Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WLW - Cincinnatti

oldunclemark

.....as you might guess, its been a rough week on the air at the 'Big One'

For folks in the Indy are, WLW comes in pretty clear and we can hear it up here (its AM-700) in NW Indiana

..Bill Cunningham's always been crazy and he's leading the call for Marvin Lewis to  be ashcanned..

I heard old Bob Trumpy on the air today defending Lewis..

Most want Burfict and Pac man let go but everybody wants some kind of vengeance against the Steelers coach Joey Porter.

Not a lot of love for the city of Pittsburgh being aired with folks vowing to be there when the Steelers come back of Cincy this fall..

Check it out if you get a chance.......they have not yet calmed down

I know. It's wild here. Ever since the game ended, people cannot stop talking about it. It's on radio, TV, local internet sites, stores, fast-food joints, bars, etc. etc. you name it. The one consensus that stands out more than others is the officiating. It all comes back to that no matter what case in point is being made about the game. I've never seen this kind of pitch after any game, including the 2 losses in the Super Bowl against the 49ers. 

Things will calm down eventually. That I'm certain. When is the question.

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

.....as you might guess, its been a rough week on the air at the 'Big One'

For folks in the Indy are, WLW comes in pretty clear and we can hear it up here (its AM-700) in NW Indiana

..Bill Cunningham's always been crazy and he's leading the call for Marvin Lewis to  be ashcanned..

I heard old Bob Trumpy on the air today defending Lewis..

Most want Burfict and Pac man let go but everybody wants some kind of vengeance against the Steelers coach Joey Porter.

Not a lot of love for the city of Pittsburgh being aired with folks vowing to be there when the Steelers come back of Cincy this fall..

Check it out if you get a chance.......they have not yet calmed down

Sad part is Cincy opened the door for the loss.

I guess some coaches will never get fired, take Jeff Fisher's record. Lewis should be fined for ignoring what are obvious holes in some of his players. After the first meeting between those two teams for any player to come out in a playoff game behaving like a crack head punk let alone to do it with 1:36 left to go I blame the coach for turning his back on personality problems or even worse he does not see this as a problem.

33 minutes ago, buck_hunter21 said:

You think WLW is going wild, you should be in the middle of it. Ever since the game ended it is all I have heard people around here talk about. A lot of people here get HEATED when discussing it as well. A lot of whining or boo hooing going on.

No kidding.  I was at the Gym Monday afternoon and there were Steelers fans sporting their  fan wear, in a Gym in the heart of Bengal country....    You can imagine...   I didn't stay long.   haha

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

No kidding.  I was at the Gym Monday afternoon and there were Steelers fans sporting their  fan wear, in a Gym in the heart of Bengal country....    You can imagine...   I didn't stay long.   haha

I would love to go to a gym in Boston about now and wear a Peyton Manning jersey and yell Manning is the man after every bench press. Imagine the looks I would get haha 

39 minutes ago, buck_hunter21 said:

You think WLW is going wild, you should be in the middle of it. Ever since the game ended it is all I have heard people around here talk about. A lot of people here get HEATED when discussing it as well. A lot of whining or boo hooing going on.

Hey!  you just described Many members of this forum.  Always gonna be whiners vs. homers.....:)

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would love to go to a gym in Boston about now and wear a Peyton Manning jersey and yell Manning is the man after every bench press. Imagine the looks I would get haha 

I don't think they would be hateful looks. 

David DeCastro doesn't talk to the media much at all, so if he's saying he doesn't like the Bengals, or that he was spit at by one of them, then I sit up and listen. The Bengals and their fans got what they deserved. What a contemptible franchise and fan base they are. I honestly don't even give a damn what the Steelers do for the remainder of the post-season; simply eliminating the Bengals makes anything else gravy.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

And you can bet the mortgage most of those wearing Steelers gear in Cincy are front-running Cincy-area natives. So, you have to deal with both * front runners and bitter, nasty fans of the local team. No thanks to both.

31 minutes ago, Gnutella0 said:

David DeCastro doesn't talk to the media much at all, so if he's saying he doesn't like the Bengals, or that he was spit at by one of them, then I sit up and listen. The Bengals and their fans got what they deserved. What a contemptible franchise and fan base they are. I honestly don't even give a damn what the Steelers do for the remainder of the post-season; simply eliminating the Bengals makes anything else gravy.

