Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Almost Everybody Wants A New Hc

I have been to several forums, I always do to keep up, and the funny thing is, that almost every team fans wants a new HC. Ahhh thats pushing it, but many fans from different teams wants a new guy, a new HC.

Even the Steelers wants to get rid of Tomlin... wth...they went 12-4!

Give me Tomlin over Caldwell anytime!! but for now, what about waiting a see what Caldwell can do, when his hands arent tied?

Even if Irsay or Grigson have even the slightest doubt in Caldwell's ability as a coach, then he should be fired. Period, and I think its pretty obvious that they do have their doubts or else there would not even need to be any discussion about his future. I still say that it makes no sense what so ever to keep him to see if he can all of a sudden become a good coach. The franchise has already taken a dramatic turn this offseason so now would be the best time to complete the makeover.

Well even if Caldwell isn't fired he only has one year left on his contract.

Which again leads me to think the Colts MIGHT do what the Browns did when they brought the new GM a couple of years ago. Let the current coach stay for a year and then make the change. It could be there is no one the Colts are crazy about hiring so why make the move if you aren't crazy about someone other than people just don't like Jim Caldwell. Before someone says anyone but Caldwell it's important to remember Irsay doesn't share that view of Caldwell. All you had to do was listen to the presser when he fired the Polians to tell Irsay likes Caldwell a great deal and thinks he is a decent coach. With that said, if the new GM wants to go in another direction I don't think Irsay is going to stop him. Frankly I think rather it's this year or next it's only a matter of time till Caldwell is out because GMs want their own people.

Also who knows in a year a guy like Gruden or Cowher might have interest in coming out of the broadcast booth and returning to coaching and the Colts job it's self might be more attractive after the what we are going to do with Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck debate has been seatled.

I do not really care for Caudwell,but in all fairness I wonder if any coach would have been successful with the players that the Colts fielded in 2011. Give him one more shot and if Colts start on like they started in 2011 dump him.

Several coaches would have faired better. Belichick went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, and Cassel went on to do mediocre at best for the Chiefs and who has lost his job to Orton, so we realize Cassel's success was a by-product of Belichick's ingenuity. Jim Harbaugh for the 49'ers has changed people's opinions on Alex Smith. Point is a developing QB needs a good coach, and clearly Caldwell isn't a good coach.

i dont like to see anyone lose there job but its painfully obvious that the team caldwell got to the super bowl with was tony dungys team. 2 years later its now caldwells team and you see the difference. i dont believe for one minute the whole season was bad because of peyton being out. where was the pride of the rest of the stars as we like to call them? fact is patriots went 11 and 5 without brady and i dont believe they had half the talent this years colts did. i am still trying to figure out why we never had a backup qb in place. did the polians think peyton at 35 or 36 was never gonna get hurt or did they think they could just let him finish out his career and then they could bolt out the door and leave the franchise in a mess? anyway as far as caldwell goes if my alternative is marty whatever his name is then i keep caldwell at least we know he wont kickoff in overtime in order to have the wind at his back. go colts

And what will you say if Manning comes back, we go 12-4 and win the Super Bowl next year?

I still think he is gone no matter what. I see Irsay to be the man stick what he has. Then when his deal is over he moves on.

Which again leads me to think the Colts MIGHT do what the Browns did when they brought the new GM a couple of years ago. Let the current coach stay for a year and then make the change. It could be there is no one the Colts are crazy about hiring so why make the move if you aren't crazy about someone other than people just don't like Jim Caldwell. Before someone says anyone but Caldwell it's important to remember Irsay doesn't share that view of Caldwell. All you had to do was listen to the presser when he fired the Polians to tell Irsay likes Caldwell a great deal and thinks he is a decent coach. With that said, if the new GM wants to go in another direction I don't think Irsay is going to stop him. Frankly I think rather it's this year or next it's only a matter of time till Caldwell is out because GMs want their own people.

Also who knows in a year a guy like Gruden or Cowher might have interest in coming out of the broadcast booth and returning to coaching and the Colts job it's self might be more attractive after the what we are going to do with Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck debate has been seatled.

That's what I was getting from Irsay, and feeling how they will go.

Several coaches would have faired better. Belichick went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, and Cassel went on to do mediocre at best for the Chiefs and who has lost his job to Orton, so we realize Cassel's success was a by-product of Belichick's ingenuity. Jim Harbaugh for the 49'ers has changed people's opinions on Alex Smith. Point is a developing QB needs a good coach, and clearly Caldwell isn't a good coach.

Cassell didn't lose his job to Orton, he got injured and placed on IR. And Cassell did very well for KC last year and was doing okay this year before the injury. So in the word of examples that one not very good and does not seem to support your threory.

