Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reactions to Pagano's presser [Merge]

Jackie Daytona

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

They can't draft one this year? As much talent in this draft the top QBs will be avaliable late in the 1st due to the players on D and running backs going early 

I highly doubt they spend a first on a qb after giving oswieler that big contract.  

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Still no news. I feel like change has to be coming in some way. Irsay is never this quiet. We really haven't heard from him since he said he didn't anticipate any changes. Maybe I'm overthinking but something is up.

This all seems too weird. Even for Irsay. And it's not like he doesn't know that everyone is waiting for some word. He knows because he would've at least said something on Twitter or released a press statement I feel.

Not to mention the fans blowing his Twitter up lol

5 hours ago, IinD said:

In the words of Dwight Freeney...'it is what it is'.

Sucks honestly, but can't do squat about it if Jim's in lala land and thinks this guy is the right guy to hitch the franchise to.

Jim doesn't know his butt from a hole in the ground sorry but its true we will never win another superbowl as long as these two *s are running things. Plain and simple.

38 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

They can't draft one this year? As much talent in this draft the top QBs will be avaliable late in the 1st due to the players on D and running backs going early 

The question is even if they draft a guy they think is their "franchise QB" can they develop him and get him to play at the level they need him to. So far they've haven't shown the ability to do so, they've been looking for that guy and trying guys out for how long now? Texans aren't that impressive, thier wins against us were almost due more to us just playing horrible than them really dominating or playing so well. And the first game, we gave away to them.

51 minutes ago, BOTT said:

You are getting way ahead of yourself.  Kelly is the only one I have confidence in....at this point.  You can rarely judge drafts after one season.

remember when people were excited by guys like Chapman and Thorton?

I was never excited about them too. lol I may be getting ahead of myself, but I am confident in Geathers, Jackson, Anderson, Davis, and Ridgeway. I think Morrison won't be startih but will be a really good rotating ILB. TJ Green has a lot of potential. He just needs one more year of better coaching IMO. He gets turned around in coverage.l to easily.  The only ones I'm not really sure on is clark and Heag. 

2 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

The question is even if they draft a guy they think is their "franchise QB" can they develop him and get him to play at the level they need him to. So far they've haven't shown the ability to do so, they've been looking for that guy and trying guys out for how long now? Texans aren't that impressive, thier wins against us were almost due more to us just playing horrible than them really dominating or playing so well. And the first game, we gave away to them.

Sure they can they haven't really taken a QB they thought was a franchise QB they screwed up with Brock 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

No but the top QBs could fall with other teams taking the better value D players and RBs 

Who are the top QB's? Kizer and Watson? Neither seems like a great  NFL prospect to me this year. Not to mention 5 of the top 10 teams need quarterbacks. Maybe the Texans find a guy, just doesn't seem like a deep QB draft to me. 

3 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

Who are the top QB's? Kizer and Watson? Neither seems like a great  NFL prospect to me this year. Not to mention 5 of the top 10 teams need quarterbacks. Maybe the Texans find a guy, just doesn't seem like a deep QB draft to me. 

It's not but I don't see the QB needy teams skipping the defensive talent for these QBs 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

It's not but I don't see the QB needy teams skipping the defensive talent for these QBs 

Sure, I just think we have a better chance finding good defensive talent and building that side of the ball then the Texans do of finding a good quarterback who can have an impact next year.

22 minutes ago, weslo1812 said:

you are really dinging the Texans coaching staff for not developing the crap they have had at QB?  If you want to blame someone, blame the GM.  Osweiler sucked in Denver , people just overlooked it because the team continued to win.

2 minutes ago, BOTT said:

you are really dinging the Texans coaching staff for not developing the crap they have had at QB?  If you want to blame someone, blame the GM.  Osweiler sucked in Denver , people just overlooked it because the team continued to win.

Damn you are taking all my likes today. I damn near agree on everything you have said today.

This has been the strangest start to the off-season I can rember I realize Irsay generally handles things differently than most but this is the exact reason that the Indy media is so hard on them They simply don't communicate . If there are no changes you simply release a statement saying Ryan Chuck and I Mr Irsay are commited to getting this team back to championship caliber football

What would be really funny, or annoying, is if Irsay came out in like a week and said of course they're staying, that he shouldn't have had to say anything since they were still under contract.

Really though, I agree they should release a statement. If not for the fact that apparently the players and asst. coaches don't know what's going on and that's unfair to them.

20 minutes ago, Zach Boyd said:

This has been the strangest start to the off-season I can rember I realize Irsay generally handles things differently than most but this is the exact reason that the Indy media is so hard on them They simply don't communicate . If there are no changes you simply release a statement saying Ryan Chuck and I Mr Irsay are commited to getting this team back to championship caliber football

Maybe Irsay hasn't made up his mind yet.

