Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raven @ Patriots Gameday Thread

ruksak

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but your third sentence reeks of lameness. Brady ALWAYS struggles against the Ravens. Just like Peyton always struggled against the Chargers. The Ravens had the #2 defense in the NFL for good reason.

His decisions were "questionable" at times, namely the pick he threw on that bomb late in the game. To his credit, he realized his ineptitude in that game and called himself out on it. I doubt anyone with a shred of sense or knowledge of his history would think he'd play that poor again twice in a row.

Still, ya gotta admit, your pats sputtered across the finish line with no gas in their tank. Y'all got lucky. I won't be a typical cynical Colts fan and claim they are always lucky. They typically make their own luck. This time however, they cashed in on fortune that was handed to them.

Thanks. I have read a number of posts here by you and have come to the conclusion that you are a class act. Your gracious comments are proof of that.

In response to your statement, I pose you a question: If offense (i.e., Brady) stunk, who won the game? The answer is the reason I am far less concerned tonight than last night.

Touche, sir....touche.

Good luck in the SB. I'll be rooting against you......lol

His decisions were "questionable" at times, namely the pick he threw on that bomb late in the game. To his credit, he realized his ineptitude in that game and called himself out on it. I doubt anyone with a shred of sense or knowledge of his history would think he'd play that poor again twice in a row.

Still, ya gotta admit, your pats sputtered across the finish line with no gas in their tank. Y'all got lucky. I won't be a typical cynical Colts fan and claim they are always lucky. They typically make their own luck. This time however, they cashed in on fortune that was handed to them.

Agreed, Brady was pretty mediocre tonight. That's certainly true.

The great thing? Brady historically ALWAYS responds after a bad game.

Welcome to the NFL, btw. There usually are close games in the playoffs. Scott Norwood, anyone? Vanderjagt?

Not only that, but it seems like a lot of people here are ignoring that the FG would have simply tied the game, not won it.

Great heads-up play by Moore. That was some skill.

Agreed, Brady was pretty mediocre tonight. That's certainly true.

The great thing? Brady historically ALWAYS responds after a bad game.

Yep, as I highlighted in my post above. He isn't a "slumper". He's Tom frickin Brady.

Not only that, but it seems like a lot of people here are ignoring that the FG would have simply tied the game, not won it.

Thats absolutely true. I actually felt the fans got robbed of another opportunity to see Brady at his best.

Great heads-up play by Moore. That was some skill.

Was Moore the DB on the Evans drop? .....and I'm being somewhat dishonest by saying "drop". It wasn't a pure drop, as it was aided by a scrappy thrashing effort from a recent practice squad player.

Well, in Patsville they say - that Belichick's ego grew three sizes this day.

Touche, sir....touche.

Good luck in the SB. I'll be rooting against you......lol

Your honesty is appreciated. I was truly happy Peyton got his ring but I was rooting for the Saints in the second SB. Right now I am rooting for Peyton, though, all the way, after reading what Brady had to say about him (January 19 in the Boston Globe):

"It was in that context that Brady was asked yesterday morning about Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, who has been the subject of many rumors, including the possibility of a trade and retirement.

“He’s a great friend of mine,’’ Brady said about Manning, who missed the 2011 season because of neck woes. “I’m certainly hoping for the best. The NFL is a better place with a guy like Peyton Manning in it."

Your honesty is appreciated. I was truly happy Peyton got his ring but I was rooting for the Saints in the second SB. Right now I am rooting for Peyton, though, all the way, after reading what Brady had to say about him (January 19 in the Boston Globe):

"It was in that context that Brady was asked yesterday morning about Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, who has been the subject of many rumors, including the possibility of a trade and retirement.

“He’s a great friend of mine,’’ Brady said about Manning, who missed the 2011 season because of neck woes. “I’m certainly hoping for the best. The NFL is a better place with a guy like Peyton Manning in it."

Brady isn't known as a class act, and I'm not sure why. People make too much of his comments about "Only 17 points...yea OK" during the pregame SB interviews in '08.

Brady isn't known as a class act, and I'm not sure why. People make too much of his comments about "Only 17 points...yea OK" during the pregame SB interviews in '08.

I suspect Peyoton...and Eli would disagree with you...but that is besides the point. The greatest hitter in the history of MLB, a fellow named Ty Cobb was not known for his class either...but he is known for being the greatest hitter of all time.

Take a hike. Go gloat amongst your peers.

I was only responding to a post...do you have a response based on reason instead of emotion?

Okay - here is my response..why are you on a Colts board? To Gloat to incite emotion from others?? Granted there are Patriot fans here, real fans that were here before even me and I congratulate them and their team to their trip to the Superbowl.

