Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

From a Patriots Fan (I'm back again)

BlazeDaring

Thank you very much.  Very kind of you to help out like that.  I knew you had it in you.  This offense always has a punchers chance and I gotta tell you, Andrew Luck impressed the heck outta me.  I always knew he was an elite talent but he is tough as nails.  Those runs for first down were not the runs of a quarterback, he looked like he was on a mission.  And now you know why Talib isn't in NE anymore.  He's soft and once the pressure gets to him he cracks.  Two years in a row he bowed out of playoff games with minor injuries.  You can't count on him.  Now they get a little adversity and his fingers the guy in the eyeball.  Great talent, 2 cent mind. 

Anyway, I know you guys are enjoying this victory and you should.  That was a great win.  Congrats. 

Thank you very much.  Very kind of you to help out like that.  I knew you had it in you.  This offense always has a punchers chance and I gotta tell you, Andrew Luck impressed the heck outta me.  I always knew he was an elite talent but he is tough as nails.  Those runs for first down were not the runs of a quarterback, he looked like he was on a mission.  And now you know why Talib isn't in NE anymore.  He's soft and once the pressure gets to him he cracks.  Two years in a row he bowed out of playoff games with minor injuries.  You can't count on him.  Now they get a little adversity and his fingers the guy in the eyeball.  Great talent, 2 cent mind. 

Anyway, I know you guys are enjoying this victory and you should.  That was a great win.  Congrats. 

You may get a lot of haters on this forum, but your team is the best in the NFL right now, and your coach is one of the best ever. It was a big win for the Colts, I knew this team was better than all the naysayers on here over the past few weeks were saying. 

You're welcome. I still hope the Pats lose though.

Denver is not a team that is used to being stout defensively.  I figured they would come into this game with an arrogant mindset thinking they would just suffocate us.  Got to respect your opponent and the history.  I figured if we went Jumbo and punched them in the mouth with the run game we could get some nice plays on them in the passing game. Just take those pass rushers out of the equation and make them defend the run more than they want to. I knew that game plan would work.

That's exactly what I said to my wife last night. Of course the Colts should play their best and try and win games, but we may have very well just secured home field for NE. There are a lot of games left, but I believe NE will benefit from this win more than the Colts will. I think we could have still made the playoffs if we had lost. Again, I understand the Colts need to play to win. I'm just looking down the road. This win for the Colts could very well have guaranteed everyone has to go through NE now.

You may get a lot of haters on this forum, but your team is the best in the NFL right now, and your coach is one of the best ever. It was a big win for the Colts, I knew this team was better than all the naysayers on here over the past few weeks were saying. 

I have no problem with haters.  If I did I wouldn't visit other teams boards.  I try to keep it respectable and hope they do the same.  Nobody on this board has ever been rude or disrespectful and that is rare, which is why I like coming here. 

Anyway, great win.  I was pulling for Indy last night and not just because it helped NE.  The league is better when there is more than just one or two great teams.  I think Indy can be one.  Getting rid of that offensive coordinator was huge.  I liked last nights game plan, much simpler.  More short passes.

I have no problem with haters.  If I did I wouldn't visit other teams boards.  I try to keep it respectable and hope they do the same.  Nobody on this board has ever been rude or disrespectful and that is rare, which is why I like coming here. 

Anyway, great win.  I was pulling for Indy last night and not just because it helped NE.  The league is better when there is more than just one or two great teams.  I think Indy can be one.  Getting rid of that offensive coordinator was huge.  I liked last nights game plan, much simpler.  More short passes.

My one solace if we would have lost would have been - at least we didn't help the Patriots.

I respect your organization, I don't really put much into all that "cheater" mentality.  If that's the only bad karma for having arguably the best coach and QB to ever play the game, I sure could live with it.

Personally, I welcome you back to the forum anytime. And I hope you get Manninged on Sunday.

