Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pats fans file lawsuit for lost draft picks

Coltsfan1953

34 minutes ago, Yehoodi said:

Yes, the New England fans do lend their support to their team, as do all fan bases to be frank.   I do think though that Deflategate is a special exception that we need to be careful with trying to use it to define a fan bases support of its team or its ability to think reasonably.   And at the same time define other fan bases by their respective views of Deflategate. 

For the most part up here there are a lot of fans and media that think something happened with the balls after they left the locker room.   And a lot more than what folks outside of NE might think exist.

However, the biggest problem that we have here in NE was the fine imposed, the attention that it received, and sense that what happened was the worst thing in recent sports history.   The trouble with this is how the NFL treated prior violations of the same rule and therefore its opinion on the matter prior to Jan. 2015. 

In a case on point where the Jet's employees were illegally tampering with kicking balls after they were inspected, a violation the same rule, all that happened was a suspension of the employees, and no real media concern or concern outside of the state of NY on the matter.    With this back drop one should be able to understand a sense of injustice in light of what the Pats received and the attention that it brought.  

As for Kravitz, yes there are some fans that are just vile and rude and there were some that went overboard and agree on this front.  At the same time though there are some fans who think that perhaps he was not talking to an NFL employee at 1 am in the morning but may have been a leak from the team that called him to spill the beans and on that level some pats fans are frustrated.

So we can point to other fan bases who have "sued", "petitioned" and the like to justify Patriots fans extreme fandom behavior but we also have to give Patriots fans a "special exception" when defining their reactions because its Deflategate? Sounds like a double standard copout and I'm not buying it.

Therein lies the problem. It's a fundamental difference on what the punishment should be and again (for probably the millionth time this has brought up), we know the reasoning for why Goodell levied the punishment he did as it wasn't as much for the infraction itself as it was the lack of corporation. But that's for another discussion.

Attacking a reporter for doing his job with personal insults and other demeaning comments is never justified simply because they think he didn't do his homework.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Bogie said:

Here's your typical "Wahhh, the Patriots and their fans are stupid" butt hurt threads that are so common on this board. 

A Jets fan sued the NFL over Spygate a few years ago, this is not something out of the ordinary of fans taking it to extremes and trying to take it to court. I don't see where it's a big deal at all, and if someone wants to sue the NFL, go for it. This whole Deflategate thing has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Goodell has a god complex, and I'll say I'm thankful that Tom Brady went out of his way to fight him and prove it to everyone that had doubts over Goodell and his ego. 

This is just an excuse to create a circle and pat each other on the back while bashing the Patriots. Maybe in a few years someone new will rise up in the AFC South and give the Colts a real rival to scare their fans. 

So... you don't see the irony of you being butt hurt about others being butt hurt? 

Laugh Out loud...

3 hours ago, Bogie said:

Here's your typical "Wahhh, the Patriots and their fans are stupid" butt hurt threads that are so common on this board. 

A Jets fan sued the NFL over Spygate a few years ago, this is not something out of the ordinary of fans taking it to extremes and trying to take it to court. I don't see where it's a big deal at all, and if someone wants to sue the NFL, go for it. This whole Deflategate thing has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Goodell has a god complex, and I'll say I'm thankful that Tom Brady went out of his way to fight him and prove it to everyone that had doubts over Goodell and his ego. 

This is just an excuse to create a circle and pat each other on the back while bashing the Patriots. Maybe in a few years someone new will rise up in the AFC South and give the Colts a real rival to scare their fans. 

Shouldn't you be worried about the panthers and your terrible team?

19 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

Who has ever denied what Aaron Hernandez did? 

You make it sound like the Patriots were looking at this guy, then someone told them, "he murdered someone" and then they were like, "Perfect! Let's sign him because if there's one thing we like here in New England, it's a friggen' murderer!!!"

Please. They cut him the second there was even a question. The fact that you even use Aaron Hernandez as some little quip against the Patriots is pathetic at best. There's a lot of nonsense in this league. Remember Belcher a few years ago? Guy straight up murdered his girlfriend. Are you criticizing the Chiefs for actively employing murderers??? 

You hate the Patriots. I gotta be honest I never saw that one coming... But can we please be a little objective? Even just for a second? Drafting Aaron Hernandez doesn't make the Patriots the devil. Continually treating the Colts like a chew toy does.

You like asterisks?

Cheers

:lombardi:   *:lombardi:   *:lombardi:   *:lombardi:

* denotes Patriots destroyed Colts is postseason on their way to Championship

Sept. 30, 2007 — Two men are shot in Gainesville, Fla., and four Florida football players are questioned, including freshman tight end Aaron Hernandez. Hernandez remains a person of interest in the Florida investigation.

I'll point this out again obviously your not wanting to see the point . 

Sept 30 2007 the freshman Hernandez was a person of interest in a shooting , Anotherwards the RED FLAGS were there & ignored by a team who don't care about the rules or red flags because for the Patriots nothing is out of bounds as long as it ends up in a WIN .:rock: 

Good job Patriots lying cheating deflating & video taping cheating with audio in the QB's helmet & murder thats what Patriot Lombardi's stand for .:lol:

5 hours ago, Gramz said:

I will say..........

