Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

LOS

NDcolt

I understand we're furious that OUR Colts haven't made the playoffs in 2 yrs but I was so disappointed in our fans on Sunday.  You could hear a pin drop not only on Offense but the entire Defensive series!  I took 7 family members to their first game & was embarrassed by the lack of participation from LOS.  Win or Lose I expected better from the Crowd.  hopefully Jim got the memo but so far doesn't sound like any changes in store which has me flabbergasted.  He had to be embarrassed to acknowledge Bill Polish at halftime after that first half showing & current state of this team!  Is Mr Irsay still capable of running an NFL franchise?

6 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

I understand we're furious that OUR Colts haven't made the playoffs in 2 yrs but I was so disappointed in our fans on Sunday.  You could hear a pin drop not only on Offense but the entire Defensive series!  I took 7 family members to their first game & was embarrassed by the lack of participation from LOS.  Win or Lose I expected better from the Crowd.  hopefully Jim got the memo but so far doesn't sound like any changes in store which has me flabbergasted.  He had to be embarrassed to acknowledge Bill Polish at halftime after that first half showing & current state of this team!  Is Mr Irsay still capable of running an NFL franchise?

I've been a season ticket holder since 2004, and I've also been several Colts road games.  I'm fully invested, so I always find it both amusing and angering when posters like this come here and tell me how I should behave at a home game.  I behave how I want to behave, thank you -- within the rules.  Sometimes that means staying silent and sitting on my hands.  Not your expectation? Tough rocks, snowflake.

We were getting blown out by a bottom feeder?  What was there to cheer about?  Fans are getting really frustrated with this team, from the front office all the way down.  I know that Irsay can't make FO decisions based on what the fans want.  He has to tune that out in order to make the best decisions possible for the franchise.  However, if something doesn't change for the better over the next two years, fans are going to stop renewing their season tickets, and fans like myself that normally make it to one game a season are going to stop making that purchase.  That may be the only way that Irsay gets it.  

We've got a decent football city after what PM did for this franchise, but this will never be a Pittsburgh or Green Bay type football town, where the seats are always sold out no matter what the state of the franchise is.

I was surprised how full it was.  That said, walking in was like going to a funeral.  I swear, nobody was saying a word. Heads down. Eerie.  After the game actually pretty jubilant.  Bad game for TV, but was fun to be there.  Crowd loud at the end.  No complaints here.  A really nice New Year's Day!!

As a STH for many years I can't remember a season where the fans booed so much at the team, and pretty much every time they did I felt the team deserved it (and then some).  We went the whole first quarter without a first down against J'ville!  I repeat, WE WENT THE WHOLE FIRST QUARTER WITHOUT A FIRST DOWN AGAINST J'VILLE!  I ask the OP, what exactly was there to cheer about when your offense continually goes 3 and out?  What is there to cheer about when J'ville was running at will, Bortles was looking like a Pro Bowler, and Robinson was catching everything thrown his way?  What is there to cheer about when Vinny missed a FG?  What was there to cheer about when you fall behind 14 pts at home against a 3 win team?  The crowd at LOS can be a very quiet bunch at times, and they can be very vocal at times....guess what it all depends on how the team on the field is playing.  Once the team started showing some signs of life the crowd did too....it's funny how that works. 

I have gone to every Colts game since 2005 and yesterday's game was probably the worst when it comes to fan participation. The stadium was still full like normal - but the fans had NO energy. I mean, even in 2011 the fans were more into the game. No energy from the fans yesterday. Irsay has to see this. Pagano/Grigson has sucked the life out of the fans with this mess the franchise has turned into.

Sorry posters I disagree whole heartedly, if you love this team then stand up for them no matter what.  Home games are an advantage for a reason & players feed off the energy we create!  If you love this team & went to this game to set on your hands just because we are underachieving then shame on you!  Maybe the changes need to start with loyal season ticket holders first!!!  Rise up COLTS NATION & PROTECT OUR HOUSE!  Embarrassed by the reactions to this post & taken personally!  Don't be band wagon fans INDY

3 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

Sorry posters I disagree whole heartedly, if you love this team then stand up for them no matter what.  Home games are an advantage for a reason & players feed off the energy we create!  If you love this team & went to this game to set on your hands just because we are underachieving then shame on you!  Maybe the changes need to start with loyal season ticket holders first!!!  Rise up COLTS NATION & PROTECT OUR HOUSE!  Embarrassed by the reactions to this post & taken personally!  Don't be band wagon fans INDY

Then put your money where your mouth is and become a STH.  