Technically without the ** it is only 2=2 superbowls.....

Okay - here is my response..why are you on a Colts board? To Gloat to incite emotion from others?? Granted there are Patriot fans here, real fans that were here before even me and I congratulate them and their team to their trip to the Superbowl.

Technically without the ** it is only 2=2 superbowls.....

In all honesty...I have learned not to gloat about sports....There are a lot of Giants fans in NE...I have a hard time rooting against them. But as long as the letters are NE and NY...I have to go with NE...

Seriously, I was only responding to a post....I have NO desire what so ever to gloat and insult Colt's fans.

Seriously, I was only responding to a post....I have NO desire what so ever to gloat and insult Colt's fans.

Sadly, as soon as you say you're a Pats fan, you've already insulted many Colts fans. Don't ask me why, I have no idea. I wish respect was more prevalent among opposing fans.

Sadly, as soon as you say you're a Pats fan, you've already insulted many Colts fans. Don't ask me why, I have no idea. I wish respect was more prevalent among opposing fans.

Especially now. We didnt win at the expense of the Colts....theres no reason for anyone to be bitter and angry. We saved you from dealing with Baltimore fans for the next 2 weeks. You should thank us first, THEN go back to hating us and pretending to be Giants fans ;)

Especially now. We didnt win at the expense of the Colts....theres no reason for anyone to be bitter and angry. We saved you from dealing with Baltimore fans for the next 2 weeks. You should thank us first, THEN go back to hating us and pretending to be Giants fans ;)

lol......applause :applause:

EDIT: Already updated your siggy pic? Dang son, you quick with that.

oh and....thank you....I guess.

I'm dealing with an emotion only describable by bittersweet haha. Congrats to pats for the defense saving Brady the same way ours did in the run we had in 06 for manning. The 5>2 comment did have a little bit of lowblow to it but I'm not one to easily scorn as this whole season was a loose loose.

They got lucky on the missed FG, I still say Moore made a GREAT play breaking up the pass to Evans, and not that evans dropped it. I think the Pats D doing their best impersonation of the colts D in the sb year.

Please don't take this personally. The Pats have stumbled listlessly into the SB. Their performance was outshined by a handful of key errors by the Ravens. Brady seemed to be stricken blind by his own stardom. The Pats defense made it's best plays by witnessing absurd playcalling by the Ravens, a game ending drop and a shanked 32 YRD FG. The Patriots nation has as much cause to be happy as they do to be concerned. Happy because they won, concerned because they sucked.

i love the dis-crediting of the Pats win and moving on to the SB. in '06 the colts beat the same ravens without even scoring a TD and it was just a case of the colts playing great on D and doing what they needed on O. the pats grind one out and its luck. the playoffs are about survival. you win and move on. no style points

i love the dis-crediting of the Pats win and moving on to the SB. in '06 the colts beat the same ravens without even scoring a TD and it was just a case of the colts playing great on D and doing what they needed on O. the pats grind one out and its luck. the playoffs are about survival. you win and move on. no style points

Exactly right. The Patriots got lucky but the Giants showed why they're so good? You take the win any way you can get it. Yesterday it was because of the defense...and as has been the rallying cry here over the last few years: its a team game.

I'm giving an honest opinion. Not trying to "burn" them. People are taking my comments as if I'm trying to take them down a notch because I'm bitter about my own teams failure. I made peace with that issue.

When your opponent misses a game tying 32 yard FG, that's luck. When your opponents veteran WR gets hit in the numbers and drops a sure game winning TD in the waning seconds, that's luck. Y'all got lucky. It was a good fight, a great game. Up until the last minute, the Pats made their own luck. Wilfork is a monster and you guys should be sending that man flowers or somethin.

Speaking of Luck, see y'all next year. :cool:

Ruk, how is it "lucky" if Sterling Moore KNOCKED THE BALL out of Evan's hands?

That's not luck, that's technique.

Evans should hold that ball. Good on Moore for getting it out. Great play. Luck doesn't have to be a dirty word. Look it up in the dictionary.

LUCK;

;good fortune; advantage or success, considered as the result of chance.

Evans should hold that ball. Good on Moore for getting it out. Great play. Luck doesn't have to be a dirty word. Look it up in the dictionary.

LUCK;

That IS the definition...but when used in this context you make it sound like they didnt do enough to win and they didnt deserve the victory.

