Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton has handled things well

oldunclemark

2 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Has Peyton ever won a snow game? I even remember him blowing it in 2008 in Lambeau (the 6-10 Packers year). Not that I'd personally choose Brock but everybody is throwing stats and records around...Brock is 1-0 and Peyton is 0-457 there.

Yeah, Mike Vanderjagt kicked a game winning 53 yarder in Denver in snow, the Colts with Peyton won 23-20 vs Denver in 2002, I think.

Snow is not the culprit, cold weather is not the culprit, winds are because Peyton does not throw a tight spiral. When the snow is accompanied with winds, it becomes a bad situation for Peyton. It wasn't windy when Brock played either, just snowing.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=221124007

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just say roll with the HOFame QB if he's healthy of course. The Broncos fans in general aren't very sharp because a lot of them still want Tim Tebow as their QB if that tells you anything about a lot of their fanbase. That sounds mean but it's unbelievably true!

If we somehow were in the playoffs and got Denver......I would be more worried about Brock.

We have already shown we can handle Peyton multiple times.

I would also bet NE fans would prefer to play Manning over Brock right now.

I will seriously have to see it to believe it with Peyton being able to come back and go on this big run and I mean vs. GOOD teams......not crappy defenses like the Packers.

I also sadly think people were waiting for Brock to lose a game or two before they turned on the kid.

I am done with this conversation for now though. I do feel they have more potential with Brock though.

3 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Has Peyton ever won a snow game? I even remember him blowing it in 2008 in Lambeau (the 6-10 Packers year). Not that I'd personally choose Brock but everybody is throwing stats and records around...Brock is 1-0 and Peyton is 0-457 there.

Yes. He beat the Broncos one year. I want to say it was in 2003 when it snowed heavily. Vander kicked a 50 Yard FG in OT that game. I might be wrong on the year but it was around that time. He really hasn't played in snowy conditions a bunch other than at NE so it's tough to really say whether he would be bad or good this season in a situation like that.

4 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Brock is 1-0 where? 

That game was actually in 2002. It was real snowy and Peyton played great in Denver. I just looked it up. 23-20 Colts won. Peyton does have 13 Playoff losses but has been to 3 SB's and won 1 + he and the great Tom Brady's QBR in the Playoffs is close. Tom has such a fabulous record because in his first 3 Playoffs he was 9-0 otherwise he has been mortal for the most part and has had his share of puzzling Playoff losses as well like to the Jets and Ravens at home. I just wouldn't trust Brock against the Patriots on the road in a Playoff game, sorry. If I am losing I am losing with a Top 5 QB of all-time and that is Peyton. 

Not what I asked and not what the poster who first referenced snow meant...

Hard to win games in the snow when you don't play in the snow.    You mentioned the Packers colts game in 08 to help your point.     It didn't snow in that game either

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yes. He beat the Broncos one year. I want to say it was in 2003 when it snowed heavily. Vander kicked a 50 Yard FG in OT that game. I might be wrong on the year but it was around that time. He really hasn't played in snowy conditions a bunch other than at NE so it's tough to really say whether he would be bad or good this season in a situation like that.

Haters focus on garbage. 

Just like how they were using dome for his stats.

Never heard about some after that 55 TDs outside dome !

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

Hard to win games in the snow when you don't play in the snow.    You mentioned the Packers colts game in 08 to help your point.     It didn't snow in that game either

I'm pretty sure that was a light snow game, but if it wasn't that doesn't help him here.

9 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not what I asked and not what the poster who first referenced snow meant...

You can have cold temperatures, winds, icy conditions, snow and you choose only snow???

That one is hard to quantify. There may be only a handful or less number of games where it exactly snowed. If you say it enough times, it must be true, huh? He lost 2 playoff games at NE, and yeah, so did Luck, so what gives??? Everyone has lost at NE during the Brady era. What is your point? He is not 1-gazillion like you imply because you have already eliminated a lot of cold weather games due to your stubborn insistence of snow and only snow. 

Come on man!!! Just that premise of only snow reduces the sample space to even make a case or argument, IMO.

