Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR Snap Counts

Smash Mouth

Andre Johnson has been one of the best WRs in the game over the past few years. It's no secret that he is on the back end of his career, but I think he has plenty left in the tank. He has had a bad stretch of games, but I am confident that he will turn it around.

I think he will have a few key receptions that will turn the fan perception in his favor. I will be happy when this happens, for the team and especially for him.

Andre Johnson has been one of the best WRs in the game over the past few years. It's no secret that he is on the back end of his career, but I think he has plenty left in the tank. He has had a bad stretch of games, but I am confident that he will turn it around.

I think he will have a few key receptions that will turn the fan perception in his favor. I will be happy when this happens, for the team and especially for him.

this was the BIGGEST reason I first mentioned the pass that was called back...

it wasnt about the idea of Johnson receiving 2 targets as opposed to 1...it was about the play itself...

Johnson made the grab, and showed burst picking up YAC up the sideline...

Is the the AJ from old? no...thats what happens in the life cycle of an nf...anything lol. BUT, that play did show that his tank is not dry. I think there is def still a player inside that number 81 Colts jersey...and a capable player at that.

ah man I wanted to like the post so much...until the last line lol. Thats my only spot of respectful disagreement lol.

on topic tho....with more involvement in the passing game from the TEs...back to that numbers game...who suffers?

well in week 3 id say it was Johnson

Ah suck it up & like the post lol

And no one should suffer. Look at Aaron Rodgers, he knows Nelson is his #1 guy but he still spreads the love. Everyone gets involved in that offense even Kuhn

It does however beg a question...

Avery

DHB

Nicks

Johnson

All FA WRs we've brought in, the most successful being Avery ( :Yikes: ), is the issues the talent evaluation or something else. It seems to me, and I'm very much spit balling, that Luck likes to target the receivers he knows and loves, kinda logical, but does so to the detriment of good decision making sometimes. Remember how he used to love forcing it to Reggie, I don't want to see him start to do that with TY.17 targets for Johnson compared to 28 for Hilton and 27 for Moncrief. 

It does however beg a question...

Avery

DHB

Nicks

Johnson

All FA WRs we've brought in, the most successful being Avery ( :Yikes: ), is the issues the talent evaluation or something else. It seems to me, and I'm very much spit balling, that Luck likes to target the receivers he knows and loves, kinda logical, but does so to the detriment of good decision making sometimes. Remember how he used to love forcing it to Reggie, I don't want to see him start to do that with TY.17 targets for Johnson compared to 28 for Hilton and 27 for Moncrief.

That distribution seems alright to me for the  #1, #2, and #3 receivers, right? It doesn't seem unhealthy or that he is drastically targeting Hilton over the others.

Ah suck it up & like the post lol

And no one should suffer. Look at Aaron Rodgers, he knows Nelson is his #1 guy but he still spreads the love. Everyone gets involved in that offense even Kuhn

lol ill give some love...only cause Kuhn is the man lol...and I love saying his name with an Eric Cartman voice, "The Kuuuuhn." lol

id agree in theory that none should suffer, but attempting to remain more probable than plausible....some are going to suffer when sharing the wealth. A large pizza has 8 slices. Me and You are good with 4 a piece...but if they come over, we still just have 8 total slices.

you know this lol, and know what i was saying. even if we both agree that all should have their own pizza! :)

That distribution seems alright to me for the  #1, #2, and #3 receivers, right? It doesn't seem unhealthy or that he is drastically targeting Hilton over the others.

Reading back after I posted that I thought yeah maybe I was worrying about nothing... though the headline from that then is that AJ is the #3 then.

Reading back after I posted that I thought yeah maybe I was worrying about nothing... though the headline from that then is that AJ is the #3 then.

I think that currently the ball distribution and play on the field would indicate that Andre Johnson is in fact the #3 receiver, and possibly, if he doesn't show enough, could become the #4 receiver behind Dorsett. 

I like AJ and hope that he contributes in a major way. However, we all know he is on the back end of his career while Dorsett is at the outset of his. There will be a changing of the guards, it's just a matter of when and what happens within that time.

I was reading colts.com and saw these snap counts for the WRs:

1. ​Moncrief (57 of 61)
  2. TY (55 of 61)
  3. AJ (41 of 61)
  4. Dorsett (15 of 61)

Two observations:

• AJ has slid to #3 status very quickly and is trending towards #4 behind Dorsett.  No catches for #81 yesterday.
  • Grigson is an awful judge of veteran WR talent

I like that Pagano made some changes this weekend including keeping Moncrief on the field.    I feel like our WRs (& TEs) are still searching for an identity as a group.  I thought that AJ could step in an anchor them with some vet leadership.  Maybe he's doing that from the sidelines and in meetings  but we're not getting anything on the field from him.  Another donut from him and Dorsett mays as well take even more of his reps.

I never agreed with Grigson on the AJ signing.  To me Houston letting him go with all their young WRs said enough.

They didn't let him go he asked to be released because he wasn't willing to play in a limited role. It's way too early to count him out we are only 3 games in there are 13 left lol lets focus on buying Luck more time to allow him the opportunity to accurately locate these guys. 

Colts fans!!! First, I would like to say I'm a new forum member even though I've been reading the forums faithfully for the last 5 years or so. I'm very excited to finally be able to join the conversation with you guys. (Don't know what took me so long)

One thing I have been dying to get of my chest is the whole A. Johnson situation. While his impact has been a little disappointing to say the least, I believe two things:

1) I think A. Johnson will have his coming out party for the Colts against guess who???? THE TEXANS

2) I know we expected him to be a beast from day one, but lets be honest his whole career he was the Texans in a whole different scheme. He's only human and like anything else it takes time. As the Colts gain momentum and confidence so will he!

GO COLTS!!

Edited by 21isSuperman

This is a dumpster fire offense

In the Jets game on the Pryor interception that was on Luck. Johnson was open but pass was behind him

Johnson can still be a productive WR. Clearly not as dominant as in his prime but still effective but only if used & used right. This is offense is awful right now

And I don't want Dorsett on the field until he learns how to hold onto the ball.

I agree that Johnson has value. He isn't done. But he and Luck need to get on the same page. So far that hasn't happened.

Dorsett has looked ok at receiver. Punt returner...Not so much. I'm more concerned about his route running than hands at this point.