Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Morris Claiborne

I don't think Alabama even tried to throw the ball his way once. (please let me know if i'm wrong on that) It would be awesome if we could get this guy in a Colts uniform some how!! He's probably the best coverage corner in college that i've seen in a long time.

Yeah, Noah..I was waiting for the Tide to challenge him and they just didnt..

Their QB was shaky and they never trailed..so they didnt have to...

Claiborne might be the one college player who would start for us opening day..next September

how about the bama corner? dont they have the second best cb prospect?

i did not get to watch the game-- any scouting reports from those who did?

Dre Kirkpatrick? I think he's expected to enter the NFL draft though I don't think he's declared yet. If so he's also expected to go from 10-20 in the first round.

Take Luck in the 1st and then in the 2nd take Jarius Wright, WR our of Arkansas. His height (5'10) and Weight (188) will be the only thing that keeps him out of the 1st round. Is one of the fastest WRs in the draft, a superb route runner, very good hands and very tough with 44 starts in his time at Arkansas.

I think the Colts still have an issue at guard (and they need a better back-up at tackle that Linkenonhisbach) but I don't see much of a difference between 2nd round OG and 4th round OG so that may be a hole they can fill in the later rounds.

Take Luck in the 1st and then in the 2nd take Jarius Wright, WR our of Arkansas. His height (5'10) and Weight (188) will be the only thing that keeps him out of the 1st round. Is one of the fastest WRs in the draft, a superb route runner, very good hands and very tough with 44 starts in his time at Arkansas.

I think the Colts still have an issue at guard (and they need a better back-up at tackle that Linkenonhisbach) but I don't see much of a difference between 2nd round OG and 4th round OG so that may be a hole they can fill in the later rounds.

Claiborne would be better over the span of his career for us than would Luck. He would also get to play for the first half of it.

Guard is an issue we should look at, though Reitz and Diem were both pretty good this year.

I sincerely hope you mean Kendall Wright out of Baylor.

If so, and Reggie Wayne leaves, I wouldn't mind that.

I sincerely hope you mean Kendall Wright out of Baylor.

If so, and Reggie Wayne leaves, I wouldn't mind that.

No, I don't mean Kendall Wright out of Baylor, I mean what I wrote, Jarius Wright out of Arkansas. Although I would not have a problem with Kendall Wright either, I just think the Pats will take him with their 2nd 1st round pick,

Claiborne would be better over the span of his career for us than would Luck. He would also get to play for the first half of it.

Guard is an issue we should look at, though Reitz and Diem were both pretty good this year.

Kind of hard to say that with such absolution.

Reitz was good last year and showed some improvement. Tepper also showed some good skills but, IMO, he is a solid back-up but not starter material. Additionally, I don't think Diem will be back in 2012.

I think we can go with Dwight Jones at top of round 3 as WR, and go CB in round 2 if we go Luck in round 1. However, that CB can be SS if Mark Barron somehow makes it to No.34. Either way, secondary help in round 2.

To be honest, the Colts can trade down in round 2 - our pick No.34 and pick No.65 is almost equal in value to the two second round picks of the Eagles pick No.46 and pick No.51. Thus, we can have 3 picks in the first 51 picks. So, there is a good chance we can address the secondary and WR position with picks No.46 and No.51 without worrying about not getting the guy we want.

I think we can go with Dwight Jones at top of round 3 as WR, and go CB in round 2 if we go Luck in round 1. However, that CB can be SS if Mark Barron somehow makes it to No.34. Either way, secondary help in round 2.

To be honest, the Colts can trade down in round 2 - our pick No.34 and pick No.65 is almost equal in value to the two second round picks of the Eagles pick No.46 and pick No.51. Thus, we can have 3 picks in the first 51 picks. So, there is a good chance we can address the secondary and WR position with picks No.46 and No.51 without worrying about not getting the guy we want.

