Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Realistic options, Rumors for HC

BProland85

The more realistic options is waiting till the season plays out and see what Irsay does. There is still 2 1/2 months of football to play. We can debate, argue, wish, cuss and anything else we care to do it makes no difference. This is just another bash Grigson and or Pagano thread.

Yes indeed, which of the possible head coaches could have prevented the injuries?  If the injuries subside, the offense gels, and they do well in the playoffs; some of these will be pretty silly looking comments.  Play football and see what happens for heaven's sake.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather address the lack of overall talent on the defensive side of ball first before ousting Pagano though he does have his faults,

-We need another Corner

- Another pass rusher or two.

- ILB's that can cover.

-On the offensive side of the ball we need another WR...preferably a big wr that can get separation

-We could use a Scat Back

-Center that can come in and compete with Holmes

-A Right Tackle

They did draft a Corner this year that was suppose to work from a CB3 to CB2 but was hit by an injury and is on IR. pass rusher under 30 would be great, although I think our defensive line picks this year were doing good I think they just missed with the first pick of phillip dorsett. I do agree on the offensive side though. 

They did draft a Corner this year that was suppose to work from a CB3 to CB2 but was hit by an injury and is on IR. pass rusher under 30 would be great, although I think our defensive line picks this year were doing good I think they just missed with the first pick of phillip dorsett. I do agree on the offensive side though. 

They didn't really miss on Dorsett. They just saw him as the BPA on their board and drafted him. He was producing well in limited snaps before he got hurt

They didn't really miss on Dorsett. They just saw him as the BPA on their board and drafted him. He was producing well in limited snaps before he got hurt

Yeah miss was probably the wrong word, I just think it was not a necessary pick due to blatant holes else where. Which I understand picking the best available player but I think we would of been better picking another player or trading down for more picks or future picks to get more of a need. Although the past is in the past

This is the "premature post of the year trophy" winner.

Why? We talk about potential free agent signings all the time with players. Why are coaches held in such higher esteem? Nobody ever said, "let's wait and see how Mike McGlynn finishes out the season".

Why? We talk about potential free agent signings all the time with players. Why are coaches held in such higher esteem? Nobody ever said, "let's wait and see how Mike McGlynn finishes out the season".

2 reasons

1.Some just want to wait and see what happens and would rather enjoy or try to enjoy the season...Whatever happens from here on out

2.Some just don't want to accept that while I would not say Chuck is a bad coach at all, He just may not be the coach to lead the team into the future and that there are some game day decisions made to support that

Im taking the wait and see approach, I got concerns though and I don't think talking about them or discussing maybe getting a more experienced coach harms anything. I personally however would like a couple other changes made before Chuck but for me that's not off the table either

Could be positive as well. Tired of Colts adding these "player coaches" and "we'll get em next time" coaches with no fire. There has to be some discipline and accountability.(and confidence dare I say)

I don't know, I still think Gruden inherited a Super Bowl quality team and ran it into the ground over time.  I can't see any particular area of strength he brings that will transform the team.  We need a coach who knows how to use his subordinate coaches to get the most of the team.  Pagano has had HIS choice as OC for 1 game and upset an undefeated #1 Super Bowl quality defense.  (I am not sure there are any overall better defenses out there we'll face).  Now, if they can get us into the playoffs with a combination of Hasselbeck and Whitehurst with all the injuries current and going forward, what more can anyone expect? I think we may find Chud and Pagano make a great team and we keep status quo.  Surely Grigson won't go ANOTHER year with a weak O Line and holes in the defense.  

How about, play out this season, concern ourselves with this season and let the chips fall after. All else is here say, rumors and gossip.

