Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Henry Anderson close to returning?

PeterBowman

23 minutes ago, krunk said:

When the final cuts are made I'm interested to see if Grigson can find another good young player or two off the waiver wire like he did with TY McGill and Billy Winn last year.

Winn was acquired in a trade. :)

8 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Winn was acquired in a trade. :)

I stand corrected on that, but in general I just want to see if he can find another good young player. There's going to be some good ones cut from other teams when everybody assembles their final 53

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I stand corrected on that, but in general I just want to see if he can find another good young player. There's going to be some good ones cut from other teams when everybody assembles their final 53

oh yeah absolutely.  There definitely should be a few good players that get cut as part of a numbers game, so hopefully we can get some improved depth at a few positions at that time. :)

But hey, I've no problem with a trade or two either, not necessarily anything dramatic, but something just like the trade for Winn.  

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think so too. Case in point, I don't know how Seattle or KC can keep all those running backs 

Just now, Jason_S said:

oh yeah absolutely.  There definitely should be a few good players that get cut as part of a numbers game, so hopefully we can get some improved depth at a few positions at that time. :)

There should be some good ones out there.  Specifically looking at the D Line and Pass Rusher areas.  Or maybe even a running back.

Just now, krunk said:

There should be some good ones out there.  Specifically looking at the D Line and Pass Rusher areas.  Or maybe even a running back.

Yeah I'd be on the lookout for those positions as well as WR, TE and ILB.  Maybe even CB depending on how the bottom depth chart guys look to be doing by that time.

3 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Yeah I'd be on the lookout for those positions as well as WR, TE and ILB.  Maybe even CB depending on how the bottom depth chart guys look to be doing by that time.

The Pats have a young guy that seems to be performing well at TE named AJ Derby and it doesn't seem they have much room to keep him.  He's from Arkansas and you know our RB coach is from Arkansas as well so I'm sure he could be on our radar.  Stuff like that.

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

Exactly what I had on my mind!

I still think we should have snatched  Christine Michael up last year when he was on the waiver wire a couple times. It will be interesting to see if either him or Rawls is the starter going forward for them.

1 minute ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I still think we should have snatched  Christine Michael up last year when he was on the waiver wire a couple times. It will be interesting to see if either him or Rawls is the starter going forward for them.

I thought about him more after we switched to the zone scheme.  And especially with us having Turbin. 

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry.

I assume you're talking about me insulting someone else.      I appreciate that you took it that way,  but that's not my intent.

My intent is have the poster take a minute and put a little thought into it so those of us who read his post can understand his meaning.      I don't think I'm asking for much.

I typically make this post about once a year.    A fan makes a post with a gigantic run-on sentence.     I try to turn it into English to the poster can realize how different his post looks with a little punctuation.     In my own weird way,  I'm trying to be helpful.

I like reading what people post here.....     but those kind of posts (and they don't happen too often)  drive me a little crazy.       It's just simple English.     That shouldn't be asking too much.

I understand what you are saying, but not for nothing, your punctuation choices are hardly traditional or stylistically correct. An ellipse has three periods (...), not like 5 as you use. Also, one space or two spaces is standard after a sentence, not like a tab. Carry on with your odd punctuation but perhaps think about that before you start getting all over others for their grammar, etc. 

3 hours ago, Jason_S said:

But just arbitrarily saying "hey let's keep him out until suchandsuch time" is not going to do him any good.  Once he's ready, he should be on the field.  Not a moment sooner of course, but also not later either.

Agreed all the way around. However, as the co-chair of the "Take It Slow Foundation", I would like to say that there's still a lot of evaluation that has to be made. And because of the strict IR rules, a lot of that evaluation can't be made until he's off of PUP. He can't be in any contact drills, as far as I understand. 

So something we always hear Pagano talking about with linemen -- 'until he has 650, 700 pounds, leaning on him, we don't know how he's going to do' -- can't be evaluated until he's activated. I would like for them to put him on a gradual process, even after he's activated, with time to see how his body responds to contact drills and practices, before he even goes full speed in practice. JMO, not a medical professional, not a coach, not even able to watch any practices, so I don't know anything, but the "Take It Slow Foundation" would much rather miss Anderson in September and even October than have him suffer a serious setback and lose another year. I don't expect him back to 100% -- Jets game status -- until 2017 anyways.

Once he's ready to be activated, that will be a joyous day. I'm just saying that doesn't mean he's "back" yet, and I hope they evaluate him carefully. I'm sure they will. 

And at the same time, they can be as careful as they want, and he could still get hurt again. It's football.

To Larry Horseman....

Sorry I'm posting this way,  but there's a bug in the system.

The difference is,  my punctuation doesn't make for harder reading.     In fact,  it should make for easier reading.   Far easier.     It may be different,  but it's easier,  not harder.    The proof is that I've been posting for well over four and a half years,  and no one has ever said my posting is harder to read.    They've noted it's different,  but never harder.

The lack of punctuation from other here makes for dramatically difficult reading.     Big, big difference.

On Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 11:23 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I'm not carrying any jokes anywhere.     I'm not kidding.

I'm not a fan of run-on sentences that have no periods (.) and no commas (,) in them.      It's the kind of thing you're supposed to learn before you get to high school.      I shouldn't have to work to figure out what you're trying to say.

Don't blame me for your issues.     Your issues are not my problem,  they're yours.

It's not an issue to me because I know what I'm talking about like I said you don't have to read what I put it up sorry you stuck on worrying about punctuation instead of the football team it's your issue that bothers you not mine you wasted your time explaining it anyway

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 0:22 AM, Jared Cisneros said:

Bruh? What kind of word is that? I would say it's a new, lazy way of saying Bro, but since it has an extra letter, we'll just call it a devolved way of saying it. You really need to have punctuation. That sentence is brutal, and no one here is going to take you seriously if you type like a high school dropout.

What is wrong with ya'll? Ya'll are serious about punctuation instead of the team? That's really stupid if you don't like what I put down then don't read it that's it

15 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

It's not an issue to me because I know what I'm talking about like I said you don't have to read what I put it up sorry you stuck on worrying about punctuation instead of the football team it's your issue that bothers you not mine you wasted your time explaining it anyway

YOU are the one that chose to come to this forum to communicate with other colts fans about your favorite team. If you don't care about others being able to understand what you're trying to say because at least you know what you're saying, then maybe you should stick to talking to the mirror.