Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton has handled things well

oldunclemark

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, 19colt said:

Not practicing today tells me that Brock starts vs Cincinnati unless he really struggles this week. It will be an interesting game with the Broncos likely missing their top 3 safeties. Can Brock keep up with Big Ben if it becomes a shootout? 

I don't think there's an AFC team that can keep pace with the Steelers' O. IMO, Brock is too inexperienced. If the Broncos are missing any top D players, Steelers should win.

You guys should all go to the Broncos forum(s) if you want to dog people out, and trash them for siding with Brock when it comes to him vs Manning. 

I like Brock as a quarterback, and so do a lot of Denver fans. The majority of them wanted Brock the minute he beat NE. he didn't get out there and throw 3 or 4 interceptions and barely score 20 points like Manning was doing all year long before he was benched. 

Go to the Broncos forum, and tell Broncos fans how they should bow down to Manning just cause you guys bandwagon for him week in and week out, and have ever since he put on that orange uniform. 

Go tell Denver fans how CRAZY they are to want Brock as the starter, since Manning threw 7 TD's and 19 INT's when he was the starter.

Go dog them out, tell Broncos fans how insane they are for wanting a real quarterback, and not some old former great, washed up past their prime, that needs to retire. 

Manning is done. I'm sorry to tell you all that, but it's pretty much sealed at this point. He looked off last year, and no one wanted to talk about it. Every other quarterback in NFL history is put under a magnifying glass and their troubles are highlighted, all of them except Peyton Manning! Only quarterback ever, that can throw the game winning pick 6 in the SB, and the fans blame it on Reggie Wayne. Oh yeah, I still remember that. 

He needs to retire before risking his health. Remember how it ended for Brett Favre, it wasn't pretty. Those injuries stack up over time and can be troublesome for his health after he's done with football. 

Be happy he got his Super Bowl ring with the Colts, and you guys got to experience the man in his prime, in legend form in a blue and white uniform. Be thankful you didn't have to watch him win a ring outside a Colts uniform. 

If you guys want to dog anyone out over Brock vs Manning, go to Broncos forums, and take it up with Denver fans, and let them have the laugh. They know very well, that they need a younger QB, and Manning is on the twilight of his career, far past his good ole days. 

31 minutes ago, Bogie said:

You guys should all go to the Broncos forum(s) if you want to dog people out, and trash them for siding with Brock when it comes to him vs Manning. 

I like Brock as a quarterback, and so do a lot of Denver fans. The majority of them wanted Brock the minute he beat NE. he didn't get out there and throw 3 or 4 interceptions and barely score 20 points like Manning was doing all year long before he was benched. 

Go to the Broncos forum, and tell Broncos fans how they should bow down to Manning just cause you guys bandwagon for him week in and week out, and have ever since he put on that orange uniform. 

Go tell Denver fans how CRAZY they are to want Brock as the starter, since Manning threw 7 TD's and 19 INT's when he was the starter.

Go dog them out, tell Broncos fans how insane they are for wanting a real quarterback, and not some old former great, washed up past their prime, that needs to retire. 

Manning is done. I'm sorry to tell you all that, but it's pretty much sealed at this point. He looked off last year, and no one wanted to talk about it. Every other quarterback in NFL history is put under a magnifying glass and their troubles are highlighted, all of them except Peyton Manning! Only quarterback ever, that can throw the game winning pick 6 in the SB, and the fans blame it on Reggie Wayne. Oh yeah, I still remember that. 

He needs to retire before risking his health. Remember how it ended for Brett Favre, it wasn't pretty. Those injuries stack up over time and can be troublesome for his health after he's done with football. 

Be happy he got his Super Bowl ring with the Colts, and you guys got to experience the man in his prime, in legend form in a blue and white uniform. Be thankful you didn't have to watch him win a ring outside a Colts uniform. 

If you guys want to dog anyone out over Brock vs Manning, go to Broncos forums, and take it up with Denver fans, and let them have the laugh. They know very well, that they need a younger QB, and Manning is on the twilight of his career, far past his good ole days. 

Convincing the Broncos isn't important to them...convincing the Patriots is.

17 hours ago, Surge89 said:

We are bridging into a different subject altogether.  First we spoke of media and now about Manning accepting his bad games.   Which yes I do think he's improving on that to a degree. But everyone has bad games and most don't have a defense to hold their hand while they do have those bad games.