Honestly, 7 people, or however many there were, don't necessarily represent an entire fanbase.

However,   I would imagine the entire fanbase would like those draft picks back, so on second thought :scratch:   Maybe...   :) 

Just 7 people is what Patriots fans are saying but that number is much larger when you consider only 7 filed but a lot will agree with it in its entirety .

And as we have seen all Patriot fans for the most part agree on everything Patriot related & they have always no matter what the subject is considering all the different scandals Patriot related that have occured since Belichick became the head coach  the fanbase has had to rise up numerous times to defend there tainted seasons its a victimhood fanbase that has no use for the truth & as long as they win its all good .

The only 1 Patriot fan  turned off by the cheating was according to the lawsuit a 7 year old a child .:applause: Good for her  a smart lil girl IMO .

On 4/6/2016 at 4:59 PM, dynasty13 said:

Or...you know...it represents THIS:

:lombardi:   :lombardi:   :lombardi:   :lombardi:

And careful...the Colts may have had a murderer on their roster during their 'glory days' as well... ... ...

Produce a link to what murderer your referring to .. The Colts do there homework & they don't overlook someone who as a freshman was involved in a shooting . That is a fact that the Patriots or there fans overlooked out of convenience after all who would'nt kill for a Lombardi well outside of New England pretty much all 31 other teams .

2 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

You need to look to Jerry Thornton on the most bias Mass fan.  :).

Although Bill Simmons is a Boston Sports Guy, which he makes no bones about it, he does have a refreshing view on things and most of his articles on Boston teams, hit home as if a fan wrote the article.  Which is fun to read for Boston fans.

As for his non Boston articles, I never really had a problem with his angles on things.   And he has made some key contributions for he is the one that started the 30 for 30 problem to name one.

I actually loved his Basketball book. I am a list guy like he is though.

2 hours ago, Yehoodi said:

I would love to do is to go back in time with Mr. Peabody's Wayback Machine to Dec. 2014 and put fan bases of the other 31 teams on that same lie detector as ask them an honest question of what they think is a fine should be for someone taking some air out of a football and see what they fans would say. 

Something tells me that a high percentage of them would not think something along the lines of what was given to the Pats.

As for Pats fans thinking Brady was involved, I think you will find that it is a higher percentage than most think.  

That's a fair point and to be honest I am not even sure what my answer would've been, especially now after all of this has took place.

UNC fans file petition to overturn the results of the NCAA Championship game http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/2016/4/7/11383118/petition-urges-ncaa-to-reverse-results-of-2016-ncaa-championship

UNC fan Michael Kline posted it at www.change.org, saying this: "This game was poorly officiated from the tip off to the end. It was a one sided called game all the way through. The officials called fouls against UNC that should have not been called and never called Villanova for the fouls they committed. The officials never called Villanova for multiple travel violations either. Also I want a complete investigation into the officials as it was them that decided the game not who played better."

I'm convinced this is a millennial generation thing. You have this group of entitled kids who grew up getting participation trophies...now as they become fans of teams, they can't deal with the fact that some other team won a game...so therefore, it must be that the refs were terrible or that the other team must have cheated. It's kind of pathetic.

36 minutes ago, Bad Morty said:

UNC fans file petition to overturn the results of the NCAA Championship game http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/2016/4/7/11383118/petition-urges-ncaa-to-reverse-results-of-2016-ncaa-championship

UNC fan Michael Kline posted it at www.change.org, saying this: "This game was poorly officiated from the tip off to the end. It was a one sided called game all the way through. The officials called fouls against UNC that should have not been called and never called Villanova for the fouls they committed. The officials never called Villanova for multiple travel violations either. Also I want a complete investigation into the officials as it was them that decided the game not who played better."

I'm convinced this is a millennial generation thing. You have this group of entitled kids who grew up getting participation trophies...now as they become fans of teams, they can't deal with the fact that some other team won a game...so therefore, it must be that the refs were terrible or that the other team must have cheated. It's kind of pathetic.

Sit down, squirt. Let me tell you about the difference between a website on the Internet and the US Federal and State court system...

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's a fair point and to be honest I am not even sure what my answer would've been, especially now after all of this has took place.

I hear you it is tough to put the Genie back in the bottle once it is out.  I do think that a lot more was made of the situation than what was needed in Jan. '15.  It does not change the fact that what happen at the game.  And if indeed Brady and his cronies were involved in circumventing the rules then they should be appropriately punished and also to the extent Brady was involved with no complying with the investigation; which is a separate act then the underlying crime, and for me, would still carry a punishment even if the person is innocent of the underlying offense.  

For me when I try to put myself in the position to think what was going through my mind when similar/close acts/actions happened.  Like Aaron Rodger's comments or the balls being heated, Farve not turning over his phone, etc., then I can get a grasp of how I would feel my opinion is on the matter.

