Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Training camp day 7

Everyone

Just now, Everyone said:

I finally got to listen to last Friday's interview with Allen when the Sirius guys were in camp.  He's a really bright guy, and I expect him to be a big part of the offense this season.  Just hope he can stay healthy.

14 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I finally got to listen to last Friday's interview with Allen when the Sirius guys were in camp.  He's a really bright guy, and I expect him to be a big part of the offense this season.  Just hope he can stay healthy.

Allen has always been a very vocal guy, appearing on local news stations and the like.  He said his approach this season is to let his play do the talking.  If he can stay healthy (fingers crossed) he will be a force for the offense.

Just now, Everyone said:

This reminded me about another interview they had at camp, with Vontea.  They asked him who besides Mathis did he think was going to put pressure on the QB.  He sounded like he was caught off guard and it took him a couple seconds to respond. Finally he said Zach Kerr.

I thought it was kind of funny.  Especially since Trent Cole did an interview right before him.

Just now, Smonroe said:

This reminded me about another interview they had at camp, with Vontea.  They asked him who besides Mathis did he think was going to put pressure on the QB.  He sounded like he was caught off guard and it took him a couple seconds to respond. Finally he said Zach Kerr.

I thought it was kind of funny.  Especially since Trent Cole did an interview right before him.

Don't get me wrong, I love Vontae, but some of his interviews are hard to watch.  I don't want to knock the guys interview skills but it's on par with Brendan Frasers basketball character in Bedazzled lol.

57 minutes ago, twfish said:

I really like this, I think Haeg would be a really good zbs rg

I havn't really seen any reports about him working with the #1's or the #2's at all.  

I thought he might compete for the spot too, but the news from camp doesn't seem to indicate that he's in the running.  

In fact I've been sort of curious where he's working (tackle/guard) and with which team (#1's, #2's, #3's)

1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

I havn't really seen any reports about him working with the #1's or the #2's at all.  

I thought he might compete for the spot too, but the news from camp doesn't seem to indicate that he's in the running.  

In fact I've been sort of curious where he's working (tackle/guard) and with which team (#1's, #2's, #3's)

I thought I read he's getting sprinkled in at 1 and 2 but not very much. I don't see him getting much playing time this year but next year I fully expect him to give good a run for his money at RG ( since this is Thortons contract year and I highly doubt we resign)

24 minutes ago, Everyone said:

Thanks, I've been following Walker for a while now. Appreciate you looking out though!

For sure, he's a good follow. Not as active as Holder, Wilson, Bowen, etc, but with everyone else in Canton, he'll have a great platform these next 2 days to get his info out there.

I can't imagine how excited/nervous/overwhelmed rookies must feel stepping out onto the field for the first time against another NFL team. Heck, even I'm getting butterflies thinking about AL being on the field again for the first time in what feels like forever.

I don't think I've ever been so ready for a PREseason game.