I never put the quality of a man come into the perception of a good player because it's apples and oranges.  The only integrity I care about is in reference to the game.  I could care less how they are off the field as long as both play the game fairly. These are competitive men and should be so competitive that it is to a fault.  So they will naturally be reluctant to share their faults and shortcoming because they want to be the best.   And that applies to both Brady and Manning. 

Actually, from my vantage point, both the media's treatment of 18 & Manning's ability to dissect & accept his role in a SB loss are identical to building blocks stacked on top of each other S89. Now, naturally Peyton can't predict what the media will ask him after a disappointing loss or perhaps it would be more accurate to say that he has no way of knowing how much intense scrutiny NFL reporters will throw in his direction after a SB defeat. 

I'm not after personal humiliation & degradation here. It's always a delicate balancing act between what your readers really wanna know, the stature/experience of the athlete in question, how the game unfolded/ended, & whether pressing the veteran elite QB on generic answers is mandatory since with the most experience comes the most heat or criticism overall when the lights are brightest & your team came up short. 

Yes, football is a team sport with defense & hopefully special teams making valuable contributions too. However, the QB is the most important piece on the chess board in terms of strategy, execution, & keeping his teammates focused & loose no matter what the score board indicates in any given quarter. 

If Peyton had beaten the Seahawks soundly in 2013, I'm quite sure Manning would have gladly elaborated on any play a reporter asked him about. Again, I'm not out for blood here or to pour salt into an open wound, I'm just saying that part of being a leader is answering the tough questions you'd rather not discuss at the moment. Yes, 18 took to the podium & met his press obligation. However, not then but later, just publicly declare down the road a few key instances during the game when your judgement came up short. 

I don't mind losing because it can happen to any QB any week. I know this largely because Manning can do things over an almost 2 decade long career that I couldn't pull off in my wildest dreams. I was more upset at reporters & a famous talk show host for not getting Peyton to acknowledge that his off night played a role in the final outcome. To be fair, the "Legion Of Boom" also played a vital role in Denver's demise in Feb. too. 

On 12/17/2015 at 3:50 PM, 19colt said:

If you pay attention to the Broncos you would know that Peyton has been nothing but classy to Brock and the organization during the whole situation. He has let Kubiak handle it and Kubiak has done that quite well. Broncos insiders also seem quite certain that Brock will play out the season unless he is injured or has a really bad game. Oakland doesn't come close to qualifying as a bad game for him. There was also photos of Brock and Peyton laughing together during warm ups. Two classy professionals right there.

My guess is that Peyton is back at practice (looking spry in a few clips that have leaked out) and is simply waiting to see if Brock does get hurt or play poorly and is probably sending out a message that he is healthy for his future team next year. Call me crazy but it would not surprise me one bit to see him suit up for Houston or St Louis next year running his own system. Teams with indoor stadiums and decent defenses. 

12369137_10153289288176381_2691321459389

It has been confirmed. Manning was held out of practice with foot soreness. It seems doubtful at this point that his foot is going to get back to close to 100 percent this season.

Peyton Manning held out of practice with foot soreness

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14395648/denver-broncos-qb-peyton-manning-sits-practice-foot-soreness

6 minutes ago, amfootball said:

It has been confirmed. Manning was held out of practice with foot soreness. It seems doubtful at this point that his foot is going to get back to close to 100 percent this season.

Peyton Manning held out of practice with foot soreness

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14395648/denver-broncos-qb-peyton-manning-sits-practice-foot-soreness

Don't celebrate too soon, a.am.

Its a foot injury. Of course his feet are sore when he starts running again.

No need to push it when he's not playing this week.

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Don't celebrate too soon, a.am.

Its a foot injury. Of course his feet are sore when he starts running again.

No need to push it when he's not playing this week.

Who is celebrating? Just stating what has been reported. It is significant that after two days of practice his foot was sore. And, if you believe his dad, it has been bothering him since August. BTW, Kubiak denied that report in the Denver Post saying the first he heard of Manning's foot bothering him was after the Colts game. That all being said, his type of injury which was know was torn vs the Colts, takes months to heal. He has been in a cast and a walking boot and still got soreness after just two days of throwing with the scout team. That is a pretty bad sign.

1 minute ago, amfootball said:

Who is celebrating? Just stating what has been reported.

.,.and adding your comment 'Its seems doubtful" ( not in the ESPN story, right?)

