Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I just wish he would get rid of the ball faster. I could be wrong but does he hold the ball longer than most qbs? Seems like Peyton and Tom know where they want to go with the ball most plays before they even snap it. We just don't have the line to hold the ball and survey a field.

 

 

His receivers couldn't get separation all day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

I wish Luck was more like Brady with the offensive line. Every time Brady gets hit he screams at them and they respond well. We won't be anything until pass rush and offensive line is fixed.

Yes but Brady's OL is put in a position to succeed due to their play calling. Luck's isn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I just wish he would get rid of the ball faster. I could be wrong but does he hold the ball longer than most qbs? Seems like Peyton and Tom know where they want to go with the ball most plays before they even snap it. We just don't have the line to hold the ball and survey a field.

He does sometimes hold the ball too long but that was not the problem today. He was getting hit before he had the ball for 3 seconds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

He does sometimes hold the ball too long but that was not the problem today. He was getting hit before he had the ball for 3 seconds. 

Especially when they are only rushing 3, just can't give him no time with 3 rushing and 8 covering.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

 

 

His receivers couldn't get separation all day. 

Peyton ran such a simple offense yet it was almost impossible to defend once they changed the rules of defensive PI and illegal contact. Sometimes I just wonder if we are trying to do too much with these players. Luck included. He is a physical specimen and very very good but he isn't some football savant. We just don't have the players to execute what we are trying to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, will426 said:

"Might boil over" isn't  good enough we need it to happen now I hate how he tolerates that lack of effort by his oline and recievers 

It doesn't do anyone any good for him to tell the media how the roster is complete garbage, the coaching staff is in beyond their heads, the GM wouldn't know offensive line talent if it stood right in front of him, and the owner is happy with the people he has around him.  Everyone knows the problems, but it does no good to air it to the media

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OHColtfan said:

Especially when they are only rushing 3, just can't give him no time with 3 rushing and 8 covering.

With the pathetic pass rush we have sometimes I wonder if we shouldn't do that too. Not like we are getting to the qb anyways.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

 
Yeah all 3 for me, I'm not a die hard Cubs fan at all but I'm pulling for them.  I don't really dislike the Indians though.  Tough weekend indeed!

No doubt. Pulling for them tonight...we will see 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

 

 

Or our play book/play calling just isn't good enough.

 

I think a lot of it does have to do with play calling.  It's still a very PEP-like offense, they don't seem to change or adjust to the team they're playing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

It doesn't do anyone any good for him to tell the media how the roster is complete garbage, the coaching staff is in beyond their heads, the GM wouldn't know offensive line talent if it stood right in front of him, and the owner is happy with the people he has around him.  Everyone knows the problems, but it does no good to air it to the media

As much as I hate the whole turmoil in the team thing. Maybe Irsay would actually take some notice. The fans have screamed and he signs the guys to new contracts. The media rakes Grigson over the coals and he says we easily could be 6-0, etc. Maybe if his franchise QB, the leader of our team, would say something, he might take notice..... then again he would probably just keep talking about how this is a long-term strategy, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

It doesn't do anyone any good for him to tell the media how the roster is complete garbage, the coaching staff is in beyond their heads, the GM wouldn't know offensive line talent if it stood right in front of him, and the owner is happy with the people he has around him.  Everyone knows the problems, but it does no good to air it to the media

I honestly think the OL will get better. It is so young...rookies that haven't had even a whole year of NFL experience. Last year they were playing against 18-20 year olds. Now they are playing elite grown men. Let them mature and get stronger...a lot stronger. Maybe just maybe we get a left tackle in FA and move Costonzo to RT or Clark developes next offseason. Haeg moves inside maybe? They are a long way from being good but man they have stepped in and played right away and that isn't fair of mid rd guys.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Malakai432 said:

Well it was a great weekend for sports if your either a -

1. Cubs fan

2. Colts fan

3. Pacers fan

 

Or all of the above, lol.

Pacers will get it together despite the tough start. I mean they don't have the roster depth to make a title run but they will get it together to the point that they are a top team in the East. Cubs are done. Colts are done.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Pacers will get it together despite the tough start. I mean they don't have the roster depth to make a title run but they will get it together to the point that they are a top team in the East. Cubs are done. Colts are done.

 

 

Yeah I agree. 

 

4 minutes ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I'm a Bulls and Sox Fan. Glad to see the Cubbies go down in flames @ Wrigleyville. So 2 of the 3 outcomes were fine to me

 

:thmup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Irsay probably thinks we are like 7 and 0. With his comments how we could be undefeated it makes me wonder if he even watches the game up in his booth or just let's grigson and pagano tell him a complete fabrication.

 

Hes in his own world to put it mildly

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly didn't even watch the game because I have been on the road traveling, now in my hotel. I guess I didn't miss much. Lost 30-14. Once we lost that Houston game it kind of screwed us anyway. I see Brock and his boys beat the Lions as well. To the people that want us to lose and get a high Draft pick you may get your wish.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...