Developing Qbs do need a good coach but they have to be capable of being developed. painter was not and Collins was a long term veteran. Orlovsky, much to my surprise did show improvement and being developed in his 5 games as the starter. So does that mean Caldwell is a good coach?

Cassell didn't lose his job to Orton, he got injured and placed on IR. And Cassell did very well for KC last year and was doing okay this year before the injury. So in the word of examples that one not very good and does not seem to support your threory.

Developing Qbs do need a good coach but they have to be capable of being developed. painter was not and Collins was a long term veteran. Orlovsky, much to my surprise did show improvement and being developed in his 5 games as the starter. So does that mean Caldwell is a good coach?

Cassell has lost his job, they just haven't announced it yet. They wouldn't sign Kyle Orton unless they were thinking about replacing Cassell. Orton is unquestionably better than Cassell and has more professional NFL experience.

Cassell has lost his job, they just haven't announced it yet. They wouldn't sign Kyle Orton unless they were thinking about replacing Cassell. Orton is unquestionably better than Cassell and has more professional NFL experience.

lmao. The Chiefs signed him to a one year deal to help them finish the season because all they had at QB was Pelko. When the season is officially over Orton becomes a free agent.

I guess they will announce it when he's actually a member of the Chiefs.

Yeah Caldwell is the best coach ever. Put him in Canton, just get him out of Indy!

he is the best coach ever lol. teams are lining up as we speak to sign him. i say lets trade caldwell to the pats for belichek and see who fares better next year. i am now starting the official jim caldwell to the hall of fame page...... i will let you all know when it is up so you can cast your votes and let your voices be heard. dont hold your breathe though we might all be dead by the time i actually get it done

he is the best coach ever lol. teams are lining up as we speak to sign him. i say lets trade caldwell to the pats for belichek and see who fares better next year. i am now starting the official jim caldwell to the hall of fame page...... i will let you all know when it is up so you can cast your votes and let your voices be heard. dont hold your breathe though we might all be dead by the time i actually get it done

Also don't forget he is the best clock managing coach in NFL history.........

I have been to several forums, I always do to keep up, and the funny thing is, that almost every team fans wants a new HC. Ahhh thats pushing it, but many fans from different teams wants a new guy, a new HC.

Give me Tomlin over Caldwell anytime!! but for now, what about waiting a see what Caldwell can do, when his hands arent tied?

People refuse to understand this.

It's too logical.

Therefore, it wouldn't fly with the emotional.

Every HC, that followed Dungy went to the superbowl the following year then declined. I simply cant see giving Caldwell credit for his first season as head coach. All he had to do was be smart enough to change nothing. Which is what he did this year as well. We went from having arguably the best quarterback to the worst but we seemed to play every game like Peyton was playing and we were up 3 touchdowns.. I could have some respect for him even with this record if we would have tried something, anything... Alot of people say that its not his fault, that Polian called all the shots but as we all know, none of the upper echelon coaches would agree to coach that way. That also says something about his character imho. He could go on to prove me wrong but I keep thinking if we let him go would anyone be interested in him and I bet he doesnt get a job anywhere. He has proven lack of decision making abilities, He may be a great quarterback coach but as we all know now, more than ever, is Peyton makes everyone around him look better

Why dont we compare all HC's to one of the greatest football minds ever. No he is not as good as Belichick but there is a massive difference between Curtis Painter one of the worst Qb's ever and Bellichick had Matt Cassel who has been to a pro bowl of course it's not going to be close results wise. I do think that we deserved a better record this year but costly mistakes were made like Garcon and Carter fumbling the ball when we had a chance at having a game winning drive and Painter threw two costly picks in the end zone in one game, those are costly mistakes that you can do very little to stop as a coach.

I do think that we deserved a better record this year but costly mistakes were made like Garcon and Carter fumbling the ball when we had a chance at having a game winning drive and Painter threw two costly picks in the end zone in one game, those are costly mistakes that you can do very little to stop as a coach.

You mean other than take him by the arm in practice, work on his throwing motions, 3-5-7 step drops, selling the playaction, looking off receivers, etc.? A good coach, whether it be the head coach, QB coach, or Offensive Coordinator, should be able to have trained Painter better than that. Caldwell is a bad coach and Painter is a bad Quarterback. Needless to say, they make a bad combo.

There clearly is someone, other than Peyton Manning, who doesn't know how to train quarterbacks, and that has me worried for Andrew Luck's future. Thankfully, Luck already has a standard set of QB traits and talents, but that will only get him so far without professional NFL coaching, which we sorely lack.

Well even if Caldwell isn't fired he only has one year left on his contract.