That was a dirty game by both teams but I loved the hard hitting that was going on and the hate both teams showed toward each other in a way. It kind of reminded me of some of the Playoff games in the 80's. To the Steelers credit they got in Cincy's head at the end and frustrated them. After the way Cincy celebrated when Burfict intercepted the ball but then Hill fumbling was DEFLATING haha 

54 minutes ago, Gnutella0 said:

Yes,   the steelers fans are really a stable bunch.   Get real.    

This is one of those long time rivalries between  teams and their fans.   There is maybe a 4 or 4.5 hour drive between the two cities, and there are always a lot of Steelers fans in attendance at the Bengals home games.

A lot of heated interactions and bad blood between the two franchises, and the game between the two teams in Cincinnati just a few weeks prior was nearly as bad and I'm sure tempers from that game carried over into this one.

What happened between the teams, and the fans, was clearly one of the most disheartening and disgusting games in a long time.  There were a lot of fans behaving badly, and from what I hear from some who were actually at the game,  there was a lot more that went on that most of us havn't even heard about.  I think there is probably enough blame to go around for both sides.

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yes,   the steelers fans are really a stable bunch.   Get real.    

Here's where I've attended Steelers games since I became a fan...

OCT 1996: Atlanta

AUG 2001: Atlanta (pre-season)

AUG 2001: Pittsburgh (vs. Detroit, pre-season)

AUG 2003: Carolina (pre-season)

SEP 2003: Kansas City

DEC 2004: Jacksonville

AUG 2005: Carolina (pre-season)

DEC 2005: Minnesota

SEP 2006: Jacksonville

OCT 2006: Atlanta

DEC 2006: Carolina

AUG 2007: Carolina (pre-season)

NOV 2007: Pittsburgh (vs. Cleveland)

DEC 2007: St. Louis

DEC 2008: Tennessee

SEP 2009: Carolina (pre-season)

SEP 2010: Pittsburgh (vs. Atlanta)

SEP 2011: Carolina (pre-season)

AUG 2013: Carolina (pre-season)

SEP 2014: Carolina

OCT 2014: Jacksonville

NOV 2014: Tennessee

DEC 2014: Atlanta

SEP 2015: St. Louis

OCT 2015: Kansas City

That's 25 different games that I've attended in various parts of the U.S. So now what I need to know is, if Steeler fans are even half as bad as some people proclaim we are, then why was the Jacksonville game in 2004 the only time I've ever witnessed verbal abuse, let alone anything that came close to physical violence? There were plenty of us at each of these stadiums, so if we're all loose cannons, then where was the damage?

6 minutes ago, Gnutella0 said:

That's 25 different games that I've attended in various parts of the U.S. So now what I need to know is, if Steeler fans are even half as bad as some people proclaim we are, then why was the Jacksonville game in 2004 the only time I've ever witnessed verbal abuse, let alone anything that came close to physical violence? There were plenty of us at each of these stadiums, so if we're all loose cannons, then where was the damage?

Why not ask Kordell Stewart or Tommy Maddox how stable your fan base is

There's so much fur flying at just about every NFL game (mostly verbal) it's almost impossible to keep track of. The banter that goes back & forth between the home team fans & visiting ones is quite harmless. However, I've seen my share of dirty, nasty, downright disgusting actions on both sides. ESPECIALLY, during the Playoffs. The Pittsburgh Steeler fans, along with many other varied NFL cities are no different.

7 hours ago, Gnutella0 said:

Every team has their knuckleheads and this is a violent mean sport. Everyone knows the risks walking on the field. Cincy has a few more than their share of intolerable players. That said I'm not going to just act like the Steelers are some team full of choir boys. This same Decastro that got fined for face masking a Cincy player earlier in the season...and defended his team mate Wallace for basically launching himself after the play and ending the season for a Denver safety? Again its football and I've played it and I understand the emotions and battles that happen on a field...but I'm not going to try to win a battle between the lines by complaining in the media about what happens on the field. Those things that happen in the trenches etc....its like vegas...what happens in the trenches should stay in the trenches. We've got our own share of knuckleheads and guys that make regrettable decisions but trying to play the good guys in the media...naw...there are no good guys...we are all guilty of something....and I saw enough from the Steelers the other night to say that game was a disgrace to sportsmanship on both sides....and yes the fans actions were deplorable too....not sure which queen's city Cincy is named after....perhaps it should be Bloody Mary...Mary the first.

