Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts West. Arizona Cardinals.

MCurtis32

50 minutes ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Funny how most on here, me included, thought Arians went long ball too often and wasn't playing to the strengths of Andrew Luck. Nobody ever questioned his leadership, just his playcalling. Now he`s again a candidate for HC of the Year..

The criticism is was fair.  I'm not sure what that has to do with him being coach of the year.

1 hour ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

Funny how most on here, me included, thought Arians went long ball too often and wasn't playing to the strengths of Andrew Luck. Nobody ever questioned his leadership, just his playcalling. Now he`s again a candidate for HC of the Year..

Irsay will forever regret sticking with Pagano and letting Arians go. That man is the finest coach in the league right now, and I'm rooting for Arizona to bring home their first Super Bowl in franchise history. 

19 minutes ago, Bogie said:

Irsay will forever regret sticking with Pagano and letting Arians go. That man is the finest coach in the league right now, and I'm rooting for Arizona to bring home their first Super Bowl in franchise history. 

Use you head once in awhile.   No way could they fire Pagano.  Even if they did,   Bruce wouldn't have taken the job under those circumstances.    Jesus 

1 hour ago, SOMDColtsfan said:

I never had an issue with Arians, the head coach. I had an issue with Arians, the play caller. Still do.

What's ironic is that the guy was riding into retirement after being dismissed by the Steelers, and Pagano calls him and offers him a job. Before that, he wasn't linked to any other coordinator jobs, and had basically never had a shot at a head coaching job. If not for his three month job interview in 2012, he probably never gets a head coaching gig. And yet, he's clearly cut out for it.

As much as I have a problem with Arians' play calling, hiring him was probably the best decision Pagano has made. I wonder how different things would be for the Colts if he didn't get hired by the Cardinals.

22 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

No he won't, there was no way Arians would have been picked over Pagano.

And that explains why the Colts can't win 10 games this year, while Arians has turned the Cardinals into a powerhouse and resurrected Carson Palmer when everyone thought he was washed up and done. 

Irsay will regret it when Arians brings a Super Bowl home to Phoenix. 

2 minutes ago, Bogie said:

And that explains why the Colts can't win 10 games this year, while Arians has turned the Cardinals into a powerhouse and resurrected Carson Palmer when everyone thought he was washed up and done. 

Irsay will regret it when Arians brings a Super Bowl home to Phoenix. 

Again, no he won't.

I love the revisionists history some on here like to indulge in..... in no way, shape or form did Irsay choose Pagano over Arians???? Absolutely ridiculous! Pagano had leukemia and Arians did an incredible job leading the team in Pagano's absence.  Arians did such a fine job that he started receiving HC offers and accepted the Card's job. How is that "choosing" one over the other? It's funny as the same ones who claim that would be complaining that Pagano was unjustly fired for getting sick...lol, can't win with some of you?

On 12/28/2015 at 8:18 PM, ColtsBTM12 said:

I'm really starting to think that Arizona is going to win the SB

If Carson Palmer hadn't hurt his knee last season they probably would have won the SB. They honestly were the team to beat until Nov. 2014 when he tore his ACL.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2015 at 7:49 PM, Bogie said:

Regret is the wrong word I think.   More a case of him forever wondering or thinking about what could have been.

The Colts had no choice but to keep Pagano.   It is what it is.

Hope they let Pagano go in a week.

yeah Arians was the coach we should have kept/had.  I didnt always agree with his play calling but if he had stayed we could have built an OL to make that work.  I have like the Cards for a long time something about the underdog/dismal team thing I guess they have sure turned things around and it is great to see some of our old faces be a major part of that.  I hope they win the SB I will be cheering for them for sure.

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Regret is the wrong word I think.   More a case of him forever wondering or thinking about what could have been.

The Colts had no choice but to keep Pagano.   It is what it is.

Hope they let Pagano go in a week.

The only person that wanted Bruce Arians was Chuck Pagano. He received zero consideration from the Colts when they were looking for a head coach, and there was zero chance that they would have given Arians Pagano's job. 

This is just like any other situation when a coordinator gets hired away. It happens all the time.

59 minutes ago, Superman said:

The only person that wanted Bruce Arians was Chuck Pagano. He received zero consideration from the Colts when they were looking for a head coach, and there was zero chance that they would have given Arians Pagano's job. 

This is just like any other situation when a coordinator gets hired away. It happens all the time.

Yeah, but this is one where everyone knew he was better than Pagano.   The Colts couldn't do anything even if they wanted to. 

Like I said, the Colts couldn't do anything, but we lost a great coach.

Just now, Myles said:

Yeah, but this is one where everyone knew he was better than Pagano.   The Colts couldn't do anything even if they wanted to. 

Like I said, the Colts couldn't do anything, but we lost a great coach.

Revisionist history. I don't think there was a legitimate case for Arians being a better head coach than Pagano at the end of 2012. 

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Revisionist history. I don't think there was a legitimate case for Arians being a better head coach than Pagano at the end of 2012. 

I'm going off of what I seen on the field.   The team seemed more ready and disciplined under Arians.  Myself and the group of guys I talk Colts football with all though the team was better run under Arians.   I know it's a small sample size, but we didn't see many coaching errors (clock control, timeouts, ect..).  

Just my opinion though. 

Arizona, Chicago and Philly seen the same as they were interested in him as the head coach. 

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

I'm going off of what I seen on the field.   The team seemed more ready and disciplined under Arians.  Myself and the group of guys I talk Colts football with all though the team was better run under Arians.   I know it's a small sample size, but we didn't see many coaching errors (clock control, timeouts, ect..).  

Just my opinion though. 

Arizona, Chicago and Philly seen the same as they were interested in him as the head coach. 

I feel like there were plenty of little game management issues, timeouts, challenges, etc., with Arians. He also sometimes struggled getting into a play calling groove, and did some of the same things I criticized Pep for. But again, history has proven that he's a pretty doggone good head coach. I'm happy for him, but I never saw him as being a potential replacement for Pagano unless Pagano chose to resign or didn't get better.

Chicago and Philly both passed on Arians, by the way. As did San Diego and Cleveland.

Ironically, Arians nearly turned down the Cardinals because they had just fired Whisenhunt, Arians' former assistant in Pittsburgh.

6 minutes ago, Superman said:

I feel like there were plenty of little game management issues, timeouts, challenges, etc., with Arians. He also sometimes struggled getting into a play calling groove, and did some of the same things I criticized Pep for. But again, history has proven that he's a pretty doggone good head coach. I'm happy for him, but I never saw him as being a potential replacement for Pagano unless Pagano chose to resign or didn't get better.

Chicago and Philly both passed on Arians, by the way. As did San Diego and Cleveland.

Ironically, Arians nearly turned down the Cardinals because they had just fired Whisenhunt, Arians' former assistant in Pittsburgh.

I've seen more game management issues with Pagano through the years.  But that is subjective.  Arians came into the HC position rather quickly and managed to do great with a rookie QB, a rookie RB, 2 rookie TE's and a rookie Hilton.  

I bet Chicago, Philly, San Diego and Cleveland are kicking themselves now.  

I'm also happy for him and am rooting for the Cardinals in the NFC.