Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ryan Grigson complaints (merge)

danlhart87

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 8:57 PM, SupermanLuck12 said:

Irsay made a huge mistake by bring both Pagano and Grigson back. This team needs a change or Luck will never win a ring.

I could only imagine what this team would look like under B.A.

Well it seems that B.A. is 1-3 just like Pagano.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well it seems that B.A. is 1-3 just like Pagano.

I know but people ignore that for some reason and Arizona has way more talent than we do. Big bad Ronny Rivera is another one that is 1-3 with the greatest QB of all-time in Cam Newton and a Great Defense. Funny how people crap on Chuck but think these other Coaches are kings??

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know but people ignore that for some reason and Arizona has way more talent than we do. Big bad Ronny Rivera is another one that is 1-3 with the greatest QB of all-time in Cam Newton and a Great Defense. Funny how people crap on Chuck but think these other Coaches are kings??

When I say greatest QB of all-time in Cam Newton I am just going by how the media acts - he's Superman haha!! @crazy I know you know I was being sarcastic with that comment but many may not.

7 hours ago, Rodney Johnson said:

Grigson has put together the worst talent in the NFL. He should be fired immediately. Can some body call Polian to get this fixed, please

I guess you wasn't a Colt fan Polian's last few years here. Over paying and cap space hades. No to mention an even worse drafts that what you are accusing Grigson of.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess you wasn't a Colt fan Polian's last few years here. Over paying and cap space hades. No to mention an even worse drafts that what you are accusing Grigson of.

I know I loved Polian (in his prime) but he stunk in his last 2 to 3 seasons with his draft picks and running the team.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know I loved Polian (in his prime) but he stunk in his last 2 to 3 seasons with his draft picks and running the team.

I couldn't agree any more. He was great when he became the Colts GM. What too many fail to realize it took the Colts nine years to make a super bowl.  If you look at the records Grigson has a better start in his first 4 years than Polian did. I have no clue as to how this all turns out but crucifying Grigson at this time when his record is better than Polian's was is pretty narrow minded IMO. Polian got a get out of jail free card just because of who he was. For a rookie GM Grigson hasn't been near as bad as some claim. Grigson didn't win GM of the year his rookie year just for drafting Luck either. To make that excuse is even being more narrow minded IMO.

The problem with Polian (Bill) is that he tries to force his son upon the organization. Chris Polian was primarily responsible for the poor drafts of the last 2-3 years of the Polian era here. If not for that fact, I would bring Bill back in a heartbeat. We need an experienced GM who can build a strong roster through the draft.

Grigson's drafts are looking worse by the season. I almost can't even credit him for his first draft anymore. I remember Cordy Glenn being available right before the Fleener pick and I was livid when we passed on him. Now, Luck, Hilton and Moncrief are the only players on this roster that I would say were great draft picks at the time. Everyone else is average-to-below average. You just can't pair a poor roster with a guy who can't even scheme his way out of a paper bag. Pagano isn't the type to coach up players. X's ans O's are obviously not his forte 

In 2013 a lot of us wanted to draft Xavier Rhodes and instead we got Bjoern Werner. After Xavier Rhodes gave up 23 yards to ODB, I think it's clear, Ryan Grigson made the right pick. Ryan Grigson is the greatest GM of all time, and was completely worthy of his contract extension. Anyone who questions the Almighty Grigson doesn't know what they're talking about. Also, anyone who's ever criticized the coaching staff should also eat crow, including myself. In 2012 I wanted to see Mike Zimmer become the head coach of the Colts, but I have since been proven wrong. The guy lost his all pro RB and his starting QB and he still only manages to start out 4-0....absolutely terrible. 

We fans don't know anything, only the people who get paid to do the job. 

6 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

In 2013 a lot of us wanted to draft Xavier Rhodes and instead we got Bjoern Werner. After Xavier Rhodes gave up 23 yards to ODB, I think it's clear, Ryan Grigson made the right pick. Ryan Grigson is the greatest GM of all time, and was completely worthy of his contract extension. Anyone who questions the Almighty Grigson doesn't know what they're talking about. Also, anyone who's ever criticized the coaching staff should also eat crow, including myself. In 2012 I wanted to see Mike Zimmer become the head coach of the Colts, but I have since been proven wrong. The guy lost his all pro RB and his starting QB and he still only manages to start out 4-0....absolutely terrible. 

I forgot Zimmer was an option when we hired Pagano. That was a miss of epic proportions. I wanted Xavier too, we all knew Werner wasn't a fit. The reason we didn't draft him though is because we got Vontae. No excuse for how bad the team currently is. It'll probably only change once the head is cut off (pagano and grigson).

9 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

Great job sir bravo I really wish I could like your post more. Grigson is a damn dingbat that obviously don't know * when it comes to building a football team. But just wait all of his dumb relatives will be in here soon to defend him. 

23 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

:lol:

I love it when facts are slanted to make a point.

