Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots release DT Dominique Easley

MTC

Just now, CheezyColt said:

He showed some very bright spots when he was able to stay on the field. This is surprising to me.

Yep. When he played he was promising....but after some bad knee injuries and now the upper body injury...they must have some big red flags on his medical....because good young talent you just don't toss away. I suppose we could hear something character related later but I haven't heard anything in the past. He will definitely draw interest but it will have to be a prove it deal because there are a ton of good young DTs in this draft.

This doesn't feel at all like a guy getting cut due to performance.      Who gets cut in mid-April due to performance?

This feels like off the field issues.     Something that won't come to light for a while.   

Am I interested in him?      Yes.    But proceed very carefully.....     there's something hiding in a dark corner on this one.           :peek:

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This doesn't feel at all like a guy getting cut due to performance.      Who gets cut in mid-April due to performance?

This feels like off the field issues.     Something that won't come to light for a while.   

Am I interested in him?      Yes.    But proceed very carefully.....     there's something hiding in a dark corner on this one.           :peek:

If he has a problem at New England and they cant use him, I see no reason for him to be a Colt. If the Patriots are willing to eat the dead cap money and not trade him tells me something is wrong. Stay away.

57 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You mean a first round player that Belichick took didn't turn out to be a lifetime pro bowl player?  Who would have thought that with as many who thinks Belichick's  picks are iron clad hall of fame players? :dunno:

My thoughts exactly, great post!!....meanwhile, Grigson signs a camp body to the 90-man roster in mid-March and he is the dumbest piece of * in the NFL, and clearly doesn't care about this team

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Bill has had enough with off field issues with guys from Florida - Hernandez, Easley...no more Gatorade for Bill :)

I think this article sums up Easley and the issues:

The question, then, is why did the Patriots cut bait with their former first-round pick?

The move could simply be a reflection of Easley’s health. He tore both of his ACLs in college, and has finished each of his two NFL seasons on injured reserve — for a knee injury in 2014 and a torn quadriceps in 2015. Two league sources said independently on Wednesday that Easley is “a 25-year-old in a 40-year-old’s body.” Easley turned 24 in February.

But after speaking with several league sources with knowledge of the situation, it’s clear that Easley and the Patriots were never a good fit.

It is not known if there was a single incident that led to Easley’s release. But a portrait emerged Wednesday of a player who struggled with maturity and his responsibilities of being a professional athlete.

“Saw that coming,” one of Easley’s former Patriots teammates said upon hearing the news. “Injuries and locker room cancer.”

“I think he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way,” another source said. “He comes across as an entitled kid. He reneges on everything. He thinks he’s invincible.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2016/04/13/patriots-release-dominique-easley/VxfcDYPp0ieEh0mDVBRp5H/story.html?p1=BGMenu_Article

9 hours ago, krunk said:

“I think he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way,” another source said. “He comes across as an entitled kid. He reneges on everything. He thinks he’s invincible.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2016/04/13/patriots-release-dominique-easley/VxfcDYPp0ieEh0mDVBRp5H/story.html?p1=BGMenu_Article

Insider sources say that quote came from Tom Brady...

jk