Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New Peyton Commercial, A Signal He Is Ready?

tfrugal

i loved his new commercial, but REALLY think its a signal he is gonna play next season.

he wouldnt just grab the money would he? i would say that a game of connect the dots is in order--

tossed the football after practice 'game ready balls', peyton saying he thought he might pass the end of season physical,

the tone i get from saturdays interview, and this commercial.

sure does not act like a guy sweating a failed procedure!!

discuss...

i loved his new commercial, but REALLY think its a signal he is gonna play next season.

he wouldnt just grab the money would he? i would say that a game of connect the dots is in order--

tossed the football after practice 'game ready balls', peyton saying he thought he might pass the end of season physical,

discuss...

I think it's a sign of life after football.

yep, it is going to be a continuation of the is he or aint he till someone gets cut, or named a starter for the reg season.

that is what this forum is for-- speculation, no?

i think i made the subject clear in the headline, so if you dont approve of this, you didnt have to even open it.

yep, it is going to be a continuation of the is he or aint he till someone gets cut, or named a starter for the reg season.

that is what this forum is for-- speculation, no?

i think i made the subject clear in the headline, so if you dont approve of this, you didnt have to even open it.

over reacting a little to a joke aren't you?

discuss...

I am pretty sure you must have pulled a muscle reaching for this.

I am pretty sure you must have pulled a muscle reaching for this.

Give the guy a break. All we have heard is how unhealthy Peyton has been for a long time. Peyton makes a new commercial and it gets everyone excited and now you want to rain on this guys parade. Why? Why not just let it be? He wasn't bothering you.

discuss...

I think you could be on to something. The last thing he needs is more green.

And if it was a failed procedure do you really think Peyton would be in a funny commercial after finding out his football career is over? Not me.

Do you really think a guy(Peyton) has to work? With All the money he has, no.

He's doing it for 2 reasons: 1) he's fine, healthy, and ready to play and 2) Papa johns is obviously his favorite pizza.

I believe this is definitely a good sign, at the very least a positive move in the right direction.

Give the guy a break. All we have heard is how unhealthy Peyton has been for a long time. Peyton makes a new commercial and it gets everyone excited and now you want to rain on this guys parade. Why? Why not just let it be? He wasn't bothering you.

Give me a break. First off, isn't a discourse among fans exactly the purpose of a message board. Secondly, all I said that believing this is a sign of Manning's return is a stretch. Pretty much no harm in that.

Peyton does a commercial and that is the evidence that shows he is coming back to play? The commercial was funny as all of his are but reading anything else into it is kind of comical.

Give me a break. First off, isn't a discourse among fans exactly the purpose of a message board. Secondly, all I said that believing this is a sign of Manning's return is a stretch. Pretty much no harm in that.

Peyton does a commercial and that is the evidence that shows he is coming back to play? The commercial was funny as all of his are but reading anything else into it is kind of comical.

I never said it was evidence of anything. Seeing Peyton back doing commercials has everyone excited. It was great to see him in good spirits.

There was no sense in slamming a guy for feeling good about that. He was just asking a question.

A message board should be a place where fans can get together and have fun. Last I checked we weren't professional beat writers. Cut the guy some slack.

Aren't you over reacting a bit??

okay since trying to be funny here didn't go over well and people feel this thread must be serious I will respond in a serious way now...

Since the title of this thread ends with a ? I am going to assume the OP is asking a question.

Here is my answer to that question:

No I don't think it's a sign he's going to be ready. He can do all the things he did in the commercial without having to be healthy enough to play football. I think they came up with the idea to make fun of the coin toss for a commercial and that's where they got the Bus from that game and then realized they needed a ref and while they could have gotten an actor to be a ref it would not have been nearly as funny as having someone who is a star do it. From there I think the fact that the Super Bowl is in Indianapolis and the fact the Papa John's guy went to Ball State meaning he has Indiana ties lead them to reach out to Peyton's people to see if he was interested in doing the commercial and he agreed probably because he has no issues doing commercials, thought it was funny and people didn't want to ask about his neck.

Lastly commercials are not shot on like Friday and aired on Sunday. This was probably made at last a month in advance if not more. Which means his neck would have been about where it was around the middle of December at the latest which was not ready to play football.

Now if you want to believe it's a sign that he's ready to play football fine go for it that's your right. I however am going to disagree and have told you why I am going to disagree.

Call it daft, but the fact that he was finally in another commercial seemed positive to me. Usually, when he is healthy, he's in 3 or 4 different commercials. All season, he was injured, and not in any commercials. FInally, he makes an appearance in at least one (it will be interesting if he shows up in any Super Bowl commercials), and it seems to me almost like a "back to the norm" kind of thing. Hopefully he will be back in blue next season!

Call it daft, but the fact that he was finally in another commercial seemed positive to me. Usually, when he is healthy, he's in 3 or 4 different commercials. All season, he was injured, and not in any commercials. FInally, he makes an appearance in at least one (it will be interesting if he shows up in any Super Bowl commercials), and it seems to me almost like a "back to the norm" kind of thing. Hopefully he will be back in blue next season!

The counter would be well then since NBC took him out of the SNF song is that a sign he's done? That's what people are doing reading into things because we want to know what is going to happen with Peyton so badly that things that really have no baring on his health are being turned into things that must some how hold a meaning about it.

Well I see this is going to be an off-season of "Peyton Manning coughed does it mean he's done?" and "Peyton Manning took out the trash today it's clear sign he's coming back!"

Just wait until he does a Wrangler Jeans commercial, then it'll all be over....

okay since trying to be funny here didn't go over well and people feel this thread must be serious I will respond in a serious way now...

Since the title of this thread ends with a ? I am going to assume the OP is asking a question.