Perhaps Grigs should have gone 5 and 11 and 7 and 9 his first two years.....and also didn't have be handcuffed by spending the first overall pick in the draft AND $100 million dollars just for one player.  And claiming that the Vikes 4 and 0 record is amazing despite losing AP and Bridgewater is simply nonsense.  AP is not as dominant and Bradford is just as good as bridgewater.  Not disputing that I would rather have Rhodes and Zimmer, but some of the statements are just facts chosen to support an opinion, rather than an opinion being based on facts.

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Perhaps Grigs should have gone 5 and 11 and 7 and 9 his first two years.....and also didn't have be handcuffed by spending the first overall pick in the draft AND $100 million dollars just for one player.  And claiming that the Vikes 4 and 0 record is amazing despite losing AP and Bridgewater is simply nonsense.  AP is not as dominant and Bradford is just as good as bridgewater.  Not disputing that I would rather have Rhodes and Zimmer, but some of the statements are just facts chosen to support an opinion, rather than an opinion being based on facts.

This guy 

1 hour ago, The Peytonator said:

agreed, that's why they make the big bucks

51 minutes ago, DougDew said:

The facts support my opinion, and my opinion is supported by facts. I believe Grigson sucks (opinion), Grigson has made a ton of blunders throughout his career (fact). The guy has had like 5 successful draft picks. I don't even know if we can include Dwayne Allen as a success anymore. His free agency has been laughable, and his best free agent acquisition was Cory Redding. Amazing for a guy who's spent over $100 million on FAs. He made a good trade though in getting Vontae. I'll give him a point for that one. He's also solid at scouting WRs for some reason. 

Also what the hell are you talking about with Mike Zimmer? His first year with the Vikes he went 7-9 with a rookie QB, improving from the prior year with Leslie Frazier. The next year, 2015, he went 11-5 and won the NFC North. Now he's 4-0 and the Vikes look like a legitimate SB contender. Also, what part of having the opportunity to draft Andrew Luck, this generation's supposed John Elway, handcuffs a GM? The Colts rebuild was a dream job. Cutting the overpayed vets from the Polian regime was a part of it, and then he had the opportunity to mold the roster into what he wants. Apparently this last place in the worst division in football position is what they envisioned. 

They really don't get it Grigson or Pagano!!! I just listened to the first 20 minutes of the Colts roundtable audio w/Bob Lamey interviewing Grigson and Pagano they both mentioned shooting ourselves in the foot, the penalties, the missed tackles and of course the dropped passes among many other issues this team has but neither on mentioned the SIX SACKS Andrew Luck endured!! What will it take to get these guys heads out of their butts, wake up and smell the coffee and quit saying all the cliches that are just soundbites that anybody that ever watched a game in their life could come up with. I've been a fan for 50 years and I'm just sick to my stomach with both of these toothless guys that promised a "Monster" and delivered a "Turd". FIRE THEM NOW!!!
Thanks, I needed that....whew. Where's the Tylenol...it's just Tuesday.

Meat eaters or vegetarians, Feast or Famine, This team looks very bulimic to me.  Seems we always let the better players get away and keep the ones that shouldn't have been there in the first place (Marshall Faulk). When you don't want to pay anyone this is what you get. Everyone looks like their there just to get a check, and do as lil as possible make it. They all look like "DONT HURT ME" and I'll let you go by

Anyone watching NFLN right now? Reggie Wayne was just asked if he thought Luck was being given a pass regarding the Colts woes and he told it like it was. He said Luck was a good QB and that he (Wayne) feels that the problems lie with the front office decisions on draft picks and recent trades that haven't measured up.

I know these revelations :) aren't news to anyone but it's interesting coming from Reggie.

There's definitely articles starting to pop up over our supposed dysfunctional roster and on field play.

Honestly, their fate is completely in their own hands. Jim said tied at the hip for them two. This thing goes down fast and/or ugly, they're gone.

18 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

The facts support my opinion, and my opinion is supported by facts. I believe Grigson sucks (opinion), Grigson has made a ton of blunders throughout his career (fact). The guy has had like 5 successful draft picks. I don't even know if we can include Dwayne Allen as a success anymore. His free agency has been laughable, and his best free agent acquisition was Cory Redding. Amazing for a guy who's spent over $100 million on FAs. He made a good trade though in getting Vontae. I'll give him a point for that one. He's also solid at scouting WRs for some reason. 

Also what the hell are you talking about with Mike Zimmer? His first year with the Vikes he went 7-9 with a rookie QB, improving from the prior year with Leslie Frazier. The next year, 2015, he went 11-5 and won the NFC North. Now he's 4-0 and the Vikes look like a legitimate SB contender. Also, what part of having the opportunity to draft Andrew Luck, this generation's supposed John Elway, handcuffs a GM? The Colts rebuild was a dream job. Cutting the overpayed vets from the Polian regime was a part of it, and then he had the opportunity to mold the roster into what he wants. Apparently this last place in the worst division in football position is what they envisioned. 

I took your OP's criticism of Grigson was his inability to build a roster around Luck.  In building a team with 22 starters and 53 total, one player costing the first pick in the draft (as opposed to the number of players he could have gotten if traded) and $100 million soaks up a lot of resources that could have been spent on other players.

