Everyone

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I really like having Turbin as Gores back up honestly

Due you feel better about the running back depth this year compared to last year? Last year I really liked Robinson and Verga but nether "pand" out?

1 minute ago, IndyD4U said:

I would trust Bremer. 

That's the bad thing about these reports 

The tweet from Stephen Holder also suggests that it was miscommunication between QB and receiver -- similar to what Bremer said.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is one impressive piece of video tape.     Good buries the DL about 4 yards back off the line of scrimmage.

As the story goes,  the Bengal DL did something dirty to Hugh Thornton.    When Good became aware he told Thornton ---- "I got this" --- and you see what he did to the guy!      Boy, that looks SWEET on tape!

Tampa is who I think you mean.  But he definitely got this.

1 hour ago, Moe said:

Due you feel better about the running back depth this year compared to last year? Last year I really liked Robinson and Verga but nether "pand" out?

I do because I know the #1 and #2 backs are proven.  Ferguson I'm pretty confident will be a good third down back at a minimum if not more.  I'm 100 percent sure he'll be killer in the screen game, still need to see him run against live in game comp., but he's got killer agility so I think it's safe to think that will turn out right.  Last year we were talking up two unproven College backs as Gores backups.  This year only one of them is unproven.  This years group is better. 

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

I do because I know the #1 and #2 backs are proven.  Ferguson I'm pretty confident will be a good third down back at a minimum if not more.  I'm 100 percent sure he'll be killer in the screen game, still need to see him run against live in game comp., but he's got killer agility so I think it's safe to think that will turn out right.  Last year we were talking up two unproven College backs as Gores backups.  This year only one of them is unproven.  This years group is better. 

I tend to agree that this year's depth is better, but only marginally. Turbin is an improvement, but I'm far from sold on Ferg. It's hard for me to see him in a third down role because of his size. How is he going to be in pass pro, given his small stature? His ball security issues in college are also troubling. Of course, I hope that he proves me wrong, because I don't think Todman is any type of plan B. Im pulling for Ferguson, though, I'm just very wary. 

4 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I tend to agree that this year's depth is better, but only marginally. Turbin is an improvement, but I'm far from sold on Ferg. It's hard for me to see him in a third down role because of his size. How is he going to be in pass pro, given his small stature? His ball security issues in college are also troubling. Of course, I hope that he proves me wrong, because I don't think Todman is any type of plan B. Im pulling for Ferguson, though, I'm just very wary. 

Check his size again, he's bigger than Frank Gore height wise and a solid 200lbs.  That's not that bad, and I haven't heard any issues with his blocking so far in camp so I'll remain positive.   I've heard about the fumbling in College but so far I haven't seen it happen even once so fingers crossed.   The guys hands are too good as a receiver and in the screen game along with his agility to think he won't be effective there.  Still need to see him block and run the rock in a live game to be fully comfortable.  As far as catching the football and the screen game I'm totally comfortable.  No doubt in my mind there. 

15 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

You might laugh at me, but I believe another guy who could be our 4th running back behind Gore, Turbin, Ferguson is Abou Toure.  He'll probably get cut and stashed on the PS, but I'm telling you the dude can play.  I saw enough last preseason.  I think he could beat out Todman and Tre Williams and we need a back like him in our stable because he's a bruiser with agility and light on his feet. Love his size at 6'2" 230lbs.  It won't shock me at all to see him make the PS.  Seems like he's behind the 8 ball on the depth chart, but I think that will change if they give him a couple more carries than he had last preseason. 

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Check his size again, he's bigger than Frank Gore height wise and a solid 200lbs.  That's not that bad, and I haven't heard any issues with his blocking so far in camp so I'll remain positive.   I've heard about the fumbling in College but so far I haven't seen it happen even once so fingers crossed.   The guys hands are too good as a receiver and in the screen game along with his agility to think he won't be effective there.  Still need to see him block and run the rock in a live game to be fully comfortable.  As far as catching the football and the screen game I'm totally comfortable.  No doubt in my mind there. 

I honestly thought that he was 30 lbs. lighter than that. Not sure where I picked that up from or if I just mistook him for another player, but I can deal with 200... a guy can be an effective pass blocker at that weight if he has good awareness and technique. 

I feel dense, but that's the best news ive heard from camp so far! haha

11 hours ago, Track Guy said:

Ugh I do not like the sounds of that. 

Something I like about Glover Wright.  I think he could make the team as one of either Robinson or Davis backup behind Mitchel and Smith.  He's very fast and has great speed at 4.3 along with good size at 6'0".  Believe he might turn into something with some time.

25 minutes ago, krunk said:

Something I like about Glover Wright.  I think he could make the team as one of either Robinson or Davis backup behind Mitchel and Smith.  He's very fast and has great speed at 4.3 along with good size at 6'0".  Believe he might turn into something with some time.

He's fast and has great speed?  Get outta here.  ;)

Just giving you a hard time Krunk, I knew what you meant.

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

He is interesting.  A WR until he transferred to Utah State as a junior and then transitioned to CB, so he is still pretty new to the position.

I'm assuming he's doing a good job because they decided to keep him and Rose while letting Davie go. This is in addition to the time he spent on the PS last year . We even called him up to the regular roster for a few games during the season. I'm thinking Pagano and Company can mold him.  Going to check him out on Sunday or one of these other preseason games when they give him some time.

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

I'm assuming he's doing a good job because they decided to keep him and Rose while letting Davie go. This is in addition to the time he spent on the PS last year . We even called him up to the regular roster for a few games during the season. I'm thinking Pagano and Company can mold him.  Going to check him out on Sunday or one of these other preseason games when they give him some time.

sounds like the dude can catch pretty well too.  ball hawk CB in the making perhaps?

Just now, csmopar said:

yeah, I'm thinking of playing hooky one day next week and heading up to Anderson.

Well I'm in Houston, Texas so the closest I'll get is the Television!  Hopefully he plays some on Sunday night.

On 8/2/2016 at 8:10 PM, GOCOLTS_ROLLTIDE said:

Why is Harrison still on the team??.... and it seems like my hype for Ferguson is warranted

I've been asking this since the first time he was put in at Center over a far superior player.. he must have very compromising photos of Grigson....