I'm giving an honest opinion. Not trying to "burn" them. People are taking my comments as if I'm trying to take them down a notch because I'm bitter about my own teams failure. I made peace with that issue. When your opponent misses a game tying 32 yard FG, that's luck. When your opponents veteran WR gets hit in the numbers and drops a sure game winning TD in the waning seconds, that's luck. Y'all got lucky. It was a good fight, a great game. Up until the last minute, the Pats made their own luck. Wilfork is a monster and you guys should be sending that man flowers or somethin. Speaking of Luck, see y'all next year. :cool:

and as a Pats i feel very lucky to win that game, trust me. on the other side, i dont think ravens fans are saying they were unlucky. they lost because they blew opportunities. it was not bad luck evans dropped the TD, that was not a fluke. if thats welker, that catch is secured 98/100 times. cundiff didnt miss that kick because of bad luck. he choked. nerves are about the only thing that would cause an nfl kicker to yank a 32 yarder like that. the Pats handled the pressure better than the ravens did and thats why they are advancing

That IS the definition...but when used in this context you make it sound like they didnt do enough to win and they didnt deserve the victory.

I think people are taking my comments out of context, actually. Whenever a team advances on the back of the other teams mistakes, that's luck right there.

The Pats made the SB for a 7th time (5th in current era). Color me impressed.

If you had told me before yesterday that Brady would throw 2 INTs, no TDs, and that he wouldn't surpass 300 yards and that the Patriots would lose the overall turnover battle 3-1, well...

I would not have thought that they had any chance.

This happens sometimes. Teams beat teams they have no business beating on any particular day. Happened with the Pats-Rams back in '01 and the Pats-Giants in '07.

It's been a long time since Brady's defense rescued him. Nice to see them win a game when #12, in his own words, "pretty much sucked."

LUCK;

Luck implies chance, that nothing but pure happenstance took place.

It wasn't luck; it was technique.

I was talking to the coach of my team's football program; he's a former NFL player. He told me over breakfast that he teaches his secondary to watch the WRs' eyes and hands, and to attack the hands when the ball is arriving.

That's precisely what Moore did. Again, that's technique, and has zero to do with luck.

and as a Pats i feel very lucky to win that game, trust me. on the other side, i dont think ravens fans are saying they were unlucky. they lost because they blew opportunities. it was not bad luck evans dropped the TD, that was not a fluke. if thats welker, that catch is secured 98/100 times. cundiff didnt miss that kick because of bad luck. he choked. nerves are about the only thing that would cause an nfl kicker to yank a 32 yarder like that. the Pats handled the pressure better than the ravens did and thats why they are advancing

IM not totally convinced that Cundiffs bad kick was all his fault. The play clock was at 12 seconds and he had to rush the kick. Why didn't Harbaugh call a timeout? No reason to ever let your kicker have to rush a field goal. Not saying it would've changed the outcome but it sure wouldn't have hurt.

IM not totally convinced that Cundiffs bad kick was all his fault. The play clock was at 12 seconds and he had to rush the kick. Why didn't Harbaugh call a timeout? No reason to ever let your kicker have to rush a field goal. Not saying it would've changed the outcome but it sure wouldn't have hurt.

i can agree there. i should rephrase it as "they" choked. they panicked. why is their kicker sprinting on to the field, rushing to get a kick off when you have a time out? Harbaugh was asked and he said it didn't cross his mind (or something along those lines). the series before when they passed on a 50 yarder and went for it on 4th and 6. harbaugh and an asst coach are in a shoving match and end up using a time out. well coached teams dont have much of that. i'm not saying harbaugh isnt an excellent coach, just saying good teams handle those game situations and execute

This is something I forgot to mention. I think it was a key factor, as the playclock was at 1 second when the ball was snapped.

i can agree there. i should rephrase it as "they" choked. they panicked. why is their kicker sprinting on to the field, rushing to get a kick off when you have a time out? Harbaugh was asked and he said it didn't cross his mind (or something along those lines). the series before when they passed on a 50 yarder and went for it on 4th and 6. harbaugh and an asst coach are in a shoving match and end up using a time out. well coached teams dont have much of that. i'm not saying harbaugh isnt an excellent coach, just saying good teams handle those game situations and execute

I agree that good teams coaches don't act like that. I'm sure it was a heat of the moment type of thing but totally inexcusable. But not as inexcusable as going for it on 4th and 6. I think my jaw hit my knees when the coaches called that play. I wish they would have shown BB's face when they went for it. I'm sure he was foaming at the mouth.

I think people are taking my comments out of context, actually. Whenever a team advances on the back of the other teams mistakes, that's luck right there.

The Pats made the SB for a 7th time (5th in current era). Color me impressed.