I like the idea of trading the 2nd round pick. At 46 and 51 the Colts would still be able to (most likely) get a starting RG and a starting safety or WR. I think with Ruckers and Thomas and Powers (for 8 games a year) the Colts should be good at CB next year. But I would not be opposed to a CB.

...What??? First try and explain to me why the Eagles would make this trade... and then why would we make this trade? We would worry about not getting the guy we want a lot if you trade back that far.

...What??? First try and explain to me why the Eagles would make this trade... and then why would we make this trade? We would worry about not getting the guy we want a lot if you trade back that far.

If the Eagles are deciding to get rid of DeSean Jackson, and let us say Kendall Wright of Baylor or Alshon Jeffery of South Carolina drops to the No.34 spot and they want to move up, it would make sense for them to move up and get the player they want. From our side, if we do not have any first round rated caliber players at No.34 that we do not wish to reach for, we might as well get the ones we have rated round 2 potential guys at No.46 and No.51. That is my reasoning. Maybe we can get more if the Eagles are desperate but I am just equating based on trade value.

If the Eagles are deciding to get rid of DeSean Jackson, and let us say Kendall Wright of Baylor or Alshon Jeffery of South Carolina drops to the No.34 spot and they want to move up, it would make sense for them to move up and get the player they want. From our side, if we do not have any first round rated caliber players at No.34 that we do not wish to reach for, we might as well get the ones we have rated round 2 potential guys at No.46 and No.51. That is my reasoning. Maybe we can get more if the Eagles are desperate but I am just equating based on trade value.

Ok, I just thought that was a very random trade proposal hahah. I think we can get a very good player at #34 so that's why I didn't like the idea of trading back.

Ok, I just thought that was a very random trade proposal hahah. I think we can get a very good player at #34 so that's why I didn't like the idea of trading back.

If DeCastro is sitting there at No.34, I think he could be the next Logan Mankins and I would pull the trigger on drafting him. Not sure how others feel about it.

If DeCastro is sitting there at No.34, I think he could be the next Logan Mankins and I would pull the trigger on drafting him. Not sure how others feel about it.

If we traded back, #34 was my spot to either draft Kelechi Osemele or Cordy Glenn. If David DeCastro is still there then I'd definitely draft him. Trading back allows us to address a bunch of our needs.

Most mocks I've seen has DeCastro gone around the 15th overall pick in the 1st round. The earliest at the #9 spot. The latest at the #20 spot.

Yeah I know that's where he is projected to go, that's kind of why I said that #34 is where I want us to draft Osemele or Glenn... Chad72 brought up DeCastro and I would probably draft him if he was there at #34. After a trade back from the #1 pick that is.

This would be a wonderful get. The one thing Pagano rarely had in Baltimore was good CB's. Could you imagine if a guy notorious for his secondary development got to kick things off with a guy like this? So much more useful than a guy who won't play.

Yes, look at how great the Jets have done since they got Darrelle Revis...erm...I'm trying to count all their Super Bowl titles, give me a minute...oh that's right, none. But yeah, let's pick a cornerback over a quarterback, they're clearly more important.

This would be a wonderful get. The one thing Pagano rarely had in Baltimore was good CB's. Could you imagine if a guy notorious for his secondary development got to kick things off with a guy like this? So much more useful than a guy who won't play.

I've been thinking about that too, I think that Chuck Pagano would love for us to trade the #1 pick so that he could draft several talented defensive players high in the draft. I hope Morris Claiborne is one of them! He was really good at LSU last year.

Yes, look at how great the Jets have done since they got Darrelle Revis...erm...I'm trying to count all their Super Bowl titles, give me a minute...oh that's right, none. But yeah, let's pick a cornerback over a quarterback, they're clearly more important.

Why would you pick a QB over a defense? Clearly defense is more important than offense, which is why defense is more important than the quarterback. You get much more than just a CB in a trade back from the #1 pick. I've said it before and I'll say it again, offenses win games, defenses win championships...

Why would you pick a QB over a defense? Clearly defense is more important than offense, which is why defense is more important than the quarterback. You get much more than just a CB in a trade back from the #1 pick. I've said it before and I'll say it again, offenses win games, defenses win championships...