Its not unusually for someone coming back from afoot injury to feel soreness, right?

You do seem very negative about anything Peyton. Fair?

Just now, oldunclemark said:

.,.and adding your comment 'Its seems doubtful" ( not in the ESPN story, right?)

Its not unusually for someone coming back from afoot injury to feel soreness, right?

You do seem very negative about anything Peyton. Fair?

IMO, yes it seems doubtful as this is the first time he has practiced in over a month and got soreness after just two days. Maybe that is just part of the process. I don't know but from everything I have read on his injury it takes months to heal fully. Perhaps there is more treatment they can do. Kubiak did say that he did not see the soreness as a set back when asked but he also said he shut him down for Friday and the weekend but he will travel to the game and be on the sideline.

18 hours ago, 19colt said:

Not practicing today tells me that Brock starts vs Cincinnati unless he really struggles this week. It will be an interesting game with the Broncos likely missing their top 3 safeties. Can Brock keep up with Big Ben if it becomes a shootout? 

IMO, yes it seems doubtful as this is the first time he has practiced in over a month and got soreness after just two days. Maybe that is just part of the process. I don't know but from everything I have read on his injury it takes months to heal fully. Perhaps there is more treatment they can do. Kubiak did say that he did not see the soreness as a set back when asked but he also said he shut him down for Friday and the weekend but he will travel to the game and be on the sideline.

It is the process.

This is the same injury that Joakim Noah of the Bulls had and he played with it for a year.

Some days are better than other. You dont heal it 100% if you keep putting stress on the foot

Peyton he only has to play once a week.  He played 9 weeks with it but then came KC...when he couldn't plant and throw.

Folks said it was his arm....actually it was his base.

The fact that he may be on the sidelines tells me that he just has the natural soreness rehabbing this injury.

totally off topic but don't want to create another thread.

I was at a holiday party last night....  we have a new high level professional.

His first words are... "I am obsessed with all things Tom Brady"  GULP - I say oh wow.  Others chuckle...

Then this guy says...  oh who is your team.. COLTS I say. 

Trying to keep things civil.. LOL

He then states.. oh you still like Manning even though he is a choker with the choking gesture.... 

I then say well.. Yes but Luck is the Colts QB now. 

I stooped to his level and called his team a cheater.. he then said "well you guys piped in noise in 2006"  wth!!

I was so irritated.. laughed it off and humorously.

As his boss -I didn't want to start something... but I SO WANTED TO!!!

This latest story from the Post says the Manning's foot will not be 100 percent this season:

Frustrated in the knowledge it will be impossible for his injured left foot to heal 100 percent for the remainder of the season ... The challenge for Manning is to determine if he can play effectively enough to help the team while dealing with the slow-healing injury.

"The doc said that you've got to get it to a point of being able to manage it. He said: 'If you really want to feel great, go to the beach for two months,' " Manning told me.

"So you've got to get to a point where (the injury) doesn't affect you, and it doesn't affect other parts of your body. That's my goal. Looking back on it, I probably played on it where it compromised me. And I know I don't play as well as I used to when I'm not feeling as well as I'd like."

Read full story here, http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_29290263/peyton-manning-willing-do-whatever-helps-broncos-when

On 12/19/2015 at 11:36 AM, oldunclemark said:

Direct quote from Peyton on not wanting to be backup QB

"It's a flat-out lie. It's insulting. And it's distracting." Manning said. He spoke calmly but refuted the report in the strongest terms. "That's 100 percent bull----. No. 1, it is bull----. And No. 2, it's insulting. The worst part about being hurt is that a lot of people seem to know everything about you and speak for you, even when it's somebody you don't even know."

Looking at the upcoming schedule.  It is a very real possibility that Denver does NOT make the playoffs.  A loss against Cinci, and the foregone conclusion that KC beats Cleveland, KC will then take the lead of the division. You also have the Steelers facing the Ravens, which is winnable for the Steelers. 

In week 17 KC faces the raiders at home and can beat them.  So even if Denver beats SD, KC will still remain in the division lead. Then the Steelers face the Browns.  It would be a 3 way 11-5 tie putting Denver at 3rd. 

The only thing keeping them in the playoffs will be the Jets vs Patriots next week.  If the Jets win (and beat the bills in week 17), They take the last wildcard spot available.  Denver will be 11-5 and watching KC, Jets, and Steelers in the playoffs with the same record as them.