How about, play out this season, concern ourselves with this season and let the chips fall after. All else is here say, rumors and gossip.

why? We aren't with the colts organization....what does it matter what we talk discuss? Don't take it so seriously.

pagano might have sealed his fate by giving the team an entire week off.  if you heard Rick Venturi talk about it, sounded like it was a strange thing to do and he would have never done it.  He said he would have held the players feet to the fire, kept them uncomfortable, and practicing.  If he (Venturi) would have done it like that, you can imagine that many other coaches would have as well.  One of his comments was, you just don't do that. So I just wonder what Grigson thinks about it?  Perhaps he is on board with it, but I really doubt it. Perhaps Grigson would have vetoed the idea if he has as much power as some people are touting he has (if he was against it).

pagano might have sealed his fate by giving the team an entire week off.  if you heard Rick Venturi talk about it, sounded like it was a strange thing to do and he would have never done it.  He said he would have held the players feet to the fire, kept them uncomfortable, and practicing.  If he (Venturi) would have done it like that, you can imagine that many other coaches would have as well.  One of his comments was, you just don't do that. So I just wonder what Grigson thinks about it?  Perhaps he is on board with it, but I really doubt it. Perhaps Grigson would have vetoed the idea if he has as much power as some people are touting he has (if he was against it).

It could be as simple as letting his players have time off to heal. Maybe take some time away for a little bit to recharge their bodies and minds. No matter what Pagano's fate is I don't see what this has to do with that. One game played with a new OC and a big win over Denver says this team plays hard for Pagano. Time will give us the answers.

It could be as simple as letting his players have time off to heal. Maybe take some time away for a little bit to recharge their bodies and minds. No matter what Pagano's fate is I don't see what this has to do with that. One game played with a new OC and a big win over Denver says this team plays hard for Pagano. Time will give us the answers.

Well, as far as what it has to do with, I think that would be the more obvious one........  A team that is 4-5, going on the road, with very little time with a new Offensive Coordinator, a new person to replace Henry Anderson, An all-pro quarterback that is declared out for the game, playing a good team on the road in Atlanta. Getting players acclimated to Atlanta's tendencies, watching film, getting better at fundamentals across the many different disciplines, and the list goes on.  You've heard the expression, "Well, they've had two weeks to prepare for them", Right?  Well, we just threw that right out the door.  This Atlanta game could get ugly, and if it does, look no farther than coach Pagano not having his team ready.

I think we're good at WR Promote Duron Carter to replace Andre

It's Duron Carter's time.  If it is not.  Then I think he goes to another team and our little rendezvous with the Carter family has ended and he becomes someone else's problem to deal with or he gets cut to the wind and the Raiders will pick him up.

Well, as far as what it has to do with, I think that would be the more obvious one........  A team that is 4-5, going on the road, with very little time with a new Offensive Coordinator, a new person to replace Henry Anderson, An all-pro quarterback that is declared out for the game, playing a good team on the road in Atlanta. Getting players acclimated to Atlanta's tendencies, watching film, getting better at fundamentals across the many different disciplines, and the list goes on.  You've heard the expression, "Well, they've had two weeks to prepare for them", Right?  Well, we just threw that right out the door.  This Atlanta game could get ugly, and if it does, look no farther than coach Pagano not having his team ready.

Being healthy and relaxed mentally is just as important as anything. They don't need two weeks to prepare for any opponent.

It seems there is a problem with Carter. There was a chance for him to be activated a couple of weeks ago but he wasn't. It could be he is having trouble with running correct routes? Not too sure why.

If your talking about the Dorsett Injury, I think they didn't bring him up because Whalen was ready to take his spot and they needed another guy to play Special teams for Whalen. Which doesn't fit Carters attributes

With the injuries and a tough game resting your guys and giving them time to heal the little injuries they play through can be helpful. Also working on the fundamentals and discipline at this time of year isn't going to do much I'd say were over half way through the regular season, which is when the small things start adding up for the good or bad, For example if your doing a marathon and your half way through you can't start training the fundamentals in the race you have to figure out whats working find a rhythm and power through the second half. which I think is what we have to do find a rhythm on offense and defense that works and power through the rest of the games so once luck gets back we are in good shape and not struggling into the playoffs.