3 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

See just the way everybody will glorify that 1 game...it just sounds like you're trying so hard! 

This one time at band camp Peyton won in the snow.

OMG I need to avoid this thread. It's total bait........these threads are BAIT. You are right.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

You can have cold temperatures, winds, icy conditions, snow and you choose only snow???

That one is hard to quantify. There may be only a handful or less number of games where it exactly snowed. If you say it enough times, it must be true, huh? He lost 2 playoff games at NE, and yeah, so did Luck, so what gives??? Everyone has lost at NE during the Brady era. What is your point? He is not 1-gazillion like you imply because you have already eliminated a lot of cold weather games due to your stubborn insistence of snow and only snow. 

Come on man!!! 

No you come on. Jules asked who ya got in a January snow game. Everybody says Peyton, not Brock, and throws out all these stats for each guy that makes Peyton look better while conveniently leaving out the 1 piece a stat that goes in Rock's favor. So I asked about that stat, and here we are. 

8 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Come on man!!! Just that premise of only snow reduces the sample space to even make a case or argument, IMO.

Thats easy.

He is setting himself up in a thread  to make Brett Favre relevant with snow topic.

On 12/17/2015 at 10:41 PM, Jules said:

This one time at band camp Peyton won in the snow.

OMG I need to avoid this thread. It's total bait........these threads are BAIT. You are right.

On 12/17/2015 at 10:46 PM, BloodyChamp said:

No you come on. Jules asked who ya got in a January snow game. Everybody says Peyton, not Brock, and throws out all these stats for each guy that makes Peyton look better while conveniently leaving out the 1 piece a stat that goes in Rock's favor. So I asked about that stat, and here we are. 

So, who is the baiter here?

I never said Peyton. If it is windy, since he does not throw a tight spiral, you go with the younger arm, if you want an answer. Snow has NO bearing on it. Even that SNF game a few years ago where Brady came back from 0-24 down, the winds were a big part of Peyton's passing game suffering. Again, it was not snowing. Wind is the clinching factor. Even Pats fans have mentioned that several times.

This forum, w.r.t Peyton adopts a  "you are either with me or not with me" mentality. 

I agree with the others where you want to make Favre relevant again with the "snow" inserted. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, say the Peyton haters, and will be gladly be willing to side with you. 

Edited by Nadine
political

What stat goes in Brock's favor?

20 minutes ago, chad72 said:

And I didn't name anybody specifically Chad...but you didn't have to say it. Look how defensive you and the others are getting over a perfectly legit/not bait question. It stenches of desperation. 

And Shane, I didn't expect you to be the 1 to go there in 1 of these topics like everybody does when they get backed into a corner with me but I'm glad you did because I can simplify and drive the point home with this - imagine if I up and made a Brett Favre homeage topic right now. I could even dream up a justification for it (jersey retirement the other day) but it would yield the same reaction that this thread is towards the desperate Manning fans.

Just now, BloodyChamp said:

And I didn't name anybody specifically Chad...but you didn't have to say it. Look how defensive you and the others are getting. It stenches of desperation.

And Shane, I didn't expect you to be the 1 to go there in 1 of these topics like everybody does when they get backed into a corner with me but I'm glad you did because I can simplify and drive the point home with this - imagine if I up and made a Brett Favre homeage topic right now. I could even dream up a justification for it (jersey retirement the other day) but it would yield the same reaction that this thread is towards the desperate Manning fans.

No one is desperate.   Manning has nothing to prove.    He is a first ballot HOFer.  But if he is truly healthy he gives the broncos a better chance to win than a kid with a handful of career starts

And I didn't name anybody specifically Chad...but you didn't have to say it. Look how defensive you and the others are getting. It stenches of desperation.

Whatever man floats your boat!!! 

You asked for a stat for an insignificant number of games with only snow that do not reveal anything one way or the other. I pointed that out and you broad brushed with "everybody". What do you expect me to do? Just sit back and take your subjective and biased assessment. Sorry, can't do. If that makes me defensive, so be it.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

No one is desperate.   Manning has nothing to prove.    He is a first ballot HOFer.  But if he is truly healthy he gives the broncos a better chance to win than a kid with a handful of career starts

Well so does Johnny Unitas but I don't think he'll be healthy by January. If you feel Manning has nothing to prove, quit trying to prove it.