That's exactly what I said to my wife last night. Of course the Colts should play their best and try and win games, but we may have very well just secured home field for NE. There are a lot of games left, but I believe NE will benefit from this win more than the Colts will. I think we could have still made the playoffs if we had lost. Again, I understand the Colts need to play to win. I'm just looking down the road. This win for the Colts could very well have guaranteed everyone has to go through NE now.

Let's be real about this.... everyone would have had to have gone through NE anyways...

exactly- you play to win regardless. It's only mid season and all the chips haven't even fallen yet.  Actually NE was down to 4 linemen yesterday and had to use a TE for the 5th coupled with Lewis out will force NE to adjust to a new offense. 8 chips still on the table to be played :)

and to state the obvious, Cincy still might have something to say about all of this as well...

Broncos play both in Denver. And their division is weaker than Cincy's, although they still have to play the AFC North. Pats have the easiest overall schedule. Cincy probably has the hardest. And New England really doesn't lose in December.

If I had to bet today, I'd say Pats, Broncos, Bengals, in that order.

I think Denver could beat New England.  Broncos have the right mix of defensive toughness, and offense. 

The caveat is that running game.  If they can't get it going then Peyton is in trouble.  Broncos did a bad

job in putting quality running backs to go along with Peyton. They've set the thing up to be all on Peytons

shoulders again.  I would have made sure to have gotten a quality zone runner out of that draft or from

somewhere.  They may wind up having to tweak the offense again to emphasize more passing because

I don't have much faith in C.J. Anderson and Ronnie Hillman. They are decent but that's about it.

Let's be real about this.... everyone would have had to have gone through NE anyways...

I don't believe that to be the case. NE can certainly be defeated. They aren't as of yet, but they're not without flaws and weaknesses. And I'm not suggesting they won't go undefeated, but there are a couple of teams left on their schedule that have a good chance of beating them. i.e. Denver at Denver won't be an easy game for NE. The Bengals or Denver could still get HF. Either way, I'd rather face someone else at their HF than NE. Not because I don't think NE can be defeated, I just think they're more difficult to beat at home.  

As much as I hate the Patriots I must admit what you say is true!

exactly- you play to win regardless. It's only mid season and all the chips haven't even fallen yet.  Actually NE was down to 4 linemen yesterday and had to use a TE for the 5th coupled with Lewis out will force NE to adjust to a new offense. 8 chips still on the table to be played :)

That's terrible. I hope they work things out quickly.

I would like to welcome you back with the same enthusiasm that I welcome back my mother in law. With that said...........What are you doing at my house?

I kid, I kid. Just don't take off your coat. As a matter of fact stand here at the door and I will go get whomever your here for.

ok.  that was funny.  and like your mother in law i'm assuming everything you say is wrong and you're not good enough for my daughter anyway.

I don't believe that to be the case. NE can certainly be defeated. They aren't as of yet, but they're not without flaws and weaknesses. And I'm not suggesting they won't go undefeated, but there are a couple of teams left on their schedule that have a good chance of beating them. i.e. Denver at Denver won't be an easy game for NE. The Bengals or Denver could still get HF. Either way, I'd rather face someone else at their HF than NE. Not because I don't think NE can be defeated, I just think they're more difficult to beat at home.  

yeah.  the stat they showed the other day.  Since Brady came back from his knee injury NE is 44-4 at home.  that is unreal.

yeah.  the stat they showed the other day.  Since Brady came back from his knee injury NE is 44-4 at home.  that is unreal.

Yeah, NE is good at home. As is Denver (just glanced and if I counted correctly, Denver has only lost 2 regular season home games since Peyton joined), Seattle. Probably a couple/few more. There are a few teams with better than average advantage when playing home.

Broncos play both in Denver. And their division is weaker than Cincy's, although they still have to play the AFC North. Pats have the easiest overall schedule. Cincy probably has the hardest. And New England really doesn't lose in December.

If I had to bet today, I'd say Pats, Broncos, Bengals, in that order.

Yeah, maybe...

I really wish Cincy had a shot at NE this season in Cincy, I really think Cincy could be the team that puts up the L on the pats this year...