Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Vikings

Jules

Bridgewater has been managing the game fairly well for the Vikings, He has to put the ball in the end zone more because if the Vikings get into the playoffs he wont be playing against the Lions, 49ers, Rams, Bears who all have average to slightly below average QB's.

they aren't exactly beating the top tier teams but they look good for sure, stout D and AP is back, but Im not sure how they stack up against the Patriots, Cards Panthers etc 

Not very well if Rodgers plays like he has for the majority of his career. Same for the Patriots and Brady. If either QB gets up on the Vikings by more then 1 score it could get ugly

If either QB gets up on the Vikings by more then 1 score it could get ugly

I don't think so. You're selling the defense short. The Lions were up 14-0 in the first quarter a few weeks ago in Detroit. The Lions scored only 5 points the rest of the way, 2 on an intentional safety (punting purposes). (Yeah, yeah, Lions are not a good team... but, they still have many good offensive weapons.) I believe the Vikings have not given up more than 10 points to any team in the second half of games. In the last 4 games, 3 of which were on the road, we have given up only 15 points combined in the second half, none to the heralded Raiders offense.

The Vikings are also the least penalized team, only 3 for 15 yards yesterday. After tonight's game, I believe the Vikings will have also given up the fewest points.

I am satisfied with my QB limiting turnovers and making plays when he has to.

I don't think so. You're selling the defense short. The Lions were up 14-0 in the first quarter a few weeks ago in Detroit. The Lions scored only 5 points the rest of the way, 2 on an intentional safety (punting purposes). (Yeah, yeah, Lions are not a good team... but, they still have many good offensive weapons.) I believe the Vikings have not given up more than 10 points to any team in the second half of games. In the last 4 games, 3 of which were on the road, we have given up only 15 points combined in the second half, none to the heralded Raiders offense.

The Vikings are also the least penalized team, only 3 for 15 yards yesterday. After tonight's game, I believe the Vikings will have also given up the fewest points.

I am satisfied with my QB limiting turnovers and making plays when he has to.

Oh Im not saying they have not improved...They have but more so defensively then on offense. Also Stafford while capable of elite play is more along the lines of an average QB who will put a mix of good play together with some stinkers, The whole Teddy Bridgewater thing Im not sold on..By that I mean I think he is serviceable QB...Not a QB that's going to be bad and can actually hold down the fort a bit but he still has to put the ball in the endzone with some consistency.

To me I see it this way: The Vikings have improved to the point they can beat the bad teams and can hold there own against good teams...But the Patriots of the world and even the Bengals if Dalton continues to play like he is capable, The Steelers. Teams with much better QB's that can simply outgun him then the Vikings will come up short unless that defense plays lights out and creates all kinds of hell

Im just a guy that looks at who the Vikings have beat and says...Meh congrats to them, Bridgewater has improved but he is not their yet...Not that I am expecting him to be

Lions

Chargers

Chiefs

Lions again

Bears

Rams

Raiders

Im not knocking the Vikings or him for beating bad to mediocre teams, They have to play who they have to play but outside of the Chargers who are having a bad year and an Oakland team whos looks to be on the cusp of turning things around and an inconsistent Rams team that's not really a schedule of teams thats going to jump on you often enough to keep a great team up at night

The Pats, Bengals and Steelers would mop the floor with the Packers. I still kinda think the Packers will win but not because they're 1 of the best teams, or better than the Vikings even. The Vikings are just cursed against the Packers like they were in SBs in another era and NFCCGs after that.

It'd be hilarious if I'm wrong. Lambeau wouldn't retire Favre's jersey next game - they put it on him.

Congrats to NFLFan on the Vikes victory. You guys are looking great. 7-2 and in control of the Division. Teddy is the real deal. Peterson is the real BeastMode!

haha. Thank you. We have not won anything yet. But we are playing better than most people expected. Let's see if we could beat Green Bay next week. If we do, many will say that it means nothing, as we would have defeated a slumping team.

haha. Thank you. We have not won anything yet. But we are playing better than most people expected. Let's see if we could beat Green Bay next week. If we do, many will say that it means nothing, as we would have defeated a slumping team.

Beating GB would be huge, despite their struggles, anytime beating Rodgers is a statement. I would consider that a great victory.

Oh Im not saying they have not improved...They have but more so defensively then on offense. Also Stafford while capable of elite play is more along the lines of an average QB who will put a mix of good play together with some stinkers, The whole Teddy Bridgewater thing Im not sold on..By that I mean I think he is serviceable QB...Not a QB that's going to be bad and can actually hold down the fort a bit but he still has to put the ball in the endzone with some consistency.