Yeah but that is one more year of Peyton's career pretty much wasted with Caldwell as coach. Assuming he's healthy enough and back in action next year. Caldwell's deficiencies become even more apparent in the post-season (outcoached by Payton in Super Bowl in 2009; the "time out" in 2010.)

You mean other than take him by the arm in practice, work on his throwing motions, 3-5-7 step drops, selling the playaction, looking off receivers, etc.? A good coach, whether it be the head coach, QB coach, or Offensive Coordinator, should be able to have trained Painter better than that. Caldwell is a bad coach and Painter is a bad Quarterback. Needless to say, they make a bad combo.

There clearly is someone, other than Peyton Manning, who doesn't know how to train quarterbacks, and that has me worried for Andrew Luck's future. Thankfully, Luck already has a standard set of QB traits and talents, but that will only get him so far without professional NFL coaching, which we sorely lack.

So how come a 7 year vet who had been constantly moving around the league that no one wanted and was yet to win a game cam into our team and win 2 when he only started for a couple of games yes he can coach qb's. Ohh and whose that other one he coached that Manning guy how did he turn out i heard he got a couple of MVP's. The reason Painter was so bad was that he is the worst Qb in the league is there anyone you'd not rather have. I he had any talent he would not be soon to be no longer an NFL player

So how come a 7 year vet who had been constantly moving around the league that no one wanted and was yet to win a game cam into our team and win 2 when he only started for a couple of games yes he can coach qb's. Ohh and whose that other one he coached that Manning guy how did he turn out i heard he got a couple of MVP's. The reason Painter was so bad was that he is the worst Qb in the league is there anyone you'd not rather have. I he had any talent he would not be soon to be no longer an NFL player

Actually Orlavsky started 5 games not a couple. Also if they wanted to move Caldwell back to QB's coach that would be fine with me, but he is still an awful head coach.

And in all those other teams forums, how many times did you see someone suggesting that if we fire Caldwell then they should hire him? I suspect the answer is zero.

Reported on the pre-game show Caldwell is going to meet with Grigson. Grigson is going to advise Irsay on what to do.

This is directed to the people at the pregame show, it's not directed at you Fx Stryker.

No kidding, that is what both Irsay and Grigson said they would do during the press conference.

This is directed to the people at the pregame show, it's not directed at you Fx Stryker.

No kidding, that is what both Irsay and Grigson said they would do during the press conference.

Sometimes they announce the obvious more than John Madden. lmao

They did say during this week though.

maybe Grigson and Irsay are just waiting to see what coaches become available or are available or interested in the position. Realizing that whomever you sign, they are likely going to get a 5 year deal, so whoever it is it better be who we want and what Irsay wants to fork over big bucks for. I'm not sure who is out there that would be a perfect fit, I just don't think there is anyone right now.

You haven't been able to listen to Philly talk radio for more than twenty minutes over the past few years without hearing someone (often a host) screaming for Andy Reids head. And he has a .609 lifetime winning percentage. You haven't been able to listen to NY sports radio for years without hearing questions about Tom Coughlin and Rex Ryan. The Giants fans were about ready to run Coughlin out of town on the rail - all you'd hear is debate about whether his job is in jepardy or not - until he won the Super Bowl. That bought him a little bit of grace, which was fading fast before their recent run. If they lose today the downward spiral of enthusiasm will likely continue. And he has a lifetime .555 winning percentage, probably more with the Giants. Rex was on a year+ roll after the first AFC Championship run. Now his bluster is considered distracting instead of refreshing, and everyone thinks that he lost the locker room.

Something tells me that it's the same in every city. Anything short of a Super Bowl win means that heads must roll. Everyone assumes that the grass is always greener. It's usually not.

I have to admit...like a cobra's lidless stare and graceful but deadly dance...the looping clip of McCormick and Kirk had me starting like a zombie at my laptop screen for at least 2 minutes.

Exactly! I laughed my but off when I saw your response.....exactly what I was thinking.

This is funny also, but not as much, and a little concerning.

I would agree...but remember, when Parcells was hired at both Dallas and Miami, the fans of both teams saw it as the next coming. High profile sexy hires dont mean everything. I doubt that fans were screaming for their teams to hire Belichick after he failed in Cleveland.

I still think he is gone no matter what. I see Irsay to be the man stick what he has. Then when his deal is over he moves on.

So if, and its like a meteoric leap of faith, if the Colts go 12-4 and win the SB there is no way you can fire Caldwell.

In four years he would have 3 division crowns, 2 AFC titles, 1 SB title, a 14 win season, a 12 win season, and an overall record of 38-26 for a win pct of 60 and that includes one horrible 2 win campaign. Without that his record would be 36-12 win pct of 75.

No way he gets caned if he makes it to another SB, no chance in heck.