, how about letting the fans decide what they choose to talk about and not a few people in control who think they know best..It's the offseason what are people supposed to talk about.?.Lets just merge everything into 1 stupid thread then to keep the site organized...smh

If I had to guess it's more due to the fact that there were some people that had jumped into that thread yesterday and were kinda late to the party, and they were embedding content that had already been submitted by other members. We don't need a thread that has just pages and pages of duplicate content. I saw some tweets get embedded last night that had already been added 2 days prior. Once that starts to happen, it makes sense to lock the thread and start fresh.

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

There is still a gruden thread:  http://forums.colts.com/topic/49846-grudens-first-moves-merge/

This thread is general speculation.  people were complaining about too many threads

I know, but it was only a few people..I just think a thread will die naturally...Once they become mega threads i don't even bother to look anymore too much to look thru..When there are multiple threads going in different aspects or directions it just makes it easier in my opinion..Onece they are merged it becomes a jumbled mess..

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

If I had to guess it's more due to the fact that there were some people that had jumped into that thread yesterday and were kinda late to the party, and they were embedding content that had already been submitted by other members. We don't need a thread that has just pages and pages of duplicate content. I saw some tweets get embedded last night that had already been added 2 days prior. Once that starts to happen, it makes sense to lock the thread and start fresh.

That and people were complaining about all the threads with the same topics 

The thread titles were no longer accurate to what was going on in the threads so, I just opted to keep the most recent one (fewer pages for people to wade through)

You can please some of the people........etc.....etc.....etc

Just now, jshipp23 said:

I know, but it was only a few people..I just think a thread will die naturally...Once they become mega threads i don't even bother to look anymore too much to look thru..When there are multiple threads going in different aspects or directions it just makes it easier in my opinion..Onece they are merged it becomes a jumbled mess..

I just merged the gruden plans topic because the topics were similar.  What coaches?, what fee agents?

This one is just general speculation

This thread wasn't merged, I linked the other threads to it so, it's not a mega merge.  Just 3 pages right now :)

1 minute ago, Tsarquise said:

33sOkay, I think they are full of it now. Lmao!

We are getting a few messages about Harbaugh. We wanted to clear that up with what we know.1st, Irsay and Harbaugh have a good relationship.

I would personally drive to Ann Arbor and pack Jim Harbaughs bags for him if it helped one iota bringing him here as our coach.

Just now, Jaric said:

I would personally drive to Ann Arbor and pack Jim Harbaughs bags for him if it helped one iota bringing him here as our coach.

So, now it's Harbaugh instead of Gruen, or is it Harbaugh for Pres/GM and Gruden for coach?

I'm now more completely confused.

2 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

So, now it's Harbaugh instead of Gruen, or is it Harbaugh for Pres/GM and Gruden for coach?

If I get to pick it's Harbaugh for coach and maybe also GM depending on what he wants.

I'm not really all that excited about Gruden for coach other than him not being Chuck Pagano.

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

niether, that tweet was a response to another account asking if they'd heard any colts/harbaugh rumors recently.

30 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Count me in!

12 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

^ That same twitter account just said Harbaugh has no interest.

They are being really random now though, talking about John as a possible candidate down the road. Sounds like they're already backtracking on Gruden.

They were responding to people asking them about Harbaugh and they were saying he isn't a candidate. 

19 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

33sOkay, I think they are full of it now. Lmao!

We are getting a few messages about Harbaugh. We wanted to clear that up with what we know.1st, Irsay and Harbaugh have a good relationship.

Nevermind, they were responding to people asking about Harbaugh.

How can an unverified sports betting account with under 500 followers be considered a reputable source? 

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet (or Twitter for that matter). 

5 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I know. Just seems odd that they'd even mention Harbaugh has a chance at our HC job when they've all but stated Gruden is our new HC.

Exactly. They said he wont be a candidate this year but may be a name to remember in the future.

Why say that if you just said chuck is gone.and Gruden is in?

14 minutes ago, MTC said:

I'm not listening to any of the speculation until Irsay announces he fired Pagano (which in my mind, isn't happening this season).

Then there are guys like me who are staying skeptical but also probably wading too deep in the rumor waters. It's a fine line.