19colt

Who is the MVP?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the 2016 MVP?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think any team relies on their QB more than the Falcons do Ryan. His numbers aren't just better but better by a pretty big margin. He plays on a team with a bad defense (in the upper 20's in most categories) that requires him to play really well for them to win. Take Ryan away and that team probably doesn't make the playoffs.

I think it could be argued that Zeke plays with an offensive line good enough to give any good running back a great season. He is having a fantastic year but taking "most valuable" literally would suggest Ryan is a little moreso than Elliot. I would say Ryan at this point and can't understand why he is behind Elliot/Brady and Carr in the latest rankings via ESPN. 

34 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Rodgers, Carr will have imo but only because of his injury and I want to say Stafford but I could be wrong about that. Logically you would eliminate them to. 

I don't think rodgers or care should even be in the discussion this year

i think its Elliot but it depends on how you define mvp

to me its mostly about production, whoever has the best year should win it.   that doesnt necessarily mean most valuable. 

if it were truly most valuable then andrew luck should have a few by now

On 12/22/2016 at 8:34 PM, VocableLoki said:

I don't think any team relies on their QB more than the Falcons do Ryan. His numbers aren't just better but better by a pretty big margin. He plays on a team with a bad defense (in the upper 20's in most categories) that requires him to play really well for them to win. Take Ryan away and that team probably doesn't make the playoffs.

I think it could be argued that Zeke plays with an offensive line good enough to give any good running back a great season. He is having a fantastic year but taking "most valuable" literally would suggest Ryan is a little moreso than Elliot. I would say Ryan at this point and can't understand why he is behind Elliot/Brady and Carr in the latest rankings via ESPN. 

The Colts rely on luck more then any other team 

On 12/22/2016 at 8:34 PM, VocableLoki said:

I don't think any team winning relies on their QB more than the Falcons do Ryan. His numbers aren't just better but better by a pretty big margin. He plays on a team with a bad defense (in the upper 20's in most categories) that requires him to play really well for them to win. Take Ryan away and that team probably doesn't make the playoffs.

Fixed for Colts Fan.

It really is the Cowboys OL. I can't believe the media isn't atleast joking about it like they were Peyton in 2011.

On 12/23/2016 at 0:51 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Brady will probably win it. If they finish 14-2 and get HFA I can see that.

Matt Ryan may also end up with a 1st round bye next week and the best numbers, even when you consider per game averages. 

Rodgers has put his team on his back and may win his division. Incredible when you consider where they were vs Indy. 

Only way Brady deserves it, with his ridiculous abundance of support, is if BOTH of these guys lose next week and he carves up Miami to end their playoff hopes. 

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Should be Bell I'd take Johnson too but his team isn't good so they won't give him I'm any attention. Beady in no way deserves MVP

Well MVP isn't so much about who is needed by thier teams much anymore it's been about statistics and Brady would be near the top 3 despite missing 4 games 

Elliott is the No.1 rusher (1,551 yards and 13 Tds  in 14 games) in the NFL and he's played every game for a team with the NFL's best record.

Dallas had the same O-line last year didn't they?  Who was their leading rusher?

You don't even want to get into the 35 pass receptions for 351 yards.

In the interest of full disclosure....I didn't think he'd be this good. I had to be convinced.

I'm convinced.

If Elliott wasnt a rookie, there would be little debate here

its about stats and winning so it comes down to brady and elliot

brady has the stats to get it, and there is nothing that says he cant win because of the suspension

elliot could steal it with another big game or two, but dallas has nothing to play for and its not like he needs a bunch of snaps to stay sharp. 

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Tom Brady is eliminated because he missed 4 games and Elliott didnt

not officially he isnt

there doesnt seem to be much criteria at all really.  the voters can make it about what ever they want it to be

zeke has a shot at it, i bet he wins if he gets the rookie rushing record

Unless Denver makes a great comeback, how many playoff teams has Tom Brady defeated this season?

1 and it was without Big Ben. 

He has the number one defense and his team went 3-1 without him. They go 4-0 of Garopollo stays healthy.

I am puzzled that people on a Colts forum can say he is more valuable this season than Ryan and Rodgers who are carrying their teams to the playoffs. We may be able Stafford to that list and a good case is being made here for Elliot as well. 

As of right now, my vote is for Ezekiel Elliot.   He has been very exciting to watch, and very valuable to his team.

Not a fan of Brady winning it.   As I have stated before,  I don't even understand how someone who was suspended for 4 games for breaking NFL rules would even be considered for MVP.   Just my 2 cents.

On 12/25/2016 at 8:00 PM, oldunclemark said:

Elliott is the No.1 rusher (1,551 yards and 13 Tds  in 14 games) in the NFL and he's played every game for a team with the NFL's best record.

Dallas had the same O-line last year didn't they?  Who was their leading rusher?

You don't even want to get into the 35 pass receptions for 351 yards.

In the interest of full disclosure....I didn't think he'd be this good. I had to be convinced.

I'm convinced.

If Elliott wasnt a rookie, there would be little debate here

The question was this year not last year

59 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Zeke is earning my vote now. Has a rookie ever won MVP before?

Yeah, I, too, think it should be him.

He sure is fun to watch.  I wish he was on our team.

I'm not sure, but I don't recall a rookie ever winning this award.

29 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Yeah, I, too, think it should be him.

He sure is fun to watch.  I wish he was on our team.

I'm not sure, but I don't recall a rookie ever winning this award.

If Zeke sits the last game and Matt Ryan out duels Drew Brees in a thumping fashion, Matt might finally get consideration, IMO.

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 7:20 PM, aaron11 said:

not officially he isnt

there doesnt seem to be much criteria at all really.  the voters can make it about what ever they want it to be

zeke has a shot at it, i bet he wins if he gets the rookie rushing record

To me, Brady is eliminated.....

,.and if this is a serious award...you cat take a guy with lesser numbers than Rodgers or Carr  on the 'logic' that...'Well, if he hadnt been suspended for misconduct, he'd have done better'!!!

NE won without him

There's no real arguement for Brady except that he's Tom Brady

The point, as you already know, is.

You cant diminish what Elliot is doing by saying he's running behind a good line.

Stay with us here, BC..

That line's been there...and those numbers haven't been posted

What Elliot is doing is 'him', not the line

Zeke Elliott hasn't been stopped. He wasn't suspended...or hurt for games

His rushing yards are No,1 in the NFL.......this year...no one has stopped him

The question: How can players without elite number totals  even be considered?