Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Championship week

RockThatBlue

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wish I had more support where I work at because most everyone is pulling for Peyton to beat the Pats but I only have a handful of people who think Denver will win. Most want them but don't think it will happen. The 3 or 4 friends I mainly hangout with all think the Pats will win as well.

Most I know think it's Carolina's year. And it does make sense on paper and just looking at those guys all season. They are wicked.......they can be beaten, but they are wickedly fired up.

In a way the Carolina thing makes sense too. The best way for Manning or Brady to win it all is to play Arizona and hope Carolina blows it somehow.

Arizona is good too but yes they can be had and I don't always trust Carson Palmer. 

2 hours ago, Jules said:

Most I know think it's Carolina's year. And it does make sense on paper and just looking at those guys all season. They are wicked.......they can be beaten, but they are wickedly fired up.

In a way the Carolina thing makes sense too. The best way for Manning or Brady to win it all is to play Arizona and hope Carolina blows it somehow.

Arizona is good too but yes they can be had and I don't always trust Carson Palmer. 

When you look at it by the eye test and even on paper, I agree Carolina looks like they should be the team to beat but once you get to the Final 4 anything can happen. Over the years there have been so many upsets in this round and in the SB. Patriots losing twice to the Giants in the SB comes to mind, Vikings losing to the Falcons in the 1998 NFC Title Game is another one that I would've never believed before hand. People have to remember, Cam has never even made it this far. I realize Wilson hadn't either in 2013 and they crushed Denver but I also think part of that was Denver just played a bad game. The very next season Denver took the Seahawks to OT in Seattle and both had the same teams. I don't think this Panthers team is as great as that Seahawks team either. Seahawks had a slightly better Defense and had a RB like Lynch that teams had to key on and worry about constantly. Regarding Peyton vs Brady, every time each of those QB's have had HFA in the Playoffs they have won. Most people think that Brady has owned this matchup regarding wins but it's 2-2 in the Playoffs, not only that Peyton is 3-3 lifetime against Brady when he plays at home so he is .500. 2-3 here in Indy and 1-0 in Denver including Playoffs and Regular Season. Most of Brady's dominance has been in Foxboro where Peyton is only 2-8. Almost all of Peyton's struggles have came in Foxboro. If they played Sunday in Foxboro I would pick the Patriots to win just keep it real, I would root for Peyton but the Patriots would have a significant advantage in Foxboro. In Denver Peyton has at least 50/50 shot of winning this upcoming meeting just based on history and not only that this is the best Defense he has ever had helping him too.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wonder where all of our Patriots residents have been? Usually they are always on here like Dynasty, Viri, AM. I haven't seen them on here in days. I figured they would be flooding this Board by now with this being Peyton/Brady week.

Am is secretly writing a book about Manning v. Brady but will delete it once the Patriots lose on Sunday.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wonder where all of our Patriots residents have been? Usually they are always on here like Dynasty, Viri, AM. I haven't seen them on here in days. I figured they would be flooding this Board by now with this being Peyton/Brady week.

Everything that I have read is that the Patriots feel they have it easy playing against Peyton. So I think they are excited about it thinking that they have an easy in to the Superbowl. Boy, do I hope they're wrong and Denver and Peyton come out with a win.

The Chiefs scored late to cut the Patriots lead to 7 points, and then failed on an onside kick attempt with about one minute to play.

The Steelers scored late to cut the Broncos lead to 7 points, and then failed on an onside kick attempt with about 20 seconds to play.

In people's mind's, that means the Patriots killed the Chiefs but the Broncos eked out a win? The Chiefs had three timeouts and Brady’s pass was deflected by a defender, hit Gronk’s shoulder, and somehow bounced right to Edelman for a first down. If that pass is intercepted the Chiefs have a great shot at forcing OT. If it even falls incomplete, the clock would have been stopped with the Patriots facing 3rd and 12 with 1:01 to play. The chances of the Chiefs getting the ball back with time to tie the game would have been very high

Both games were hard fought and competitive throughout. The Steelers and Chiefs were both missing some star players, but overall, the Steelers were a tougher challenge. The Patriots barely scraped by against a team that was missing 3 pro bowl starters (Charles, Houston, and Maclin), and Hali was severely limited.

Three of the four came down to onside kick attempts in one score games, and the other one went into OT. The winning teams were all tested, and they all survived because they executed when it mattered most. It’s just simply not accurate to say the Patriots dominated and Denver eked out a win.

2 minutes ago, Restored said:

The Chiefs scored late to cut the Patriots lead to 7 points, and then failed on an onside kick attempt with about one minute to play.

