Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton has handled things well

oldunclemark

28 minutes ago, amfootball said:

Yeah, I don't know about Hoyer long term but right now with what he has shown this season, I would want him over a declining/injured Manning for next season. That really is the rub. Even if you believed a fully healthy Manning could still play reasonable well, how sure are you that he will stay healthy for 16 games?

Hoyer hasn't exactly been healthy either. I imagine Peyton would sell himself by saying, let me run my system from shotgun and I will stay healthy. It probably isn't a co-incidence that his foot became worse (torn?) after the Green Bay and Indy games as Kubiak started sending him on many more boot plays. He actually looked pretty good vs Indy on them. It was also reported right around those games that he was doing extra wind sprints (knowing more boots were coming?) on Wednesdays which probably helped contribute to the injury. 

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning will have an extensive work out today with Kubiak present. Manning has not practiced all week but has been doing morning workouts. The belief is this work out is an evaluation to see where Manning is at for the end of the regular season/post season and if the team will have him active at some point or potentially put him on IR to open up a roster spot.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29308274/t-j-ward-nears-return-broncos-darian-stewart-nursing-injury

7 hours ago, amfootball said:

Manning will have an extensive work out today with Kubiak present. Manning has not practiced all week but has been doing morning workouts. The belief is this work out is an evaluation to see where Manning is at for the end of the regular season/post season and if the team will have him active at some point or potentially put him on IR to open up a roster spot.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_29308274/t-j-ward-nears-return-broncos-darian-stewart-nursing-injury

Mike Klis pointed out earlier this week, after this workout was announced, that it is not a seminal point in his recovery. Either way, my opinion is that this workout gives both an IN and an OUT for next week. If Brock struggles enough in a very close win or Denver loses - Peyton IN. If Denver wins and Brock plays well enough - Peyton's foot will pull up poorly from this session and he is done one way or another. JMO. 

59 minutes ago, 19colt said:

Mike Klis pointed out earlier this week, after this workout was announced, that it is not a seminal point in his recovery. Either way, my opinion is that this workout gives both an IN and an OUT for next week. If Brock struggles enough in a very close win or Denver loses - Peyton IN. If Denver wins and Brock plays well enough - Peyton's foot will pull up poorly from this session and he is done one way or another. JMO. 

Kubiak says Peyton had a really good workout today.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Kubiak-Manning-had-really-good-workout-Saturday/b00be847-ae40-497a-8e2a-c673706f95c0

"He had a good week. He worked really hard this morning -- well, he worked every morning, but he worked really had this morning conditioning-wise and throwing wise," said Kubiak, who watched Manning's Saturday work in person.

"They were all good workouts this week," Kubiak added. "He probably worked harder today than he did the other two days [Wednesday and Thursday], in all honesty, but it was a really good workout."

However, Kubiak did not want to make any assessment of Manning's status beyond being out for this week's game against Cincinnati.

"We had a good week. Let's go from there," Kubiak said.

1 hour ago, 19colt said:

This is tough to read. Kubiak for the last two weeks has waited to announce Brock as the starter. My take is he wanted to see how healthy Manning was and if he could at least be active. When the set back happened Friday and Manning did not practice at all this week, I think Kubiak scheduled the work out today to see where Manning is at and if there is any potential for him to be able to play before season's end or post-season. It is moot that Manning will play at all until he is able to practice and practice with the first team. It seems unlikely that will happen before the end of season. But Kubiak is running of time. If Manning cannot practice without pain then he needs his roster spot for a player that can contribute. That is the rub here IMO. They are running out of time and need to come to a decision soon.

1 minute ago, 19colt said:

In other words, let's see how Brock plays vs Cincy. Their DL should run riot, meaning Brock may drop back 40+ times again. 

Brock has played fine for Denver since he has come in. He has run Kubiak's system well and has had typical young QB struggles along with some brilliant playing as well. I think at this point Kubiak needs to know if Manning can at least be his back-up and be active. If not, then he needs that roster spot for the post-season given all of Denver's injuries. I feel for Kubiak as this is a difficult situation because it is Manning. He is treading lightly which I don't blame him but a decision has to come soon one way or the other.

My SB pick the Denver Broncos are folding right before eyes with Brock running the show. 2 straight key losses and at one time 23 straight possessions without an Offensive TD. This team is going to go down in flames unless Peyton returns. It wouldn't surprise me if they lose again to Cincy. They need Peyton's experience and leadership out there on the field. I don't want to hear about Peyton's INT's because all I know with him the Broncos were 7-0 at one time. Peyton actually played Good against us in their loss but Andrew just played Great.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My SB pick the Denver Broncos are folding right before eyes with Brock running the show. 2 straight key losses and at one time 23 straight possessions without an Offensive TD. This team is going to go down in flames unless Peyton returns. It wouldn't surprise me if they lose again to Cincy.

Cincy will be a tough game for sure.   But they have their backup QB playing, and Denver's Defense should be able to handle them and they also  have the advantage of being at home, so I think Denver will win.

Just now, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Cincy will be a tough game for sure.   But they have their backup QB playing, and Denver's Defense should be able to handle them and they also  have the advantage of being at home, so I think Denver will win.

I am glad it's in MileHigh, Denver has to win this game because KC is right on them and + getting a Bye week would be huge too for Denver. I don't know, after the last 2 weeks I don't trust Brock at all. Hopefully the Defense comes up big.