Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dream staff

jvan1973

Assuming you could just pluck any coaches and Gm you wanted, who would your staff be. Some buddies and I had an long conversation about this today. Jim Harbaugh was brought up a lot, but I wouldn't hire him even if he was availible unless there were no other viable candidates. He wears out his welcome pretty quick. Great coach, no question, but if he wasn't coach and Gm I don't see it working. That's one reason I think he stays in college.

Any way. I think I would go with

HC. Arians. I know his offense has been known to get qbs injured, but his track record is great. Plus no way could I hire belichick. I know he is great, but I couldn't do it

OC. Greg roman

DC wade phillips

GM. John Schneider

Clearly there will be other opinions. This the topic

HC: Bill Belichick or Bruce Arians

OC: Mike McCarthy

DC: Rex Ryan

GM: Steve Keim

That is if you could get coach for any job.

If you have to stay with current coaching positions:

HC: Bill Belichick or Bruce Arians

OC: Josh McDaniels or Kyle Shanahan

DC: Sean McDermott

GM Steve Keim

Assuming you could just pluck any coaches and Gm you wanted, who would your staff be. Some buddies and I had an long conversation about this today. Jim Harbaugh was brought up a lot, but I wouldn't hire him even if he was availible unless there were no other viable candidates. He wears out his welcome pretty quick. Great coach, no question, but if he wasn't coach and Gm I don't see it working. That's one reason I think he stays in college.

HC. Arians. I know his offense has been known to get qbs injured, but his track record is great. Plus no way could I hire belichick. I know he is great, but I couldn't do it

OC. Greg romantic

DC wade phillips

GM. John Schneider

Not bad Jvan. A very good list there. I must confess. Only thing I might change is your GM Steve Keim or his understudy whoever that is. If Tom Coughlin gets the boot after this season, I want him as our new HC bad. Yeah, I know. I'm biased when it comes to Big Blue. I'll own that. I need to ponder DC for a few minutes though. 

Wait, is this really a dream scenario or who is realistically available? Just seeking confirmation. Thanks man. 

Not bad Jvan. A very good list there. I must confess. Only thing I might change is your GM Steve Keim or his understudy whoever that is. If Tom Coughlin gets the boot after this season, I want him as our new HC bad. Yeah, I know. I'm biased when it comes to Big Blue. I'll own that. I need to ponder DC for a few minutes though.

Wait, is this really a dream scenario or who is realistically available? Just seeking confirmation. Thanks man.

Well the dead and really really old are out. Lol

OC. Greg romantic

DC wade phillips

GM. John Schneider

I would like JH as coach, but that's just my opinion, even if he needed to be GM. He has shown that he is a top head coach, but he may prefer college because of the greater control he has there.

I know it was probably an auto correct error, but "Greg romantic" as OC made me chuckle.

I would like JH as coach, but that's just my opinion, even if he needed to be GM. He has shown that he is a top head coach, but he may prefer college because of the greater control he has there.

I know it was probably an auto correct error, but "Greg romantic" as OC made me chuckle.

lmao, yeah, I fixed it

The guy is a super computer. He is the right hand man of the Emperor. He will eclipse the great BB if given the chance.

I think Patricia is an interesting coach and very smart, but a super computer?

Also, based on other coaches from the BB coaching tree, I can't remember one being a successful head coach.

Not bad Jvan. A very good list there. I must confess. Only thing I might change is your GM Steve Keim or his understudy whoever that is. If Tom Coughlin gets the boot after this season, I want him as our new HC bad. Yeah, I know. I'm biased when it comes to Big Blue. I'll own that. I need to ponder DC for a few minutes though. 

Okay, I've got it. I want Paul Guenther  from the Bengals as our new DC & Paul Alexander as the guy in charge of fixing our o-line from Cincy too. 

Coughlin may not be a spring chicken anymore that's true, but I guarantee you Luck would take less hits & be able to step up into the pock under Tom. He will give Andrew time to go thru his progressions.

No Coughlin is totally acceptable. I was thinking you meant guys like marv levy

HC:  Jon Gruden.  Yes, him.  At this point in time, the most important thing for the franchise is to get Luck to reach his full potential.  I think Gruden could do that.  Also, he is from the Bill Walsh tree so he has West Coast offense in his blood, something I think Luck would excel at.   Luck needs a QB mentor and the right kind of O to reach full potential.

OC: Whoever Gruden thinks would be best to execute his O.

DC:  Wade Phillips.  Because he's the best DC in the NFL.

The guy is a super computer. He is the right hand man of the Emperor. He will eclipse the great BB if given the chance. 

So Matt Patricia is Darth Vader then? Which one? The bad caboose menacing one in the original 1977 version or the whiny, crybaby wuss in Revenge Of The Sith? Darn it George Lucas...

Sorry, for the brief lash out there folks. Just messin' around. Okay back on topic...

I think Patricia is an interesting coach and very smart, but a super computer?

Also, based on other coaches from the BB coaching tree, I can't remember one being a successful head coach.

I think Patricia will succeed Belichick.  He is literally a rocket scientist.  He and Josh are the obvious candidates.  I think Matt is more in the mold of the Master.

Sort of OT why did brian billick fall off the map?

Good question. Brian was top notch that year the Vikings almost went to the SB in 1999. I think he prefers the steady paycheck of TV broadcasting vs sideline coaching now. 

You do bring up an intriguing dilemma though. Since he won with the Ravens for a stout defense in 2000, could Brian get his OC magic back after all these years or was it just Carter & Moss's athleticism that made him look so smart & groundbreaking at the time? Hmmm... I honestly have no idea. 

OC. Greg roman

DC wade phillips

GM. John Schneider

Excellent topic you have here.

HC: Coughlin

OC: Arians

DC: Mike Zimmer

ST: John Harbaugh

GM: Ted Thompson

OC. Greg roman

DC wade phillips

GM. John Schneider

I love your choices though and would roll with it and we agree on Wade.

GM: Jerry Jones

HC: Marty Morhinwheg

OC: Pep Hamilton

DC: My middle school DC

Gm: Donald duck (just love his angry passion)

HC: Miss Piggy/Kermit the frog (they are a wrecking crew together)

OC: Big Bird so he can bring the air raid 

DC:The Flash (could teach the colts pass rush to get to the quarterback as soon as he says hike)

ST: Bob The Builder (cause he could construct lanes for our kick returners)