14 hours ago, Gnutella0 said:

That's pretty impressive. I have been a Colts fan since 1984 and have roughly been to probably around 40-45 games when you factor in my 31 seasons of being a fan. I didn't go to any games this season and anymore tend to like to stay home and watch in the comforts of my own home on the big screen with food and drink but I used to average going to 1 or 2 games a season. Out of state games I have been too, one was Illinois in 2004. Peyton torched the Bears that season so that was pleasant, Chicago fans are wild. That was the season Peyton had 49 TD's. I have also seen the Texans a few times in the old dome here in Indy and in Lucas Oil the first year it was built in 2008. I was at the game in 2013 when we smoked the Texans 25-3, nice win by Andrew. I have seen the Titans and Jags several times as well over the years too. I have seen the Cowboys here in 1999, the game where Marvin made Deion look like a fool haha. I also seen the Jets here in 2000, Colts won that one too. Just friends that have got me tickets over the years.  Best game I ever attended was in 2009 though when we played the Patriots. Peyton to Reggie, 35-34! That was an epic comeback win.

19 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

lmao  Lol. That would be really funny. There is no way you would do that, 2006CBE.  You are one of the least confrontational members here. So, while you may love to do that,  I just don't see YOU doing it. haha 

As for this topic, I was rooting for Cincy. I was almost as disappointed that they lost as I was when the Vikings lost. I think all fan bases have good and bad fans. It is unfortunate that a good game like that was marred by actions of just a few. Most fans are good people, even some Patriots fans. ;)

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

lmao  Lol. That would be really funny. There is no way you would do that, 2006CBE.  You are one of the least confrontational members here. So, while you may love to do that,  I just don't see YOU doing it. haha 

As for this topic, I was rooting for Cincy. I was almost as disappointed that they lost as I was when the Vikings lost. I think all fan bases have good and bad fans. It is unfortunate that a good game like that was marred by actions of just a few. Most fans are good people, even some Patriots fans. ;)

Nah I would never do that haha but it would be funny you have to admit. Saying WooHoo Peyton is the man, Yeahhhh after every rep LOL.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I don't really like the Steelers so I would've loved to see Cincy win too but I think the Broncos get the better draw this weekend because of the Steelers injuries.

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'm sure you'd get a lot of looks and a lot of HGH comments!

22 hours ago, Gnutella0 said:

You don't have to be physically violent to be unstable, unlikable, and annoying. I've never met a Steelers fan that I'd care to meet again.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Is that going to be your excuse when Denver wins it all this all this year. haha I can already see it now. After Peyton wins it all the Patriots Boards will say Peyton is a steroid head LOL.

Nope, not at all.

But i DO wonder, however, what all your excuses will be if the Patriots happen to win it! There's always something!!!

2 minutes ago, dynasty13 said:

Nope, not at all.

But i DO wonder, however, what all your excuses will be if the Patriots happen to win it! There's always something!!!

I will have no excuses. If the Patriots win it all I will give them full credit considering they have had a lot key injuries and don't have HFA either. They aren't winning in MileHigh though so I don't have much to worry about :-). Yes my team is the Colts of course and we aren't even in it but I picked Denver to win the SB on this Site from the beginning and have stuck with it so I will still have bragging rights if Denver wins it.

On 1/13/2016 at 11:17 AM, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

As a follow up to this post........  Funny thing,  Those Steelers fans that were at the Gym after the Bengals game last week, and again on Wednesday and Friday sporting their fan gear and spouting off.....

Not ONE of those Steelers fans showed up at the Gym today. :)   And I wore Orange and Blue just for them.  Dang.

I don't feel sorry for Cincinatti at all. 

They had no business even being in that game. They were getting shut out, until Ben's injury sparked life into their lifeless team. 

People feel sorry for this team and talk how about they should have won, but are forgetting how they were getting slaughtered until Burfict knocked out the QB, RB, and in the very end their WR. 

What's funny is, Marvin Lewis will get a contract extension next year following a 4th year straight of going one and done. One and done is a tradition with this team.