Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mckenzie Reportedly Off The Market

BProland85

Wow and Decosta is the only person that left that any good ISRAY hurry up and get this guy before we end up with the guy from the eagles you know the same guy who help build the so called dream team of crap.

No he's the only one left that has a lot of buz around him. I doubt very seriously if any of us know who is good and who isn't of the people who are left.

The thing about a GM search is, it's hard to know who really built the team they were from. There are so many scouts that a team employs, that you just don't know who said what about certain players. I don't like to say we fans don't know crap about football, because I think there are some really knowledgable fans about the game, but we do not know the first thing about which scouts are good and which ones aren't. Just because there's some buzz about this Decasto guy, doesn't mean everyone else sucks.

http://espn.go.com/n...-bay-packers-gm

We need to go get Eric DeCosta soon before he is gone as well. I really hope we work out a potential deal with him soon.

McKenzie to the Raiders wouldn't be surprising at all because Al Davis was known to be extremely loyal to his former players, and most NFL players seem to be extremely loyal to their former teams. You'd have to assume that he just wanted the job, and wasn't going to bother much with comparison shopping. It doesn't reflect on or impact the Colts one way or another. DeCosta sounds like a great candidate, and from what I've read he absolutely will listen to all offers before making a decision, and that decision may well be to just stay in Baltimore. We'll see.

Part of the problem is that the Colts may not be the dream job that many of us assume it is, because of all the issues we discuss here on a daily basis. If he comes in and wins immediately Polian will get a lot of the credit. If he rebuilds completely he'll have to deal with an impatient fan base who are used to winning. If he gets rid of Peyton, he has to wear that label. If he doesn't and Peyton doesn't perform, he has to deal with a struggling team and enormous salary cap issues. The Bears job has the built in advantage of it being such a large market, and the Rams job has a great owner with incredibly deep pockets, almost as good a draft situation as ours, some good young players to build on, and such a lousy recent history that he could improve it by accident.

And DeCosta was born 40 miles from Boston, which while probably irrelevant is actually kind of irritating. :)

Wow and Decosta is the only person that left that any good ISRAY hurry up and get this guy before we end up with the guy from the eagles you know the same guy who help build the so called dream team of crap.

Dear God. Please tell me how you know that Decosta is the only "good" candidate left?

Amazing.

Dear God. Please tell me how you know that Decosta is the only "good" candidates left?

Amazing.

Yea I feel like I know pretty much know all there is to know about football.... As a fan.... I couldn't tell you any pros or cons of any gm anyone talkes about.... Irsay made the right choice letting polian go... We will just have to have faith he doesn't find te next Matt millien :-p.... I don't think he will.... I just want a guy with a fire in his belly with the will to win!

No he's the only one left that has a lot of buz around him. I doubt very seriously if any of us know who is good and who isn't of the people who are left.

This. Not one person here knows anything about who's good or not, how much of an impact each person has had on the success or downfall of the respective teams they represent, orto what length Irsay is considering each candidate.

Just because the Packers are doing well, for example, doesn't mean McKenzie would have come in and made us world bearers (again - remember, the Colts had been better than the Packers for roughly a decade before the events of last season). Likewise, just because the Ravens have had a good defense doesn't mean we NEED Decosta. We have no idea how much of that is his doing. Besides, their offense has been completely inept during that stretch, which can't all be attributed to QB play. Furthermore, the Ravens haven't made a championship run since 2000.

Irsay is in the interview process right now. Patience is a virtue. We don't need to panic and snap-hire a guy based on his name, or the team he's with. The candidate has to be the right one, and the Colts FO will know that better than the collective minds of these boards.

McKenzie to the Raiders wouldn't be surprising at all because Al Davis was known to be extremely loyal to his former players, and most NFL players seem to be extremely loyal to their former teams. You'd have to assume that he just wanted the job, and wasn't going to bother much with comparison shopping. It doesn't reflect on or impact the Colts one way or another. DeCosta sounds like a great candidate, and from what I've read he absolutely will listen to all offers before making a decision, and that decision may well be to just stay in Baltimore. We'll see.

Part of the problem is that the Colts may not be the dream job that many of us assume it is, because of all the issues we discuss here on a daily basis. If he comes in and wins immediately Polian will get a lot of the credit. If he rebuilds completely he'll have to deal with an impatient fan base who are used to winning. If he gets rid of Peyton, he has to wear that label. If he doesn't and Peyton doesn't perform, he has to deal with a struggling team and enormous salary cap issues. The Bears job has the built in advantage of it being such a large market, and the Rams job has a great owner with incredibly deep pockets, almost as good a draft situation as ours, some good young players to build on, and such a lousy recent history that he could improve it by accident.

And DeCosta was born 40 miles from Boston, which while probably irrelevant is actually kind of irritating. :)

i think Irsay should have kept his mouth shut about all decisions have to go through him. very stupid thing to say even if it's true and has been true, it just comes off as power-playing and of course, all big decisions go through an owner, duh? but don't stress it in the media........ dumb, dumb, dumb.

I wouldn't mind the guy from the Eagles. He seemed to be a wizard with cap issues. He brought in a LOT of talent, it's the coaches job to get them to fulfill their potential.

I think Ozzie is the genius over there and we really aren't privvy to the input of DeCosta. There is a buzz for some reason though. In my mind, a great GM approaches his job as he was taught, but at some point he has to have his own intuition about a player. Polian had fantastic intuition.

This does come as a suprise. Everyone on this forum was saying that he wasnt even available for interviewing until after the Packers run in the playoffs was over. People being wrong on here doesnt happen very often. haha

Yeah..man..

That couldnt be MORE WRONG...

I did think an organization that was in the playoffs would allow excecutives and coaches to interview elsewhere...

but clearly I was 1000% wrong..

Everybody's got their resume out :rulez:

Wait.....I thought teams weren't allowed to contact him to discuss the position while the Packers were still in the playoffs.

Any team can contact any staff member of a playoff team given they have permission from the team. The league doesn't care so long as it's not tampering, meaning the interviewing team didn't have or seek permission.