17 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Produce a link to what murderer your referring to .. The Colts do there homework & they don't overlook someone who as a freshman was involved in a shooting . That is a fact that the Patriots or there fans overlooked out of convenience after all who would'nt kill for a Lombardi well outside of New England pretty much all 31 other teams .

Yeah...the Colts are perrrrrrrrfect. Their players never get arrested and the organization would never sign someone that may have had some trouble in their past. I've never heard of any Colts player being involved in domestic violence, DUI's, or weapon and drug charges. They're just all so great. 

You keep claiming that New England has this history of signing bad guys, as if they intentionally seek out murderers, you know...just because. Again, I ask you...are you this critical of the Kansas City Chiefs? A few years back one of their players straight up murdered his girlfriend...why don't they get your wrath for signing murderers? The Baltimore Ravens? Not a peep. You're trying to create this narrative that only the big bad New England Patriots would employ a player with potential issues. 

Oh...and here you go:

http://www.gq.com/story/marvin-harrison

6 hours ago, Bizarro Superman said:

Sit down, squirt. Let me tell you about the difference between a website on the Internet and the US Federal and State court system...

being a whiny beeyotch is being a whiny beeyotch. Back when I grew up, you won or you lost. You didn't cry about cheating.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 0:54 PM, Restored said:

I don't see any other teams fan base trying to FILE A LAWSUIT to get its team's draft picks back.

Actually I'd like to file a lawsuit to get back our first rd pick we spent on Werner....and maybe can we get the one we traded away for Trent too.....both those have to be filed under theft don't they?? The emotional distress of watching both those guys try to play for us is way more harmful than anything the Patriot fans have had to endur. I mean how distressed can they be...one year removed from a SB Championship and the most successful decade that almost any franchise in any sport could boast of...guess I'm having a hard time understanding where these people come from. That said there are some chuckle heads in every fan base. I've seen plenty in ours as well....hopefully I just never have to sit next to any during a game but I've seen them in the stadium and on the forums.

5 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

Yeah...the Colts are perrrrrrrrfect. Their players never get arrested and the organization would never sign someone that may have had some trouble in their past. I've never heard of any Colts player being involved in domestic violence, DUI's, or weapon and drug charges. They're just all so great. 

You keep claiming that New England has this history of signing bad guys, as if they intentionally seek out murderers, you know...just because. Again, I ask you...are you this critical of the Kansas City Chiefs? A few years back one of their players straight up murdered his girlfriend...why don't they get your wrath for signing murderers? The Baltimore Ravens? Not a peep. You're trying to create this narrative that only the big bad New England Patriots would employ a player with potential issues. 

Oh...and here you go:

Once again I will remind you of what you so conveniently keep over looking the "  Patriots drafted a person who was involved in a shooting as a freshman a warning sign overlooked just to win football games & its a pattern for New England the team & there fans are willing to look the other way as long as it means a Patriot win .

And I never said the Patriots were big & bad on the contrary I think they are pathetic from the very top of the organization to the ball boy .

I'm not trying to create nothing The Patriots did , Are you trying to say the Patriot organization & especially Bill Belichick & the players did,nt know hernandez was a loser before he got there ?  

Or that his team mates did'nt know about his extra curriculum ?  :lol:

They knew but when winning is all you care about inconvenient truths just get in the way . :thmup:  

As a freshman in college he had issues not after he was signed people do make mistakes or get caught up in stuff after there in the NFL , 

You can talk all you want about other teams but it does'nt change the fact & that is a murderer became a murderer while he was playing for the Patriots had the Patriots cared more about drafting quality people we would not be having this conversation period .

Its called due diligence for most teams evidently not the Patriots . Hernandez was convicted based on the evidence .

You bring up Marvin Harrison I don't recall a conviction & you brought up a murderer on the Colts . No links ?  of course not your just trying to change the subject with deflection no hard facts .

Instead more garbage as a reply you bring up many subjects that are not the focus of the conversation so give it up try quoteing someone else I'm not buying what your selling .:D

58 minutes ago, Bizarro Superman said:

You grew up in an unsophisticated environment in an unevolved household then.

lol...really? Why - because my parents didn't teach me to cry foul when something didn't go my way? That's a pretty interesting take.

7 hours ago, dynasty13 said:

Oh...and here you go:

Well I don't see any Chief fan in here continually running their mouth either. The one Raven fan acknowledged Lewis was a bad guy and was a long time Colt fan before the Ravens. You can come in this forum and gloat like you did yesterday with the display of 4 super bowl trophy's. Just like this story about Harrison. He has never been charged with any crime like your Mr. Patriot Murderer. Now it seem s he is not only guilty of a murder he will be a serial murderer when it is all said and done. And you want to compare him to Harrison?  That is even low for you.

1 hour ago, Bad Morty said:

lol...really? Why - because my parents didn't teach me to cry foul when something didn't go my way? That's a pretty interesting take.

No, because when you talk, it feels like I'm listening to some old man who doesn't know what it's like to live in the real world...