The Steelers scored late to cut the Broncos lead to 7 points, and then failed on an onside kick attempt with about 20 seconds to play.

In people's mind's, that means the Patriots killed the Chiefs but the Broncos eked out a win? The Chiefs had three timeouts and Brady’s pass was deflected by a defender, hit Gronk’s shoulder, and somehow bounced right to Edelman for a first down. If that pass is intercepted the Chiefs have a great shot at forcing OT. If it even falls incomplete, the clock would have been stopped with the Patriots facing 3rd and 12 with 1:01 to play. The chances of the Chiefs getting the ball back with time to tie the game would have been very high

Both games were hard fought and competitive throughout. The Steelers and Chiefs were both missing some star players, but overall, the Steelers were a tougher challenge. The Patriots barely scraped by against a team that was missing 3 pro bowl starters (Charles, Houston, and Maclin), and Hali was severely limited.

Three of the four came down to onside kick attempts in one score games, and the other one went into OT. The winning teams were all tested, and they all survived because they executed when it mattered most. It’s just simply not accurate to say the Patriots dominated and Denver eked out a win.

"The winning teams were all tested, and they all survived because they executed when it mattered."

And, that's the rub. If Denver can play mistake-free football at Mile High, then they certainly have a great chance of beating New England. 

The Denver run game is going to be a huge factor. If the Broncos can run effectively enough to keep Brady off the field, the Broncos have a chance to score some points and limit the Pat's time of possession. 

The other huge factor is how Denver's defense will handle the short passing game of NE.

if Carolina comes out and plays like they did in the first half against Seattle, nobody has a fighting chance, that being sayd, im looking for Peyton to get hot for the the final two games of his career and win another ring, i think thats what most people here would like to see, ill be happy as long as NE doesnt win

Unfortunately Panthers and Patriots.  Both are better all around teams IMO.

However, if the Cardinals can hold the Panthers or keep it close in the first half, they can win the game in the second half.  Panthers have issues in the second half and everybody knows it. 

The Broncos can beat the Patriots, but ONLY if they can get pressure on Brady nearly the entire game.  They got hardly any pressure against Ben.  The pressure up the middle is key because of his quick passes to the middle.  Manning can play at the same level as he did against the Steelers and win this game, but only if his receivers CATCH THE BALL!!!

Ugh, I got a headache from yelling at the receivers during that game.

22 hours ago, Restored said:

Great points.

I think the view of it is because of how such of a sloppy game the broncos played.  Throughout the entire thing they played poorly and were behind for most of the game until that crucial forced fumble.  The patriots however, led most of the game. 

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

There's talk this might ve Carson Palmer's last season...especially if they win Sunday and get to the Bowl

He's had a lot of injury problems.  I dont know how bad he;s hurting

I haven't seen anything in regards to him thinking about retirement 

It was in an interview on ESPN. he didn't say it. The ESPN guy who covers the team said that he would not be surprised, that if Arizona makes the Super Bowl, that Carson Palmer would make that his final game.

I believe he's 35......

I would hope not. I think he can excel for a couple of more seasons. ..and he's on an elite team

2 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I am rooting very much Against the Broncos.

Also I am hoping for Cam and the Panthers to win and then beat pats in Super Bowl.

I want the Broncos to win. I am sick of seeing the Patriots in the SB. I get that some of the older school Colts fans wanting the Broncos to lose because Elway runs the team but why not just wish them to lose in the SB then? I just cant see how any Colts fan can root for the Patriots? I didn't become a fan until 1984 so I didn't have to go through the Elway diss. Think about this too, had Elway decided to play for us we would've never even had the Peyton era. It changed history.

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want the Broncos to win. I am sick of seeing the Patriots in the SB. I get that some of the older school Colts fans wanting the Broncos to lose because Elway runs the team but why not just wish them to lose in the SB then? I just cant see how any Colts fan can root for the Patriots? I didn't become a fan until 1984 so I didn't have to go through the Elway diss. Think about this too, had Elway decided to play for us we would've never even had the Peyton era. It changed history.

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I could not understand why any Colts fan would root against the Broncos in this game, but I get it now. Still, I agree with you. I cannot root for the Pats to win another trip to the Super Bowl. 

Go Broncos!

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I could not understand why any Colts fan would root against the Broncos in this game, but I get it now. Still, I agree with you. I cannot root for the Pats to win another trip to the Super Bowl. 

Go Broncos!

Yeah, some of the fans that were fans when we were in Baltimore hate Elway. So I see why they think like they do but I can never root against Peyton unless he plays the Colts or root for the Pats

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

yes it did change history.

We went 2 Decades as doormats in the nfl.