Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp day 7

Everyone

Enjoyed this:

Pass rushers. The Colts have four primary young pass rushers in training camp: Earl Okine, Trevor Bates, Ron Thompson, and Curt Maggitt, and the first three have all had very impressive camps (Maggitt has missed some time due to injury). Today, Okine, Bates, and Thompson all flashed once again. Okine had two “sacks” (which are judgment calls in camp). Bates generated some good pressure at times too, and Ron Thompson helped crash the pocket on two different occasions (once of which was on the same play as one of Okine’s sacks). I think all three guys have done a good job as pass rushers during training camp, and while it’s important to caution not to expect much early on from them, I think the Colts at the very least have some intriguing developmental talent to keep around. I’m still very skeptical of the pass rush for this year, but the hope is that some of these guys will continue to develop. As for Maggitt, he returned to practice today after missing several days, and the most interesting thing I noticed today was where he was working. It’s important to not make too much of it right now, but Maggitt was working in coverage during the 7-on-7 drills despite the fact that the pass rush drill - involving Okine, Bates, and Thompson, among others - was going on at the same time. Could that perhaps indicate that the Colts view Maggitt as the better overall linebacker and the better one in coverage, meaning he could play behind Erik Walden on the strongside? It’s too early to tell what that means, but it’s interesting nonetheless.

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/8/4/12380918/colts-camp-notebook-day-seven

Seems like Okine is making noise with each practice and I dig that!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• In one of the interviews I listened to with Scott and a Tenn Titans reporter a few months back he was asked what's one of the things that separates you? He said probably what is between my ears. High football IQ, understanding of the game and instincts.
    • Agree with you on the draft takes.   For AR's season, I think mediocrity is what we should hope for( compared to other QBs). We should not forget,that this is basically his rookie season and he's still only 22. So if that would get us to 10-7.....HOORAY !
    • Less than 2 months away when the greatest crushes this Jake Paul guy. Tyson in 3. Tyson is getting in great shape, he looks fast and strong as of now.    When I list boxers where they rank all-time, I go by peak. You have to when it comes to boxing because most fighters Don't last long. Mike Tyson from 1985-1995 only lost once in 10 years. His record in that time frame was 43-1 37 KO's. Buster Douglas KO'd him in the 10th round in a fight where Mike didn't even train for and Mike actually KO'd him in the 8th, Douglas got a 13 count.    Notable wins in that 10 year frame.   Berbick Holmes but he was old, still it was Holmes. Tucker  Spinks Bruno Ruddock (twice)      
    • I'm excited about our future. I think Ballard put together 2 very nice drafts in a row. Never thought we would get Latu, thought we had a better chance at Bowers. Still holding out hope for Cross, he flashes greatness than dissappears, hope he's consistent. Hope Woods takes lead in TE room. I keep writing off Granson, but he keeps impressing. Even if Richardson has a mediocre season I think the team around him could get us to 10-7. 
    • I think you understood his words in a "positive" way, but that's not what he said.   He DID NOT say that "most of you would choose to get married..."   That's your implication. Of course, only women can bring children in this world and most of the women will choose to be married and have children, but that's not exactly what he said.   He said, "doing so - while some others will go on to lead successful career in the world - will take you closer to God's Will"    Here's what he said from the transcript:    He could've said, "even if you go on to have a very successful career, and get the greatest accolades of the world, I think the most important title of a woman is :  Homemaker. And, that would take you closer to God's Will"    But, he didn't say so because he wanted to say exactly what he believes women should do and brought God into that by saying that's His Will.    I think he made a mistake of implying that women are generally excited about marriage and having kids and being a homemaker, when that's only part of a woman's life - even though that could be the most cherished and blessed part of the life.   He only looked at how that made his wife's life - his words, not his wife's words by the way - and projected that to all the women. 
  • Members

• Reboot

Reboot 46

• DoubleE Colt

DoubleE Colt 341

• Matabix

Matabix 473

• compuls1v3

compuls1v3 1,989

• John Hammonds

John Hammonds 5,028

• krunk