Well so does Johnny Unitas but I don't think he'll be healthy by January. If you feel Manning has nothing to prove, quit trying to prove it.

Im not trying to prove anything.    I stated my opinion.     

And clearly you are the desperate one.    You don't want manning to break the last of Favres records.    

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Whatever man floats your boat!!! 

You asked for a stat for an insignificant number of games with only snow that do not reveal anything one way or the other. I pointed that out and you broad brushed with "everybody". What do you expect me to do? Just sit back and take your subjective and biased assessment. Sorry, can't do. If that makes me defensive, so be it.

LOL "insignificant number of games" try that in the next Brady debate. They only played each other 17 times...so neither guy's legacy is influenced by them ay.

8 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

And I didn't name anybody specifically Chad...but you didn't have to say it. Look how defensive you and the others are getting over a perfectly legit/not bait question. It stenches of desperation. 

This. The defensive minded attitude and almost anger against those who have doubts on Manning are almost laughable.

And you can't even tell me that anyone who has real critical thinking skills isn't doubtful on Peyton in January vs. better teams. 

If Brock loses to the Steelers this weekend everyone will want to hang the kid here and say Peyton could have won even though they have no proof on that either. If he wins they will ignore it and say his stats were not good enough and it's still Peyton's chance to shine since he is a proven HOF guy with a rich past. Note key word......PAST.

I am trying to give Brock a shot here too. This guys potential actually legit scares me for the future in the AFC.

6 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

LOL "insignificant number of games" try that in the next Brady debate. They only played each other 17 times...so neither guy's legacy is influenced by them ay.

You are going in circles. Brady and Peyton played less than a handful of games in "snow" that you have chose to hedge your bets on. If you are talking about lifetime, heck yeah, I'd tell you right now Brady has shown an ability to be more clutch than Peyton in key situations in the majority of their games. Unfortunately, Peyton is 2-1 vs Brady in AFCCG, go figure. 

But that is not what your stat request was about, it was only about "snow" games for Peyton, remember? When did this become about Brady vs Peyton? Again, you are the one dragging names into it showing more and more that you lack a focus in your thought process and objectivity to stick to the premise of your original request.

This was always about Peyton, Brock and the Broncos, and I will stick to it, can you?

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

You are going in circles, my friend. Brady and Peyton played less than a handful of games in "snow" that you have chose to hedge your bets on. If you are talking about lifetime, heck yeah, I'd tell you right now Brady has shown an ability to be more clutch than Peyton in key situations in the majority of their games. Unfortunately, Peyton is 2-1 vs Brady in AFCCG, go figure. 

But that is not what your stat request was about, it was only about "snow" games for Peyton, remember? When did this become about Brady vs Peyton? Again, you are the one dragging names into it showing more and more that you lack a focus in your thought process and objectivity to stick to the premise of your original request.

This was always about Peyton, Brock and the Broncos, and I will stick to it, can you?

That's your logic. If you're going to come at me with the fact that Manning's number of snow games is so small that it doesn't matter, tell am that about the small number of 17 games against Brady (and plug the 2-1 record in the same breath...I wouldn't blame here for spazzing on that one). See how dumb it sounds when you plug the same logic in somewhere else? 

8 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

That's your logic. If you're going to come at me with the fact that Manning's number of snow games is so small that it doesn't matter, tell am that about the small number of 17 games against Brady. See how dumb it sounds when you plug the same logic in somewhere else? 

I did not plug that logic for those 17 games, you did. You started with the exaggeration of 1-457 or 1-456 in snow games for Peyton. You never said anything about Brady. So we started talking about Peyton in a vacuum to see if there were indeed enough "snow" games to make a significant statistical conclusion on for Peyton and Peyton only.

There are enough Peyton-Brady games to conclude that Brady is better most of which were not played with snow. There are enough playoff games to conclude Peyton has not delivered in several of them, that would be Peyton in a vacuum. But there are not enough "pure snow" games to make a statistical observation one way or the other for Peyton. That was what you requested. How is the technicality of that hard for you to understand? If you had said playoff games or cold weather games, you have a bigger sample space, which is what I have been pointing out all along.