If that happens, oh the speculations will fly, what if they had played Peyton.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2015 at 11:54 PM, Bogie said:

Only quarterback ever, that can throw the game winning pick 6 in the SB, and the fans blame it on Reggie Wayne. Oh yeah, I still remember that. 

Be thankful you didn't have to watch him win a ring outside a Colts uniform. 

Its not a bandwagon when you are cheering for an individual person. 

Of course you do, cause it is known Reggie ran the wrong route.  it was clear after the pick between them two. But sure, lets bring up non-relevant information.

I would have liked to see that.

That's fine.  Denver fans are obviously fickle if they feel that way.  To them, manning has done nothing... Other than make them not the bottom feeder of the division, with an at best 9-7 record (mostly 8-8), since 2005 when Jake Plummer left.   Manning is also 2 years removed from having the most historical season a QB could have.  Far past his good ole days?  Long term memory issues?

Forgive some people if they feel Denver is being a little bit ungrateful. 

Looks like Brock will start vs Cincy (Kubiak said nothing has changed on Monday) as Manning tries to practice again this week. The injury is not going to heal 100 percent so he is trying to get it to a point where he can just manage the pain and play well. So that is the rub here. How well can he play with it. It will be worth noting if he can get through all 3 days of practice without pain to where he has to stop like last week when he sat out on Friday. Also, Brock said his shoulder is Ok.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29294795/now-nothing-changes-qbs-peyton-manning-plan-awaits

1 hour ago, amfootball said:

Looks like Brock will start vs Cincy (Kubiak said nothing has changed on Monday) as Manning tries to practice again this week. The injury is not going to heal 100 percent so he is trying to get it to a point where he can just manage the pain and play well. So that is the rub here. How well can he play with it. It will be worth noting if he can get through all 3 days of practice without pain to where he has to stop like last week when he sat out on Friday. Also, Brock said his shoulder is Ok.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29294795/now-nothing-changes-qbs-peyton-manning-plan-awaits

You spin things better than some of these NY Post writers.

Kubiak made it clear that he is making no declarations till Wednesday when he has the plan laid out for Manning. If Manning is healthy enough to play, he will be the Broncos starter. Brock hasn't played well in the 2nd half's of games for some weeks now.

2 minutes ago, Restored said:

Kubiak made it clear that he is making no declarations till Wednesday when he has the plan laid out for Manning. If Manning is healthy enough to play, he will be the Broncos starter. Brock hasn't played well in the 2nd half's of games for some weeks now.

?? I said it will be worth noting if Manning can get through 3 days of practice without pain like last week which forced him to sit Friday so he can get the nod to at least be active and/or start. 

6 minutes ago, amfootball said:

?? I said it will be worth noting if Manning can get through 3 days of practice without pain like last week which forced him to sit Friday so he can get the nod to at least be active and/or start. 

You said nothing about Manning being active or starting in your post. In fact, you inferred the opposite.

14 minutes ago, Restored said:

I have the 3 muskateers on ignore, so I miss a lot of posts unless someone quotes them.  

In response to the subject at hand, This is what Kubiak said:

"We'll have a plan in place when we get to Wednesday," Kubiak added, "but right now, my thoughts are with the team and getting through the corrections, those type of things and moving forward.However, the situation this week is different with  Brock Osweiler recovering from the left shoulder bruise through which he played the end of the first quarter and all of the second half in Sunday's 34-27 loss to the Steelers.

1 minute ago, Restored said:

You said nothing about Manning being active or starting in your post. In fact, you inferred the opposite.

It is referred in this statement: How well can he play with it. It will be worth noting if he can get through all 3 days of practice without pain to where he has to stop like last week when he sat out on Friday.

The other thing to keep in mind here aside from him getting through a week of practice is that he has to actually take first team reps to get he nod to start. If he is still with the scout team for all 3 days and has no pain, I would think he would at least be active and be the back up.

It is referred in this statement: How well can he play with it. It will be worth noting if he can get through all 3 days of practice without pain to where he has to stop like last week when he sat out on Friday.

The other thing to keep in mind here aside from him getting through a week of practice is that he has to actually take first team reps to get he nod to start. If he is still with the scout team for all 3 days and has no pain, I would think he would at least be active and be the back up.

I'm looking at your above quote and I see absolutely nothing about Manning starting.

