Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Do You Guys Think Of Trying To Get Laron Landry?

CR91

what do you guys think of trying to get landry? he will be a FA and hes imo will make a great tandem with bethea. hes fast and we all know can hit and with landry bethea doesnt have to play near the line anymore and can play center field. thoughts

Because it is an undrafed free agent which is not a Colts player?

Therefore it belongs in the draft section and not Colts football?

He was drafted by the Redskins... In 2007...

Would this maybe fit better in the NFL General section? Where do Free agency questions go?

I don't know. Whatever you guys think is best. But imo if he is not a Colts player he does not belong in the the Colts football thread.

I'm sorry if I moved this thread inappropriately but I think the Colts Football is for discussion about current Colts players.

I don't know. Whatever you guys think is best. But imo if he is not a Colts player he does not belong in the the Colts football thread.

I'm sorry if I moved this thread inappropriately but I think the Colts Football is for discussion about current Colts players.

In my opinion, the Colts football section would be the best for this topic, along with any other threads discussing which players we would like on the Colts teams. If you only allow threads in that section that deal with current players, then we can no longer talk there about Mathis, Wayne etc...

Im not trying to be rude about this, and hope you do not take it that way...but lots of people who would normally talk about this, wont find it if its in the draft or general sections...thus, i honestly think that these topics are fine in the colts football section

I would like the Colts to get Mark Barron (if he goes in the second round) but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I have a feeling someone will take him towards the end of the first.

I agree, he would be an immediate upgrade...but i also doubt he falls to our 2nd round pick. While i know that most mock drafts end up being way off, most of them now have Barron going to either Dallas or New England in the first round...the Pats have 2 first round picks and need secondary help also...but if he falls, he would be our starter from day one!

In my opinion, the Colts football section would be the best for this topic, along with any other threads discussing which players we would like on the Colts teams. If you only allow threads in that section that deal with current players, then we can no longer talk there about Mathis, Wayne etc...

Have Mathis and Wayne been cut? Are they no longer on the team?

Honestly I'm not trying to be rude here either, but if they are an undrafted free agent is imo not a member of the Colts.

Honestly I'm not trying to be rude here either, but if they are an undrafted free agent is imo not a member of the Colts.

and if they are NO LONGER UNDER CONTRACT, they arent either....FREE AGENT means that their contract has run out...and thus, until resigned, they are not on the team, either!

and Landry is NOT an undrafted free agent...he is simply a free agent, same as Wayne/Mathis/Garcon/Tamme etc

what do you guys think of trying to get landry? he will be a FA and hes imo will make a great tandem with bethea. hes fast and we all know can hit and with landry bethea doesnt have to play near the line anymore and can play center field. thoughts

He should be a low risk high reward type. He has missed most of the last 2 seasons with injuries so that should cut his pay check down substantially. If we can get him in a similar way we got sims, anderson and comp. it would be an excellent pick up.

I'd love to have him, but I am a bit worried about him health wise...He is a very good safety, but he has hasn't played many games the past 2 seasons. This season and last season he played a total of 17 games..Not a good sign, but I think he can easily put that behind him. He can definitely hold up for a full 16 games, but I believe he's just run into bad luck the past two seasons when it comes to health. Would be awesome if we could snag him.

as far as what he can do on the field, i would love to have him...but he has definitely struggled to stay healthy....with that said, that COULD potentially make it easier to sign him to a short term deal so he can prove himself, as so many free agents seemed to do this past off season...and then after next season, the salary cap is supposed to go way up, due to the new tv contracts with the nfl...so if he stays healthy n productive, he could THEN sign a longer/pricier contract

I would leave it here.

it certainly doesn't belong in the draft section.

I dont understand fans on this forum. Everyone kept saying grt rid of glass bob. Now you seriously want to bring in glass laron? Surr he has the skills but so does bob. He has been on ir two seasons in a row. And you guys call that bad luck? I guess bob has had bad luck four or five years in a row now.

I dont understand fans on this forum. Everyone kept saying grt rid of glass bob. Now you seriously want to bring in glass laron? Surr he has the skills but so does bob. He has been on ir two seasons in a row. And you guys call that bad luck? I guess bob has had bad luck four or five years in a row now.

He's had 2 seasons where he's injured.,,,It's not like he's been on IR in the within the first 3 weeks of each season like Bob there's a clear difference. His first 3 years he played in all but 1 game. Last 2 years he's played in about half of them. It's not great, but it's better than Bob.