Rusty,

for me luck, really revolves around unforced errors by the opponent as opposed to forced errors by the team . . .the strip by our DB was not luck (other than the fact that he was luckly to be near and in position to make the play) . . . he went after the ball and make the play that was needed to be made in that situation . . .we can argue all day that he should tuck the ball into his body, but he basically did that and none of use really know how much force he had on the ball [how tightly he was holding it] i have seen players lose the ball when they are holding on tight and when they hold is loosely .. .

its not like he held the ball up and ti got knocked out . ..

the FG of coarse is an unforced error and we were luckly . . .

Rusty,

for me luck, really revolves around unforced errors by the opponent as opposed to forced errors by the team . . .the strip by our DB was not luck (other than the fact that he was luckly to be near and in position to make the play) . . . he went after the ball and make the play that was needed to be made in that situation . . .we can argue all day that he should tuck the ball into his body, but he basically did that and none of use really know how much force he had on the ball [how tightly he was holding it] i have seen players lose the ball when they are holding on tight and when they hold is loosely .. .

its not like he held the ball up and ti got knocked out . ..

the FG of coarse is an unforced error and we were luckly . . .

I agree with this interpretation but if you heard Moores post game comments you would say there was some luck involved in that play. He admitted he had no idea what the defensive play call was or who he was supposed to defend. Man or zone he had no idea. Played out well for the Patriots but not without a little luck.

I agree with this interpretation but if you heard Moores post game comments you would say there was some luck involved in that play. He admitted he had no idea what the defensive play call was or who he was supposed to defend. Man or zone he had no idea. Played out well for the Patriots but not without a little luck.

exactly, sometimes the luck comes in the form of being in that position, when perhaps you may not have if one was following the play called, i think we agree on this one, i did mention as one of my luck categories, is being lucky to be in that position . . . sometimes one can make a "mistake" not be in the position for the played call and end up in the right spot at the right time . .. so yes Moore does fall under that category, but he did make the play that was needed . . . even tho he may not of had that opportunitiey if things fell another way . . .

exactly, sometimes the luck comes in the form of being in that position, when perhaps you may not have if one was following the play called, i think we agree on this one, i did mention as one of my luck categories, is being lucky to be in that position . . . sometimes one can make a "mistake" not be in the position for the played call and end up in the right spot at the right time . .. so yes Moore does fall under that category, but he did make the play that was needed . . . even tho he may not of had that opportunitiey if things fell another way . . .

Couldn't agree more. Patriots deserved that win. The Ravens made bad choices that cost them a Super Bowl trip. Just as the Colts did against the Jets. Good luck in the Super Bowl pats fans. I think after all Mr Kraft has done for the the league during the lockout (giving us fans a 2011 season to embrace) and then dealing with the passing of his wife it'd be nice to see him hoist the Lombardie trophy in our stadium. He deserves it hands down IMO.

This is something I forgot to mention. I think it was a key factor, as the playclock was at 1 second when the ball was snapped.

I just heard several Raven players say the kicker wasn't ready. He was distracted?? The coaches called for him 6 times and he didn't answer. Also there was confusion for the Raven on what down it was. The forward fumble out of bounds by Boldin was NOT a 1st down as the Ravens thought. Ref said one thing and the scoreboard another. Suggs implied home cooking of course.:) So did the kicker think it was only 3rd down and not 4th as the some of the players did?

When you don't make the 3rd down that FG unit is already on the field to get ready. BB was asked if he thought about icing the kicker. NO. They seemed rushed ,let them execute.

Harbaigh had a time out and didn't use it to compose.

Agreed, P-money. I was convinced that a timeout was going to be called. Instead, the Ravens rushed things.

As we saw in '07 and this year, the Ravens just can't manage timeouts well.

Another funny way to look at it is that the Ravens can't hold their own late in the game against NE, with the exception of the 09 playoff game.

That 07 game, the Patriots get stopped on 4th and 1 but was nullified by a Ravens timeout. The very next play the Ravens appear to have NE stopped again, but it was nullified by a false start penalty, making it 4th and 6, in which the Pats converted on a Ravens penalty. Heck, the funny thing is, the game ended on a Ravens hail mary that was caught at the Pats' like 2 yard line.

The 09 regular season game, it came down to the final drive of the game, where Clayton on the Ravens dropped a pass deep in NE territory on 4th and 3, ending the game.

Last year, the Ravens couldn't hold on to a 10 point lead, and lost in OT. You know what I think kickstarted the rally here (kind of a pun)? After Cundiff kicked the FG for Baltimore to go up 10, on the following kickoff he kicks the ball out of bounds. The last thing you want to do is give the ball to Brady on his own 40 in his own house...

Sorry to hear that some Colts fans take it that way. I certainly have nothing but respect for the great majority of Colt's fans. In general, I have found them to be knowledgeable and objective. What else can you ask from the opposing fans of your greatest rival?