My completely uninformed prediction is Pagano will stay, Grigson will go and Jimmy Raye III will be promoted  and take over as GM. Raye just attended the seminar for prospective GMs this last offseason and Pagano really seems like an Irsay guy more than Grigson to me. I think it's the only way Irsay can move the GM and keep someone who will give Pagano another chance.

Of course, I don't know much.

2 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

thats even worse. Why hasnt he decided? why leave things untill now? 

They were eliminated from playoffs like 2 weeks ago it should have been enough time. Looks to me that he is trying to convince himself on keeping them

Just now, Jason_S said:

That may be the case the decision to get rid of Chuck should have been made before Sunday there was enough to make a decision at that point if your unsure at this point there is something wrong

1 minute ago, Mameluc said:

thats even worse. Why hasnt he decided? why leave things untill now? 

They were eliminated from playoffs like 2 weeks ago it should have been enough time. Looks to me that he is trying to convince himself on keeping them

Remember last offseason?  We didn't hear anything for the first few days then either. 

17 minutes ago, buccolts said:

By your photo, I can tell you're too young to remember the off season following the 2011 debacle.

Now, those were the days.

:hairout:   weren't they tho............  ?? haha

I remember thinking  I am not going to last long around here.   I was ready to walk away from the forum for good.   I'm glad I stuck around.  I have met several wonderful people on here I am glad to call friends.  

Just now, Jason_S said:

Remember last offseason?  We didn't hear anything for the first few days then either. 

Didnt we hear on black monday but at like 10 pm.

But anyways, yes I remember, my point is exactly that why does he always take so much time

2 minutes ago, Mameluc said:

Didnt we hear on black monday but at like 10 pm.

But anyways, yes I remember, my point is exactly that why does he always take so much time

eh, first few days, same day at 10pm...tomato tomahtoe..lol

Because it's not an easy decision to make and he absolutely should take as much time as he needs to make sure he makes the correct decision.  Now, if he's going to make changes, then he's not going to want to get behind in the search for new GM and/or Coach while current candidates are already being interviewed, but that's still no reason to rush such an important decision.

10 minutes ago, HGRekks said:

My completely uninformed prediction is Pagano will stay, Grigson will go and Jimmy Raye III will be promoted  and take over as GM. Raye just attended the seminar for prospective GMs this last offseason and Pagano really seems like an Irsay guy more than Grigson to me. I think it's the only way Irsay can move the GM and keep someone who will give Pagano another chance.

Of course, I don't know much.

But if you're a new GM coming in, and you analyze the games over the last few years, Pagano is the first thing you address....which means he's gone.

Just now, Jason_S said:

Because it's not an easy decision to make and he absolutely should take as much time as he needs to make sure he makes the correct decision.  Now, if he's going to make changes, then he's not going to want to get behind in the search for new GM and/or Coach while current candidates are already being interviewed, but that's still no reason to rush such an important decision.

Does anybody know if Irsay was traveling?

Always a chance that he wanted to talk to Grigson and Pagano together.  

Irsay is not a coward like other other GMs to fire someone on a voicemail.

7 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

eh, first few days, same day at 10pm...tomato tomahtoe..lol

I understand that but the team was eliminated from Playoffs 2 weeks ago or 3. The results of the last game shouldnt have any consecuences on his decision, yet it looks that way. He should have made his mind already, whatever the outcome of the last sunday

I agree he needs to figure out this and it takes time, but its been enough time. It makes him look "unprepared"

36 minutes ago, Zach Boyd said:

Since they were not fired yesterday they are staying bet on it.

Just now, Zach Boyd said:

If your hiring a new GM more than likely he will not the current coach secondly he should have the same access to the current coaching pool that everyone else has waiting does not work in your favor in this instance 

I assume you meant that the new GM more than likely wouldn't want the current coach...but what if Irsay says Pagano stays?  Then it doesn't really matter what the new  GM wants.  To put it another way, that would be discussed in the interview with the new GM candidate and if that candidate and Irsay were not on the same page then that candidate simply doesn't get hired.

4 minutes ago, Mameluc said:

I understand that but the team was eliminated from Playoffs 2 weeks ago or 3. The results of the last game shouldnt have any consecuences on his decision, yet it looks that way. He should have made his mind already, whatever the outcome of the last sunday

I agree he needs to figure out this and it takes time, but its been enough time. It makes him look "unprepared"

I don't think it makes him look unprepared, but that's just me.   Also, the Colts were officially eliminated from the playoffs after Houston beat Cincy on 12/24...so less than a week and a half ago. :)

1 minute ago, Jason_S said:

I assume you meant that the new GM more than likely wouldn't want the current coach...but what if Irsay says Pagano stays?  Then it doesn't really matter what the new  GM wants.  To put it another way, that would be discussed in the interview with the new GM candidate and if that candidate and Irsay were not on the same page then that candidate simply doesn't get hired.

Your gonna have a really hard time hiring a GM who is told he has to keep the current coach . That almost defeats the purpose of being a GM