If Manning is healthy, he will be the starter which means he will get the first team reps. If he has no pain, he will run the first team as part of the next step in his process. Stop with the spin already.

2 minutes ago, Restored said:

If Manning is healthy, he will be the starter which means he will get the first team reps. If he has no pain, he will run the first team as part of the next step in his process. Stop with the spin already.

Pretty much what I said. With the "IF Manning is healthy" being the biggest question as he was not able to make it through 3 days last week throwing with the scout team. I would imagine Kubiak has him with scout team Wed to see how he is doing and if everything goes fine then maybe he gets first team reps Thursday. This is a huge decision as this Cincy game can decide the division for the Broncos if they win or potentially drop them to a WC or even out of the playoffs.

3 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Pretty much what I said. With the "IF Manning is healthy" being the biggest question as he was not able to make it through 3 days last week throwing with the scout team. I would imagine Kubiak has him with scout team Wed to see how he is doing and if everything goes fine then maybe he gets first team reps Thursday. This is a huge decision as this Cincy game can decide the division for the Broncos if they win or potentially drop them to a WC or even out of the playoffs.

How can it be pretty much what you said when you didn't say it LOL?

Peyton never wanted to be anywhere but Indy. He is still capable of helping a descent team win until they can bring in a genuine starter through the draft or trade. I say the Texans will go after him in a one season role to keep the offense above water while their defense wins out over the opponents. the Texans schedule is weak and so Manning could easily pile up some wins for them. Strictly speculation but I can't see Manning in Denver next year if Elway is still alive.

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

Peyton never wanted to be anywhere but Indy. He is still capable of helping a descent team win until they can bring in a genuine starter through the draft or trade. I say the Texans will go after him in a one season role to keep the offense above water while their defense wins out over the opponents. the Texans schedule is weak and so Manning could easily pile up some wins for them. Strictly speculation but I can't see Manning in Denver next year if Elway is still alive.

The would be Texans situation is basically the same as the Broncos situation now. Stacked roster, * coach and no quarterback (obviously the Broncos have Brock but as Bill Parcels would say, don't put him in Canton yet). All that really needs to happen is for Peyton to get healthy.

Yeah. I think Denver is over after this year.

I am not sure he will have many suitors in 2016 given his age, injury history and decline. I think his best bet will probably be for a team that wants him to sell tickets and merchandize similar to the Titans wanting him back in 2012. Maybe the Saints if Brees moves on ..

I think Peyton will retire after this season. Nothing I have heard but he has all the main records and a SB Ring. I really don't think he would choose Houston if he did play 1 more season because he doesn't want to play Indy twice a franchise he still adores. One reason why he didn't choose the Titans was because he said he didn't want to play us twice a year and be in our Division. He didn't choose the 49ers because he said he didn't want to play against brother in the Playoffs. I think he gets healthy and makes 1 last strong run at it this season. We will see.

54 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

The would be Texans situation is basically the same as the Broncos situation now. Stacked roster, * coach and no quarterback (obviously the Broncos have Brock but as Bill Parcels would say, don't put him in Canton yet). All that really needs to happen is for Peyton to get healthy.

I agree wholeheartedly.  I have never believed Peyton would go anywhere else to play.  I think when he is done in Denver (which very well already might be the case) then he'll be done period.

Having said that, I still expect to see him on the field in Denver at some point.  JMO

Around The NFLVerified account @AroundTheNFL 4m4 minutes ago

Brock Osweiler to start for Broncos versus Bengals on Monday; Peyton Manning will not be active this week, team announces.

According to the Broncos, coach Gary Kubiak notified the team Wednesday morning of the situation. Manning will not practice Wednesday as he's been unable to move forward with the torn plantar fascia. He had hoped to practice this week but clearly his body did not cooperate. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29303188/brock-osweiler-start-vs-bengals-peyton-manning-expected-be-inactive

I wonder if his foot hurting on Friday was a bigger issue then Kubiak let on.

13 hours ago, amfootball said:

I wonder if his foot hurting on Friday was a bigger issue then Kubiak let on.

One of the most reliable reporters in Denver (Vic Lombardi) has been saying for weeks that the only reason Manning isn't on IR is in case Brock has a major injury. He also says Elway never wanted Manning back and the decision to keep him on this year came from above Elway. Today (Brock being named starter and Kubiak saying Peyton will only practice on his own in the mornings, inactive on MNF) has really started to solidify this story. He has gone on to say that some of the leaks from the Manning camp are being put out there so Manning appears "injured" and not "old" because Manning wants to play in 2016. 