Except, it's not over defense, it's over one defender. This thread directly concerns Morris Claiborne.

What has Pagano said to make you think he thinks that?

? Why do I have to hear anything he says, in fact I've only read a little of his conference when he became the head coach.

It's just another one of my uses of logic. What would you want if you were a defensive minded head coach? I think it seems pretty obvious that a coach who is trying to turn around a defense would want to draft several talented players high, 1st and 2nd rounders, on guys like Morris Claiborne and other quality players. I don't know what he wants to do, I just think that it seems like a pretty good idea to me.

? Why do I have to hear anything he says, in fact I've only read a little of his conference when he became the head coach.

Because the only reliable way to tell what someone is thinking is for them to say it or write it.
It's just another one of my uses of logic. What would you want if you were a defensive minded head coach? I think it seems pretty obvious that a coach who is trying to turn around a defense would want to draft several talented players high, 1st and 2nd rounders, on guys like Morris Claiborne and other quality players. I don't know what he wants to do, I just think that it seems like a pretty good idea to me.

You need to check your source, it doesn't seem logical. Pagano may feel that high picks on D are not needed, or he may feel that hgh picks for DT and ILB are good but the rest you can find in the later rounds. He may review the film and see there is a lot to work with and the Colts only need two or three pieces to complete the D. He may feel he can work with anyone on the D, so he wants to spend his high draft picks on his weak spot, offense. He may want to spend the first 4 rounds on the BPA in the trenches.

Because the only reliable way to tell what someone is thinking is for them to say it or write it.

You need to check your source, it doesn't seem logical. Pagano may feel that high picks on D are not needed, or he may feel that hgh picks for DT and ILB are good but the rest you can find in the later rounds. He may review the film and see there is a lot to work with and the Colts only need two or three pieces to complete the D. He may feel he can work with anyone on the D, so he wants to spend his high draft picks on his weak spot, offense. He may want to spend the first 4 rounds on the BPA in the trenches.

Lol that's good, because I only think we need 3 pieces on defense and the right coaching to make it very good! And did you just call the offense the weak spot? If we add a talented OG and a future successor for Reggie Wayne then I think we will be in good shape. We just need Peyton Manning back!

Lol that's good, because I only think we need 3 pieces on defense and the right coaching to make it very good!

Good for you. What does that have to do with anything?
And did you just call the offense the weak spot?
Umm, no read it again. Pagano's weak spot is offense.
If we add a talented OG and a future successor for Reggie Wayne then I think we will be in good shape. We just need Peyton Manning back!

Manning would cure a lot of ails. But what if he doesn't come back?

Good for you. What does that have to do with anything?

Umm, no read it again. Pagano's weak spot is offense.

Manning would cure a lot of ails. But what if he doesn't come back?

What does that have to do with anything? Read your post, you said Pagano might think that the defense only needs 2 or 3 players to become good...? And just because you said Pagano's weak spot is the offense doesn't mean it's the colts weak spot.

What does that have to do with anything? Read your post, you said Pagano might think that the defense only needs 2 or 3 players to become good...?

Yes but what does YOU thinking that is all the Colts need have to do with anythng? You are talking about how you think you know what Pagano is thinking.
And just because you said Pagano's weak spot is the offense doesn't mean it's the colts weak spot.

True, of course I never said it was the Colts weak spot, so I'm not sure why you are fixating on it.

Yes but what does YOU thinking that is all the Colts need have to do with anythng? You are talking about how you think you know what Pagano is thinking.

True, of course I never said it was the Colts weak spot, so I'm not sure why you are fixating on it.

...Really...?

Can you not interpret what I say or something? I was saying that for some reason you think adding only 3 players to a defense is not a lot???? That's a big part of the defense.

You called Pagano's weak spot offense, which makes no sense whatsoever when talking about the colts. It was unnecessary to bring up since you never said it was the colts weak spot. It didn't help your argument.