Here is my answer to that question:

No I don't think it's a sign he's going to be ready. He can do all the things he did in the commercial without having to be healthy enough to play football. I think they came up with the idea to make fun of the coin toss for a commercial and that's where they got the Bus from that game and then realized they needed a ref and while they could have gotten an actor to be a ref it would not have been nearly as funny as having someone who is a star do it. From there I think the fact that the Super Bowl is in Indianapolis and the fact the Papa John's guy went to Ball State meaning he has Indiana ties lead them to reach out to Peyton's people to see if he was interested in doing the commercial and he agreed probably because he has no issues doing commercials, thought it was funny and people didn't want to ask about his neck.

Lastly commercials are not shot on like Friday and aired on Sunday. This was probably made at last a month in advance if not more. Which means his neck would have been about where it was around the middle of December at the latest which was not ready to play football.

Now if you want to believe it's a sign that he's ready to play football fine go for it that's your right. I however am going to disagree and have told you why I am going to disagree.

Now don't go using sound judgement and common sense.

Like the way 85% of the fans on these boards have taken NOTHING and turned it into "Manning's career is over." They reach, every day, far more than those who know he will return.

Well I see this is going to be an off-season of "Peyton Manning coughed does it mean he's done?" and "Peyton Manning took out the trash today it's clear sign he's coming back!"

i really dont think you are trying to be funny, or make a joke, you are belittling me and my point of view. let me explain it to you--

i put up a thread with evidence (maybe not rock solid, but evidence nonethe less) that peyton is looking pretty good.

what did you respond with?

you played strawman games-- changing it to 'manning coughed-- he is done' or manning took out the trash he is back'. thats NOT a fair characterization of what i posted, is it? its not a joke, its distorting others points of view and dissmissing them.

yes i take MY posting seriously, its an honor to be on a site like this. if you dont understand that, go play on someplace like sherdog and live in the cesspool.

when someone just decides to hijack the thread to make fun of it, i think it comes close to violating the spirit, if not the letter of the rules. you DO understand the reason there is not a 'dislike' button on here right? positive not negative. if you dont like a thread, you dont post 'its stoopid' you dont post at all. now if there are miss-statements, thats fair game.

so, maybe you and skinz can take your act back to the muppetts show-- because thats who you both act like-- the mean old men up in the balcony.

oh, as far as your 'serious' reply--

i can play too, they took peyton off the MNF opening because he was not playing, and his future was in doubt. they filmed a new commercial (yes a month ago or so) AFTER he has healed up.

Posted · Hidden by Zebra3, January 23, 2012 - deleting this post, the gist is crtical of the moderation policy. Nothing specific, but it feels like the seeds of trouble.
Hidden by Zebra3, January 23, 2012 - deleting this post, the gist is crtical of the moderation policy. Nothing specific, but it feels like the seeds of trouble.

i really dont think you are trying to be funny, or make a joke, you are belittling me and my point of view. let me explain it to you--

i put up a thread with evidence (maybe not rock solid, but evidence nonethe less) that peyton is looking pretty good.

what did you respond with?

you played strawman games-- changing it to 'manning coughed-- he is done' or manning took out the trash he is back'. thats NOT a fair characterization of what i posted, is it? its not a joke, its distorting others points of view and dissmissing them.

yes i take MY posting seriously, its an honor to be on a site like this. if you dont understand that, go play on someplace like sherdog and live in the cesspool.

when someone just decides to hijack the thread to make fun of it, i think it comes close to violating the spirit, if not the letter of the rules. you DO understand the reason there is not a 'dislike' button on here right? positive not negative. if you dont like a thread, you dont post 'its stoopid' you dont post at all. now if there are miss-statements, thats fair game.

so, maybe you and skinz can take your act back to the muppetts show-- because thats who you both act like-- the mean old men up in the balcony.

oh, as far as your 'serious' reply--

i can play too, they took peyton off the MNF opening because he was not playing, and his future was in doubt. they filmed a new commercial (yes a month ago or so) AFTER he has healed up.

Unfortunately there are a few here that act like they own the place and make every attempt to put others down. Be careful here because those people are really good at baiting you into something that will get you in trouble. They are probably reporting your post right now. Everyone here knows who they are and what they're about.

I think you had the right to be excited to see Peyton in good spirits. We can't make too much of it; however after hearing all the doom and gloom about him it was very nice to see him joking around again in front of a national audience.

You have the right to point that out. Don't let others bring you down. They will draw you into the abyss if you let them.

Like the way 85% of the fans on these boards have taken NOTHING and turned it into "Manning's career is over." They reach, every day, far more than those who know he will return.

I liked this post because it shows very clear the other side of things.

Well played.

I have asked you repeatedly for confirmation of this, which you continue to state as fact. I would love for it to be true but I have seen nothing that tells me that is the reality. It may end up being true but today, as I type this that seems a great big unknown. Please enighten me with something official.

:edit:

I think you had the right to be excited to see Peyton in good spirits. We can't make too much of it; however after hearing all the doom and gloom about him it was very nice to see him joking around again in front of a national audience.

You have the right to point that out. Don't let others bring you down. They will draw you into the abyss if you let them.

Honest question - would you have felt better if I just simply said that his interpretation of the commercial was a stretch instead of asking if he pulled a muscle in doing so? Would that have met your standard of decency?

Honest question - would you have felt better if I just simply said that his interpretation of the commercial was a stretch instead of asking if he pulled a muscle in doing so? Would that have met your standard of decency?

It's not about what I want. It is about the standard the forum is trying to set across the board. If you notice, I have said that I don't think it amounts to much, but I didn't belittle the guy in the process. It was nice to see Peyton joking around and having fun. It lifted my spirits about him returning. Did it not lift yours?