Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots cut Jonathan Cooper

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots on Saturday waived guard Jonathan Cooper, who fell from from the starting lineup with a foot injury a few days into training camp.

The No. 7 overall pick in the 2013 draft, Cooper had been acquired as part of the Patriots' March trade with the Arizona Cardinals in which New England swapped defensive end Chandler Jones for Cooper and a second-round draft choice.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17745631/jonathan-cooper-released-new-england-patriots

Was a high draft pick     Could be a consideration?

32 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

Yeah cause our team has shown an ability to rehab offensive line players with any talent. :facepalm:

What happened in the past is irrelevant since we now have a new OL coach and offensive coordinator.  But thanks for raining more negativity on yet another thread. 

jesus_facepalm.jpg

Gotta say that Bill B don't give a care about optics. I mean if your not doing your job your gone. Wish we had that kind of culture around here. Chandler causing problems he's gone for a guy that didn't even make it a quarter of the season. That's a tight ship he runs.

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

It doesn't hurt to at least bring him in for a look and at kick the tires....

The worst that happens is we don't sign him and he moves on.....

But with a good OL coach like Philbin,  I'd at least bring him in for a look.....

If he couldn't cut it with Dante Scarnecchia......

42 minutes ago, BOTT said:

If he couldn't cut it with Dante Scarnecchia......

I know.....     It's a very good and fair point to raise.

But sometimes a player works better with a different coach.    The two coaches might say the exact same thing.       A player hears one voice and it doesn't click.     He hears another voice and suddenly it all makes sense.

Besides,  I'm not talking about signing him.....     just bring him in and let Philbin and Hunter work with him.   See if the light goes on.        It doesn't cost us anything but a plane ticket.

I figure it couldn't hurt....      I'm not expecting anything,   only making sure we explore every possibility.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know.....     It's a very good and fair point to raise.

But sometimes a player works better with a different coach.    The two coaches might say the exact same thing.       A player hears one voice and it doesn't click.     He hears another voice and suddenly it all makes sense.

Besides,  I'm not talking about signing him.....     just bring him in and let Philbin and Hunter work with him.   See if the light goes on.        It doesn't cost us anything but a plane ticket.

I figure it couldn't hurt....      I'm not expecting anything,   only making sure we explore every possibility.

I would be for kicking the tires on him, nothing to lose, but the Browns picked him up.