Besides, AM would be the first to tell you I was out here telling how Peyton is costing games and points with his turnovers objectively. Leave our arguments to us.

5 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I did not plug that logic for those 17 games, you did. You started with the exaggeration of 1-457 or 1-456 in snow games for Peyton. You never said anything about Brady. So we started talking about Peyton in a vacuum to see if there were indeed enough "snow" games to make a significant statistical conclusion on for Peyton and Peyton only.

There are enough Peyton-Brady games to conclude that Brady is better most of which were not played with snow. There are enough playoff games to conclude Peyton has not delivered in several of them, that would be Peyton in a vacuum. But there are not enough "pure snow" games to make a statistical observation one way or the other for Peyton. That was what you requested. How is the technicality of that hard for you to understand? If you had said playoff games or cold weather games, you have a bigger sample space, which is what I have been pointing out all along.

Besides, AM would be the first to tell you I was out here telling how Peyton is costing games and points with his turnovers objectively. Leave our arguments to us.

Well what is the magic number? It's obviously less than 17 because you say that's enough but more than 10 (assuming he's played in around 10 snow games). Is it 12? Nah maybe more like 15. Yeah that might bring it over the hump because there's such a huge difference between 12 and 15. The technicality of that is what's hard to understand. 

15 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Well what is the magic number? It's obviously less than 17 because you say that's enough but more than 10 (assuming he's played in around 10 snow games). Is it 12? Nah maybe more like 15. Yeah that might bring it over the hump because there's such a huge difference between 12 and 15. The technicality of that is what's hard to understand. 

I don't know man, I am being honest here. The stats that I have seen compiled do not isolate just snow, they just club it as cold weather games. That is why it was hard to provide a stat for what you asked for. By focusing on snow, it made it seem like you were implying snow and only snow was a factor for Peyton's play. My contention was his spiral was not a tight one and winds contributed more than the snow in cold weather games "if" there was any snow. But then, one game in snow by Brock doesn't tell us that much, does it? 

17 is enough in a Peyton-Brady argument because they are not in the same division to play each other twice or more every year. That is why it is enough there. Maybe only Marino-Kelly played more against each other?? Not sure. 11-13 or something like that is Peyton's playoff record. 24 playoff games is a lot by most QB standards, so I felt that was enough games to assess playoff performance.

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That game was actually in 2002. It was real snowy and Peyton played great in Denver. I just looked it up. 23-20 Colts won. Peyton does have 13 Playoff losses but has been to 3 SB's and won 1 + he and the great Tom Brady's QBR in the Playoffs is close. Tom has such a fabulous record because in his first 3 Playoffs he was 9-0 otherwise he has been mortal for the most part and has had his share of puzzling Playoff losses as well like to the Jets and Ravens at home. I just wouldn't trust Brock against the Patriots on the road in a Playoff game, sorry. If I am losing I am losing with a Top 5 QB of all-time and that is Peyton. 

???? Even if you take out his first 9 wins, he is 12-8 in the post-season with one ring and 3 SB appearances and 5 AFCCG appearances, 2 one and done's.  Manning is 11-13 overall in his entire career with one ring and 3 SB appearances, 4 AFCCG appearances and 9 one and done's. So Brady's post-season career after his 3 rings is still better than Manning.

43 minutes ago, amfootball said:

???? Even if you take out his first 9 wins, he is 12-8 in the post-season with one ring and 3 SB appearances and 5 AFCCG appearances, 2 one and done's.  Manning is 11-13 overall in his entire career with one ring and 3 SB appearances, 4 AFCCG appearances and 9 one and done's. So Brady's post-season career after his 3 rings is still better than Manning.

LOL

We saw what Brady can do without Gronk on the field.

I really feel bad for all the Patriots players who actually contributed ( without whining ) on the field like Malcolm Butler, Ty Law, McGinnest, Teddy and all the coaches like Wies, Crennel and Belichick who contributed for the win.