To me I see it this way: The Vikings have improved to the point they can beat the bad teams and can hold there own against good teams...But the Patriots of the world and even the Bengals if Dalton continues to play like he is capable, The Steelers. Teams with much better QB's that can simply outgun him then the Vikings will come up short unless that defense plays lights out and creates all kinds of hell

Im just a guy that looks at who the Vikings have beat and says...Meh congrats to them, Bridgewater has improved but he is not their yet...Not that I am expecting him to be

Lions

Chargers

Chiefs

Lions again

Bears

Rams

Raiders

Im not knocking the Vikings or him for beating bad to mediocre teams, They have to play who they have to play but outside of the Chargers who are having a bad year and an Oakland team whos looks to be on the cusp of turning things around and an inconsistent Rams team that's not really a schedule of teams thats going to jump on you often enough to keep a great team up at night

Well, lucky for you, you are not a Vikings fan! Every opponent we play says the same: "Who have you defeated?" That will continue, as most observers like yourself assess a team's success solely on quarterback play. Well, we are playing as a team and we are winning games. That is all that matters to me. You won't change my mind on that.

Well, lucky for you, you are not a Vikings fan! Every opponent we play says the same: "Who have you defeated?" That will continue, as most observers like yourself assess a team's success solely on quarterback play. Well, we are playing as a team and we are winning games. That is all that matters to me. You won't change my mind on that.

You can only play who is on the schedule. I've been impressed with your vikings this year

There were a few of us watching to see if Teddy and the Vikes could live up to their potential.  So far, so good.

I watched the entire Vikings vs Raiders game from start to finish yesterday while taping the Broncos & Giants games. Teddy looked solid with good decision making skills & no concussion side effects from last week. 

AP was on fire chewing up yards despite loading the box to stop him & Zims defense is tight with big hits, edge containment, & wrap up tackling all over the field. 

The purple people eaters are gonna win the NFC North this year because Aaron Rogers has little to no running game [starks in nowhere near AP right now] & the Packers defense is suspect to me. 

Congrats NFLfan on your club taking the division lead on sunday. Happy for ya! 

"as most observers like yourself assess a team's success solely on quarterback play."

I will just take the high road on this statement and just add that your way off on that. Also Im not trying to change anyones mind, As I stated in my original post to you that your team has beaten who the schedule dictates who the the team is that particular week. Wasn't trying to offend, Im just not sold on them yet against teams with simply better QB's at this time. We will see how the team fairs against some pretty tough teams 5 of the next 7 weeks

"as most observers like yourself assess a team's success solely on quarterback play."

I will just take the high road on this statement and just add that your way off on that. Also Im not trying to change anyones mind, As I stated in my original post to you that your team has beaten who the schedule dictates who the the team is that particular week. Wasn't trying to offend, Im just not sold on them yet against teams with simply better QB's at this time. We will see how the team fairs against some pretty tough teams 5 of the next 7 weeks

I can appreciate your taking the high road. You usually do. I apologize.

We will see what happens. The only game I am concerned about is the Thursday night game against Arizona (road game, short week). The last game at Green Bay will present challenges too but hopefully by then we will have clinched a division berth.

I'll reiterate what ColtsBlueFL has stated, and wish the Vikings a successful run into the post season. A huge Bridgewater fan.

I'll reiterate what ColtsBlueFL has stated, and wish the Vikings a successful run into the post season. A huge Bridgewater fan.

Merci (Thank you). I hope so but even if we don't, I like what we are building for the future. And I love our head coach, Mike Zimmer.

I just had the biggest buzzkill. How many times have we seen it? How many? How freakin' many? What you ask...

2nd best NFC North team destroys GB, they play an elimination game in week 17, 2nd best NFC North team forgets how to play football. The exception is obviously 2012, yet the end result was still the same if you remember that year.

They have those BEAT GREEN BAY shirts out.

I wouldn't be shocked if they do beat the Packers. Most overrated team in the NFC every season, and it's about time someone in that division knocked them around.

Every season? Didn't they win the superbowl not too long ago?

They're the 2nd worst team/fanbase at resting on their 1 Cinderella season behind the team of the guy you're questioning.

Please do not even remind me. I got sucked into the Cinederalla Packers and rah rah stuff for a while there as well.

I think I was younger and more reactionary then.......

Now I just want my own QB to come back in one piece and make it through the season without dying.

They have those BEAT GREEN BAY shirts out.

I wouldn't be shocked if they do beat the Packers. Most overrated team in the NFC every season, and it's about time someone in that division knocked them around. 

Well, once you whip out the shirts......it's serious business.

I won't hold my breath though. It seems like the type of game the Packers get a revival in and then it's back to being NFC champs. So Rodgers can play Brady!!!!! ZOMG :yahoo:

I hope the Vikes can hold on though.

They're the 2nd worst team/fanbase at resting on their 1 Cinderella season behind the team of the guy you're questioning.

Their Cinderella don't happen either if the Eagles didn't miss those 3 field goals in that game. 

Kurt Warner will always be the real Cinderella man. That 1999 Rams team was special.