Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I can't find a single clip on the onside kick - NFL has purged it from their records

ReMeDy

Dude....the game is over. Even had we won the onside kick. Anything could have happened after that. It was a hit or miss no matter what because New England was not going to stop scoring.

Still doesn't change the fact it's a highlight. Where's the highlight?

Dude....the game is over. Even had we won the onside kick. Anything could have happened after that. It was a hit or miss no matter what because New England was not going to stop scoring.

You're making threads saying we played great and love our coach's but a 14 point swing on a 7 point loss doesn't irk you? We actually forced them to punt in the second half and I think for the first time ever in this regime, they scored less in the second half.

You're making threads saying we played great and love our coach's but a 14 point swing on a 7 point loss doesn't irk you? We actually forced them to punt in the second half and I think for the first time ever in this regime, they scored less in the second half.

Where is this 14 point swing you keep talking about?

Talking onsides kick here

Ok, how do you get a 14 point swing out of an onside kicj? The Colts already scored and weready kicking off. The pats could have scored even if pat kicks it out of the end zone. There is no 14 point swing scenario there

Edit, nevermind. You are saying if we recover it. Not that we shouldn't have tried the onside kick. I got ya

That was a "Robert Kraft bought me" call, IMO. After the replays suggested the Patriots did not have clear possession, how on earth did the refs say they did not have clear evidence when the best evidence was Moncrief yanking the ball from the Pats' Klein guy AND coming up with the ball, both of which were viewable on TV replays?

That special teams call was the right one and did not cost us as much field position as the stupid illegal formation. The reason guys like John Harbaugh and Tom Coughlin go toe-to-toe with Bill Belichick is that when their team is good, they play more fundamental physical football, do not abandon the run easily, don't get enamored with gadget and trick plays (which suggests the Patriots are in your had), and play a 60 minute game with the Patriots.

That is what is needed to beat the Patriots, playing a 60 minute game. Going for the cute low-odd plays suggests they are in your head and that you do not believe you can beat them straight up. When it backfires, you make it more of a 45 minute game than a 60 minute game, IMO.

Going for the cute low-odd plays suggests they are in your head and that you do not believe you can beat them straight up. .

THIS!!!!!!

By doing stupid trick plays, we basically stated we though the Pats were better than us straight up. 

I just don't get a confident vibe from Pagano.  He seems so scared to say or do the wrong thing.  Especially in his press conference after the game.  He seems to talk VERY slow and is extremely uncomfortable.  I understand that being a NFL coach would put a lot of stress and anxiety on you BUT you can NEVER let it show.  His play calling, demeanor, speech, and body language all scream that he is nervous and uncomfortable.  That trickles down through everyone.  We need a coach who has a plan and is confident in what he is doing.  Lately, Pagano seems to have no plan whatsoever and is no where near confident

You can't find it because it is another embarrassment to the NFL, the officials, and the TV broadcasters. The replay I saw showed the pat player with the ball under his abdomen. Moncrief reached under, pulled out the ball, handed it to the official and that defined 'possession'. Possession in the NFL is having control of the ball and laying on it is not possession. How the replay people did not see it is beyond me. Also where was Dean Blandino? The TV guys usually roll him out when there is a controversial play. Do you believe the NFL, the replay officials, or your lying eyes? The 'what does it matter?' replys fail to consider that teams are getting terrible interpretations of what appear to be visual evidence of one thing only to be told it shows something else.