I think Houston makes sense for everyone and they reportedly already tried to get him once before. Weak division, good defense, indoor stadium, need a QB desperately and won't get a sure thing in the draft. They may even let him run his own system as IMO Elway driven change around week 13 last season (and his health) has been his downfall in Denver. I really can't see Manning going out with the worst game in his career as his last. 

4 hours ago, 19colt said:

One of the most reliable reporters in Denver (Vic Lombardi) has been saying for weeks that the only reason Manning isn't on IR is in case Brock has a major injury. He also says Elway never wanted Manning back and the decision to keep him on this year came from above Elway. Today (Brock being named starter and Kubiak saying Peyton will only practice on his own in the mornings, inactive on MNF) has really started to solidify this story. He has gone on to say that some of the leaks from the Manning camp are being put out there so Manning appears "injured" and not "old" because Manning wants to play in 2016. 

I think Houston makes sense for everyone and they reportedly already tried to get him once before. Weak division, good defense, indoor stadium, need a QB desperately and won't get a sure thing in the draft. They may even let him run his own system as IMO Elway driven change around week 13 last season (and his health) has been his downfall in Denver. I really can't see Manning going out with the worst game in his career as his last. 

Yeah, those stories have been going on for some time now. I am not sure what to believe. But bringing in Kubiak and having Manning take the pay cut were signs IMO that they were moving in a different direction. I think they were hoping he could run Kubiak's system better than he has and are probably happy with Brock at this point. I am not sure if it makes much difference to say Manning is injured vs old as injuries are part of the decline of an aging QB and something he has been dealing with now for the past season and a half. It does appear that Denver will ride out this season with Brock which is probably the right move if he is going to be their future QB so he can get the experience.

In terms of next year, Brian Hoyer has been playing well for the Texans so I don't see O'Brien upsetting that to go with Manning for a year. Outside of that or him possibly going to the Saints if Brees moves on to keep that org afloat for ticket sales for a season, I don't know if a true contending team will want him. I also wonder if he wants to give it a go again with another team and learn a new system and continue to have to rehab his body. I think he may retire. He was thinking about it last year but I also agree that he does not want that KC game to be his last either.

Teams that will draft a QB first could use Manning to "manage" the games while their draft pick learned the ropes. We all know time is catching up on him but his 2014 year was not too shabby. Go with a short pass scheme (like the Colts did with Hasselbeck and Luck when long passes were not working and Luck was getting whacked). Either way, I don't want to see him try and fail miserably so I hope he makes the right call.

7 hours ago, amfootball said:

Yeah, those stories have been going on for some time now. I am not sure what to believe. But bringing in Kubiak and having Manning take the pay cut were signs IMO that they were moving in a different direction. I think they were hoping he could run Kubiak's system better than he has and are probably happy with Brock at this point. I am not sure if it makes much difference to say Manning is injured vs old as injuries are part of the decline of an aging QB and something he has been dealing with now for the past season and a half. It does appear that Denver will ride out this season with Brock which is probably the right move if he is going to be their future QB so he can get the experience.

In terms of next year, Brian Hoyer has been playing well for the Texans so I don't see O'Brien upsetting that to go with Manning for a year. Outside of that or him possibly going to the Saints if Brees moves on to keep that org afloat for ticket sales for a season, I don't know if a true contending team will want him. I also wonder if he wants to give it a go again with another team and learn a new system and continue to have to rehab his body. I think he may retire. He was thinking about it last year but I also agree that he does not want that KC game to be his last either.

Agree with everything you have said except any coach that goes into a season with Brian Hoyer as the QB plan deserves to get fired. Have friends down in Houston and apparently radio down there has no belief in him and talks constantly about needing a QB to complete the team. 

41 minutes ago, 19colt said:

Agree with everything you have said except any coach that goes into a season with Brian Hoyer as the QB plan deserves to get fired. Have friends down in Houston and apparently radio down there has no belief in him and talks constantly about needing a QB to complete the team. 

Yeah, I don't know about Hoyer long term but right now with what he has shown this season, I would want him over a declining/injured Manning for next season. That really is the rub. Even if you believed a fully healthy Manning could still play reasonable well, how sure are you that he will stay healthy for 16 games?