• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Is this now like a Red Sox curse thing? 

Do we need to bury DA at the Devil's crossroad after midnight? I think you'd have plenty of willing volunteers from here :lol:

I don't know I heard if you stare into DA's eyes, one turns to stone.  You might want to be careful attempting to bury him at Devil's Crossroad.

Just now, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Thats a gambler's folly though. the fact is that we did score that many points and there's 0 reason why we can't score another 21 points this half. Not complaining but just pointing out an interesting thing. 

Nor is there any reason why we should score another 21 points... 

It's not a really a gamblers folly at all. Gamblers folly would be expecting previous independent trials to affect future trials. A series of football plays aren't independent trials necessarily. 

I'm actually supporting your point more by pointing that out.

4 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Thats a gambler's folly though. the fact is that we did score that many points and there's 0 reason why we can't score another 21 points this half. Not complaining but just pointing out an interesting thing. 

I agree that we can score another 21, but using that same logic, since we scored a TD on the first drive of the game, we can score a TD on every drive of every game.  You gotta be realistic with what you expect

3 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Nor is there any reason why we should score another 21 points... 

It's not a really a gamblers folly at all. Gamblers folly would be expecting previous independent trials to affect future trials. A series of football plays aren't independent trials necessarily. 

I'm actually supporting your point more by pointing that out.

The folley/fallacy is Superman's stating that most teams don't score 42 points in a game and thus we probably won't score another 21 this half... 

When Allen dropped the pass and Vinatieri missed the FG, you knew it was going to happen.  This team, under Chuck, is absolutely incapable of playing a complete game.  Hell, they even tried to give the game back to us with the fake punt, but we wouldn't take it . 

2 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I agree that we can score another 21, but using that same logic, since we scored a TD on the first drive of the game, we can score a TD on every drive of every game.  You gotta be realistic with what you expect

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying the opposite though. Say we average 28 points a game, right? Well just because we scored 21 in the first half doesn't mean we're only going to score 7 this half. You'd like to see one of those 40 point games that balance out the Crap we pulled against the Chiefs 

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying the opposite though. Say we average 28 points a game, right? Well just because we scored 21 in the first half doesn't mean we're only going to score 7 this half. You'd like to see one of those 40 point games that balance out the Crap we pulled against the Chiefs 

Yes, but teams don't usually put up 40+ points in a game, so it doesn't make sense to expect it, even if we had a great start