Bridgewater is playing at a high level compared to the 32nd pick and small rookie contract he costs. 

The Vikes essentially have taken the value of 31 1st round draft slots and $95 million to build a better roster than the Colts....and you're comparing Grigson's performance with what he had to work with, with what the Vikes have had to work with straight up.  Its unreasonable.

IOW, in order to have the same resources as the Vikes, Grigson would have to have not drafted Luck or resigned him.  Is that what you want?  Myself, I'm undecided frankly.

Agreed on Zimmer.  I would have much preferred him over Pagano.  BTW, Zimmer was passed up for a HC quite a bit by other teams before he was finally hired by the Vikes.  Why teams passed on him is anybody's guess.

Those protecting Grigs are in their own world. Granted he was handcuffed at the beginning, but to say he hasn't had money since his first year to improve the roster are crazy. 

Maybe those Ricky Jean and Laron contracts are why there's less money now and bad play on the field.

After a promising start he's been terrible, no other way to look at it for me.

On 10/3/2016 at 7:16 PM, Colts6669 said:

Contact extension!

Lord help our Colts. I've been patient and somewhat quiet when it comes to Grigson. No more. He's had 4 full years to fix the o-line and still hasn't. He's had 4 full years to get a semi-decent D and hasn't. I'm as patient as they come, but enough is enough. I say get rid of him in spite of the contract and try again.

I'm still going to cheer on Sundays for my Colts, but I'm also going to cheer to kick Grigson's butt out the door.

6 hours ago, IinD said:

Those protecting Grigs are in their own world. Granted he was handcuffed at the beginning, but to say he hasn't had money since his first year to improve the roster are crazy. 

Maybe those Ricky Jean and Laron contracts are why there's less money now and bad play on the field.

After a promising start he's been terrible, no other way to look at it for me.

I completely agree. 4 years is more than enough time to build a solid team. If the Colts turn it around and they make the playoffs, I'll eat my words. But I don't see it as of now.

1 hour ago, ColtStrong said:

I completely agree. 4 years is more than enough time to build a solid team. If the Colts turn it around and they make the playoffs, I'll eat my words. But I don't see it as of now.

It took the HOF GM Polian 6 years to win a playoff game and another 3 years to reach a super bowl.

But we know that Grigson has no get out of jail card like a hall of famer.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:23 AM, HBA2 said:

The problem with Polian (Bill) is that he tries to force his son upon the organization. Chris Polian was primarily responsible for the poor drafts of the last 2-3 years of the Polian era here. If not for that fact, I would bring Bill back in a heartbeat. We need an experienced GM who can build a strong roster through the draft.

Grigson's drafts are looking worse by the season. I almost can't even credit him for his first draft anymore. I remember Cordy Glenn being available right before the Fleener pick and I was livid when we passed on him. Now, Luck, Hilton and Moncrief are the only players on this roster that I would say were great draft picks at the time. Everyone else is average-to-below average. You just can't pair a poor roster with a guy who can't even scheme his way out of a paper bag. Pagano isn't the type to coach up players. X's ans O's are obviously not his forte 

I concur

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Although he's a media guy (Kurt Warner) now I've always felt like he knows football and is fairly honest.

JMO, but I feel we're gonna look back in several years and realize we squandered many possible opportunities because of Pags and Grigs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000716079/article/kurt-warner-colts-asking-too-much-from-andrew-luck

Yeah before the season Kurt picked us to win the Division too, one of a few that did. We still can but at 1-3 not looking good.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am ready to find out if we are truly a Bad team, these next 3 games coming up will show me = Bears, at Texans, and at Titans. If we cant win those 3 than we are Bad. Nothing against the Texans but without Watt we should find a way to win if we are any Good at all. If we lose the Bears or Titans than we are Bad.

Right there with you. 

I was excited we beat SD, but it was an ugly win/almost loss deal.

The disheartened fans like myself see early results of a bad looking team. I can't see how we'll improve much when we don't have much talent and most can't even stay on the field. 

Not a recipe for gradual upward improvement.

I'm dying to be positive, but this team just feels like a total write off. No identity, seems like no direction, who's even leading it (Chuck/GM/Owner)? 

Hoping for a winning record, but as of just today I don't see it, no crystal ball of course. I'm also waiting for our yearly beatdowns.

I think its going to unravel badly heading into December through bad coaching/play and Jim will make a change.

Our Colts have had many tough seasons & some really awesome ones thats life in the NFL .

What makes winning so special is the knowledge that it is not as easy as many think

.Our bandwagon has been full during the good years with some not understanding the history of our Indianapolis Colts its not always been easy & this year is just a reminder & eye opener of what its like to believe in the blue is more than just 4 words its being a fan during the high moments as well as the low moments .

I have no doubt the Colts will rebound this is not our first rodeo . I suggest that folks remember Tony Dungy he stayed the course with a even keel not to high not to low is was the anchor as are us who call ourselves fans , Its okay to not be happy just remember not to give up just believe things will get better & when the winning starts it will be that more precious & not to be taken for granted .

:hat:

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:23 AM, HBA2 said:

I concur