Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts really had a good game today

Yoshinator

I'm late to the party as I had some important matters to attend to, but the Colts played well today at least in the running game and on defense. For what it's worth, Gore played his best game of the season IMO, and the defense tried really hard. Langford, Mathis and McGill with two sacks each actually generated a pass rush and laid down the wood and Vontae got a nice INT as well. It's probably too little too late, but this game shows, that if we have a healthy Luck and can click on all cylinders, we could be a good team. Just about getting our act together and scoring. We need Luck to have any chance, but if we get him, our potenial is the SB. I think one more good draft on defense like last year's and an O-Lineman can put us over the top along with a healthy Luck.

Got to stay consistent. That's the biggest issue. We look great one game, then give up 50 points 2 weeks in a row. It's tough. I think the defense fought hard knowing we HAD to win this game and knowing offense was probably going to be rough again with our QB situation. I just wish our defense had that mind set for every game. 

11 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Got to stay consistent. That's the biggest issue. We look great one game, then give up 50 points 2 weeks in a row. It's tough. I think the defense fought hard knowing we HAD to win this game and knowing offense was probably going to be rough again with our QB situation. I just wish our defense had that mind set for every game. 

Agreed, we need to think of every game as a must win, whether it is the first game of the season or the last. Hasselback tried hard, then he started to tail off. We need Luck to lead this team. I hope we get the right players to do that in the draft next year. Need all the help we can get.

33 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Agreed, we need to think of every game as a must win, whether it is the first game of the season or the last. Hasselback tried hard, then he started to tail off. We need Luck to lead this team. I hope we get the right players to do that in the draft next year. Need all the help we can get.

Inconsistency seems to plague the team.  Today they came out and played well, but other times they come out unprepared.  Against Jacksonville a couple weeks ago, they looked good the first half, then were blown out in the second.  Against Houston, they looked decent the first half, then were shut out in the second.  It's pretty disheartening how inconsistent this team is.  

In the end I'm not sure if it's a combination of just everything, lack of talent, depth, playmakers, coaching, schemes, preparation and injuries.

No, we just played Miami.

That last play was a picture of the dolphins season. Half the guys didn't know what was going on, the other half just didn't give a crap.

We're the same mediocre or worse team we've been all season. We just finally came up against the most hapless organization in the league.

35 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

That last play was a picture of the dolphins season. Half the guys didn't know what was going on, the other half just didn't give a crap.

We're the same mediocre or worse team we've been all season. We just finally came up against the most hapless organization in the league.

Bingo!! Offense went inept 2nd half once again

Bingo!! Offense went inept 2nd half once again

Honestly I'm bewildered as to how Gore didn't end up having a 100 yard game. He was at what, 72 in the first half?

Mike Chappell tweeted during halftime that the only way he didn't top 100 was if we didn't let him.

Which turned out to be a very accurate premonition. Miami stacked the hell out of the box, but we couldn't get anything going in the passing game to back them off of that.

BUT! Coby Fleener DID break his first tackle ever today. I nearly fell on the floor when I saw it. So there was that.

Luck makes both the Offense and Defense better.  But only if he's healthy.  If we could have sustained drives longer in games, the Defense would not be winded in the second half.  Luck can do that.  

Sadly, pretty sure Colts season ends next week -too much has to happen-.

But Injuries killed us this year, Anderson on the line was nearly devastating.

Today, Defense played pretty good, especially the front 7.  But it was vrs. an inept Dolphins team.

We DESPERATELY need another man corner opposite Davis.  The secondary gets torched for 300+ yards EVERY game...>.<

Hopefully, we grab a Guard, Corner, and LB in top 3 draft this year. IMO

39 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Luck makes both the Offense and Defense better.  But only if he's healthy.  If we could have sustained drives longer in games, the Defense would not be winded in the second half.  Luck can do that.  

Sadly, pretty sure Colts season ends next week -too much has to happen-.

But Injuries killed us this year, Anderson on the line was nearly devastating.

Today, Defense played pretty good, especially the front 7.  But it was vrs. an inept Dolphins team.

We DESPERATELY need another man corner opposite Davis.  The secondary gets torched for 300+ yards EVERY game...>.<

Hopefully, we grab a Guard, Corner, and LB in top 3 draft this year. IMO

That's what I'm looking for too. We have stop the pass and protect Luck.

We need to sign a FA C first off all. Draft CB OLB and a G agreed. 

If we start the year with Holmes again we are in trouble. He really stinks. 

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:
4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm late to the party as I had some important matters to attend to, but the Colts played well today at least in the running game and on defense. For what it's worth, Gore played his best game of the season IMO, and the defense tried really hard. Langford, Mathis and McGill with two sacks each actually generated a pass rush and laid down the wood and Vontae got a nice INT as well. It's probably too little too late, but this game shows, that if we have a healthy Luck and can click on all cylinders, we could be a good team. Just about getting our act together and scoring. We need Luck to have any chance, but if we get him, our potenial is the SB. I think one more good draft on defense like last year's and an O-Lineman can put us over the top along with a healthy Luck.

You realize we played the dolphins today?

2 hours ago, John Waylon said:

.., BUT! Coby Fleener DID break his first tackle ever today. I nearly fell on the floor when I saw it. So there was that.

lol, word!

Although, he had one heck of an ebarrassing dropped pass not long after.

I say re-sign him, but it should be a very cheap contact, for his body of work constitutes very little over vet min, for all his mediocrity.   I say that very seriously, btw.  He's just not worth significant dollars, at all, based on what little he has so far accomplished. 

10 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

I was in Vegas and saw a little of the game from various sports bars we passed.  I'm interested in the O-line lineup and how it performed.

I saw that Harrison and Holmes on the field at the same time.  What happened there?  Was one at Center and one at Guard?

Holmes was in for Thorton. I believe he got a little banged up.

16 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yes, we played well against a good Miami team.
 So good, we actually looked like we were prepared and reasonably well coached.
Good grief kid!

1 hour ago, GwinnettColt said:

How did Holmes do at guard?

Seemed to fill in alright as a pass protector but not so much in the run game. Hugh Thorton was in the entire 1st half and Gore rushed for 70+ yards and 2 TD's. Hugh sat out the 2nd half and Gore had like 12 yards so...yeah lol. In Holmes' defense though they where stacking the box the 2nd half, and Thorton is arguably the best run blocker on the team.