Ok. Moving back. Honestly I don't need the headache and didn't realize it would turn into the drama. I don't need it.

This thread has definately gone off topic.

Good (non) move to leave it here. If you start moving all the "Let's get..." threads you won't have time to do anything else. Landry is a good player, but until the Manning decision, no one (including our new GM) is going to be able to assess the roster. We have a bunch of our own players, Mathis, Pierre, even Reggie, etc. that need consideration first.

Typically Colts haven't made this kind of free agent addition, but with the recent upheaval of the front office...who knows maybe they will reconsider their approach to free agency a little. If so...this is the type of player that I hope they would consider. He fills a position of need and like Peyton Girl pointed out plays similar to Bob Sanders. Also this would free up one of our draft picks to go towards one of our many other positions of need.

Im not trying to be rude about this, and hope you do not take it that way...but lots of people who would normally talk about this, wont find it if its in the draft or general sections...thus, i honestly think that these topics are fine in the colts football section

He is right, keep this thead in the colts football section, This is about what we think the Colts should do, and this would be a great player for that

Sorry guys, and honestly I didn't mean to turn this into an issue.

I have to blame it on my lack of knowledge between an undrafted free agent and a player up for the draft.

My man (bless his heart) has sat down and patiently explained it to me.

I did not realize an undrafted free agent was not eligible for the draft. My mistake and I apoligize.

Sorry guys, and honestly I didn't mean to turn this into an issue.

I have to blame it on my lack of knowledge between an undrafted free agent and a player up for the draft.

My man (bless his heart) has sat down and patiently explained it to me.

I did not realize an undrafted free agent was not eligible for the draft. My mistake and I apoligize.

Landry is just a free agent. Nothing to do with the draft. Are you thinking about Landry jones still in college? The nfl defensive player Landry is an UnRESTRICTED free agent.

Landry is just a free agent. Nothing to do with the draft. Are you thinking about Landry jones still in college? The nfl defensive player Landry is an UnRESTRICTED free agent.

No. Honestly I don't follow the draft. I love football but enjoy really only the games. I did not realize that an undrafted free agent could not be drafted.

Rack it up to a lack of knowledge about the way the game is constructed. Learn something new each day. :) and my guy has been very patient with my "duh" moments.

Getting there though and I really do appreciate the imput. If I do something wrong please don't be afraid to call me out on it as this is OUR forum. We all do the best we can ya' know?

Everyone, lay off CS. 21 has already said that enough is enough. Anyone can make a mistake and I don't think you guys realize the massive job the mods have had this season - the last week in particular. If one of us makes a mistake by moving a thread or getting the various free agents mixed up, give us a break...okay? Is that too much to ask?

There are restricted FAs, unrestricted FAs, draft picks, undrafted FAs...not everyone keeps up with who is who.

CS was trying to do the right thing and lately MOST of the "let's get so & so" threads have been about college draft choices. Not everyone knows the Redskins' rosters since we (Colts) don't play them often and Landry hasn't played for any other team yet.

Actually, this thread belongs in the NFL General section because he is NOT a Colts player and as far as we know he has even been looked at by the Colts. So he has nothing to do with the Colts. But since this has been made a discussion, we can leave it here for now...but it needs to go back to Landry and our defensive prospects.

Any future FA threads (players released from other teams) will be moved to NFL General unless they have been interviewed/worked out by the Colts as a viable future player.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Depending on our defensive scheme, I would be open to bringing him in. He's not a high-profile FA but he's serviceable.

On a side note, man do I miss watching Sean Taylor play. Imagine if he was still alive! :(

I miss Sean Taylor so much. That dude was an awesome player and I don't think he got enough credit for turning his life around. Another great 21.

I wouldn't mind seeing Landry here is he could reign it in enough to not hurt himself each time he went for the ball.

Everyone, lay off CS. 21 has already said that enough is enough. Anyone can make a mistake and I don't think you guys realize the massive job the mods have had this season - the last week in particular. If one of us makes a mistake by moving a thread or getting the various free agents mixed up, give us a break...okay? Is that too much to ask?

Just so she knows I wasn't making fun of her or talking bad to her or anything just was trying to inform her that he's an unrestricted free agent. There are so many terms in nfl I can understand how u could easily get them mixed up. I think you took my post a little to seriously but understandable with all the stuff going on lately.

He would be a great addition to the colts secondary. I hope the new gm has the desire to dip into free agency a little.