Whatever man.

There have been many many many times that LOS has been rocking, could probably hear it from miles away even with the roof closed, and the Defense still gives up a first down when it's 3rd and (insert whatever yardage you want).  

You occasional fans that show up every great now and then and try to tell anybody how they should act during a game is an embarrassment.  Maybe you should become a STH yourself so you can do your part to PROTECT OUR HOUSE.

Get over yourself

4 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

Ok High School

The replies to this post make me sick, what ever happened to the BLUE CREW fans that used to run the RCA Dome?  REAL fans not a bunch of spoiled rich Indy lads who have NO APPRECIATION of this franchise or the game 

11 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

Okay, I'm not a bandwagon fan, and i doubt the other people commenting on this thread are either.  I've watched almost every game since the team moved here from Baltimore.  However, I am careful with how I spend my money, as are a lot of people.  I'll still support from my couch, even when I don't make it to a game.  I still wear my Colts merchandise as well, even during bad seasons.  I can't blame people not wanting to shovel out hundreds or thousands of dollars for season tickets with the product that is being put out on the field right now.  It has nothing to do with being a "band wagon fan".

The replies to this post make me sick, what ever happened to the BLUE CREW fans that used to run the RCA Dome?  REAL fans not a bunch of spoiled rich Indy lads who have NO APPRECIATION of this franchise or the game 

There wasn't much to cheer about in the first half.   4 straight three and outs in a meaningless game.  

Also, I resent being called a "spoiled rich Indy lad", as you have no idea where I or anyone else on this board comes from.  Highly judgmental and pretentious of you to say.

You're a "real fan"?  How original.

I apologize for my anger just want LOS to be the toughest venue to play in, just like Bill Polian said during his speech!  To be a tough venue starts with loudness on any down the defense is on the field, not just 3rd down.  SHOOT, I can't get the crowd to stand up on 3rd down let alone 1st & 2nd?  Didn't mean to call you all out but in order to be a force at home, it starts with US.

Unless you're gonna pay me, or anyone else for that matter, to do whatever you want done, you can just * right off because you have no right to be making demands or placing expectations on anyone.

There's no rule against anything you've come here to whine about.

in order to be a force at home, it starts with US.

Let me just stop you right there. It doesn't matter if 63,000 people set themselves on fire and started a damn mosh pit.

It starts with good play on the field. It ends with good play on the field. It goes no further than good play on the field.

Unless a meteor hits the building and stops our defense from letting teams put up almost 400 yards a game the rest of whatever is entirely irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Crowd also booed their a**** at halftime. I'm glad they did and I'm glad they were quite too. Don't blindly cheer cause you love them when the product sucks let them know. 

It felt like the fans were just waiting to boo.  I was just waiting for it.

1 hour ago, NDcolt said:

No he isn't cause he still keeps confidence in losers.

23 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Let me just stop you right there. It doesn't matter if 63,000 people set themselves on fire and started a damn mosh pit.

It starts with good play on the field. It ends with good play on the field. It goes no further than good play on the field.

Unless a meteor hits the building and stops our defense from letting teams put up almost 400 yards a game the rest of whatever is entirely irrelevant.

You telling me teams like Seattle, don't benefit from their crowd being loud?  Why is it on 3rd down when the crowd gets loud you usually see domination from the D?  It pumps them up to manhandle their opponent.  Does it work every time, NO but it's a start.

2 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

In the NFL, there's such a thing as Home Field Advantage!  In the last 2 yrs we lost way too many games at home & that starts with the home crowd wether you believe this or not.  Rise up LOS

They aren't losing because of the crowd.

33 minutes ago, NDcolt said:

In the NFL, there's such a thing as Home Field Advantage!  In the last 2 yrs we lost way too many games at home & that starts with the home crowd wether you believe this or not.  Rise up LOS

You are making a ridiculous argument. You can have crazy fans and still not be very good. Listen to your self. Here is a fact if you don't have good players you are not going to win because you have loud fans. Come on man.

The Raiders are back in the playoffs because the fan base is back??? It has nothing to do with 7 pro bowl players?  Using your logic they could take Carr Cooper Mack and Nelson from the field stick them in the stands cheering and they'd impact the game. Raiders Win not likely 

FYI We lost too many games at home the last 2 years because we lost in the trenches not in the stands. You didn't have a very good  experience because you picked the final game of the season vs Jags. Be thankful you were able to see Luck play.